Chapter 19: The Arrest

I wore a black longcoat to cover my red Chiffon dress underneathe it. I had gained a little weight but at the proper places which made the dress fit well on my body. I had to admit that I was looking a lot more prettier in this dress now, as compared to the last Prom. But I wasn't even half as happy as I was back then.

I took another look at the clock. It was ten to eight. There was a sharp knock on my window as soon as the minute needled reached 12.  I opened my window and pulled Adrian into my room quickly. He was wearing a white shirt with black Dolce suit. His Fedora was inclined at an angle on his head like a  gentleman of an old black and white movie. His smoky eyes fixed on my face.

"Goodevening Ma'am."

He bowed a little and held his hand out to ask for mine. I slipped my tiny hand in his, and the warmth of his palm penetrated through my hand. I could feel an electric spark travelling along my veins to my heart, and when it reached there, I skipped a beat.

"You're quite handsome."  I whispered.

He bent down to kiss my lips, and smiled.

"You're looking Gorgeous."

"Thank you so much."

I curled my ringlet on my finger and tucked it behind my ear.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yes. I have told my mom that I'll go out in the evening. So, I better use the main door instead of the window."

"As you wish, my love. I'll wait for you in the car."

He jumped out of the window at once.

The problem with Adrian was that, he was too charming. Whenever he was around me, it was almost impossible to think about anyone else but him. Not because he was my boyfriend, I had seen everyone doing the same. I had never seen anyone contradicting him. He had a charm of Persuading people, and making them agree to his decisions.

I went downstairs quietly. I sneaked to the main door, trying my best to be as quiet as I could. I had a glimpse of David's head, and Aaron's little feet when I walked past the couch. Mom was busy in the kitchen making dinner. I cupped my hands on the door knob and spoke aloud.

"I'm going out. I'll be back soon."

"Where are you going?"  David asked without taking his eyes off the Tv.

"I'm Going to have a coffee at Emily's."

"Okay honey."Mom replied from the kitchen. "Come back soon."

I didn't want them to see me in this dress. It was still a secret that I was dating my Music teacher.  Although, I was almost 18 and Adrian was 22 but Mom would strictly fobid our relationship. I couldn't tell her about the story that brought us together, so I decided to keep it our secret.

Adrian was waiting for me in his car. It was the same car, me and Chase followed that day. I opened the passenger door and sat inside.

He bent a little towards me and fastened my seat belt. He accelerated the car and we were out of our street in no time.

"Where are we going, Adrian?"

"Somewhere fancy, where it will be only two of us." He smiled.

"What's the name of the place?" I inquired.

"Wait and watch, Baby."

I played with my pendant and kept staring at the street lamps while passing through unfamiliar streets.

"Can I ask you something?" Adrian asked.

It was the first time, he was about to ask something from me. Otherwise, it was always the other way round.