Fred Weasley X Reader: Yule Ball

It was the day of the Yule ball and it was official, you were the only one in your year who was going to end up there alone, dateless. You decided you weren't going to go. You were currently sitting with George in the Great Hall, he was talking about his and Fred's dates for the night. 
"So who asked you?" You shook your head, slowly closing the book and standing up from the desk. 
"No one." You managed to answer before walking out of the hall and towards the dorms, you didn't want to end up crying in front of George. You had wanted Fred to pluck up the courage to ask you, you'd been flirting since forever and you thought it was going somewhere but when you found out he'd asked someone else you assumed you'd read all of the signs wrong. 

You'd bumped into McGonagall who walked with you to her class room. 
"I would like you to preform tonight, I find no reason for you not to be there tonight Miss Y/L/N." You sighed looking down at her desk and nodding, you'd always found it hard to say no to people, you weren't a push over but you could just never let people down. 
"I'll be there, what songs would you like me to preform?" You questioned, she smiled at you and walked over to a wardrobe inside her class and pulled out a garment bag. 
"Just one, I've left the sheet music on your bed. This is the dress I would like you to wear."

Hermione was curling your hair while you went through the music sheets, you'd been practising it for most of the day and you thought you were ready for it. Hermione laid your curled hair down the front of you and smiled.
"Time to get dressed." You helped her into her pink dress and she helped you into your white one, it was almost like a wedding dress, a simple fitted, love heart neck top and classic white, with laced flowers falling down the front.  

_______________________________________

You were up next, McGonagall had came out to check on you. This wasn't knew, you'd preformed in front of the school before but this somehow felt more awkward, everyone was going to know you weren't asked to the dance. You knew Pansy and her gang of girls were going to use it against you when classes started back up and you could bet that Draco was also going to start as well.

The slow music started and a spot light landed on you on the small stage. 
"A million thoughts in my head. Should I let my heart keep listening cause up till now I've walked the line. Nothing lost but something missing." You began singing and the room fell into complete silence, you tried to concentrate on the microphone in front of you but your eyes instantly fell onto Fred who was watching you. You closed your eyes and continued on with the lyics. 
"Every step, every word, with every hour I am falling in. To something new, something brave. To someone I, I have never been." 

People began swaying together, you opened your eyes to see Ginny and Neville slow dancing as well as McGonagall smiling at you as she danced around with one of the slytherin boys clearly trying to embarrass him. George was cheering you on from the side lines as you continued singing into the mic. 
"Am I crazy? Maybe we could happen. Yeah. Will you still be with me when the magic's all run out?" You arms were flying around as you got into the song more and more, closing your eyes tightly as you related to the lyrics. 

"If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm felling. Is this just a dream?!" You belted out hitting a higher note than what was written on the sheets, you smiled over at your professor who was smiling proudly at you. Fireworks exploded outside the castle, you could see them through the glass ceiling, you smiled continuing to sing
"If Only, yeahhhhh!" 
"If only." You finished softly, the room erupted into claps as the music switched to a slow moving song. You smiled at George before rushing off the stage and into the corridor where he followed you. 
"That was insane!" He yelled picking you up and spinning you around, before pulling you close to his chest. Your heart was pounding from the performance and you couldn't catch your breath.
"I see why she picked you." He said letting you go, you laughed sitting down on the steps and kicking off the white heels you had been wearing. 
"Well my night is over, I'm going to bed." You faked a yawn looking over at the door to see his date waiting for him. 
"Knock em dead." You winked standing up, you pushed him away before slowly going up the steps when you heard your name being called. 

"That was wicked." You heard Fred say from behind you, you stayed silent and turned to see him standing there, his bow tie undone and hanging down his dress robes. 
"Thanks." You whispered looking behind him, Angelina was stood there tapping her foot. 
"You should go back in, can't leave her waiting." He did a double take of Angelina as if he'd almost forgotten she was standing there. 
"Y-Yeah. Cya." You sent him a fake smile, once you knew he was gone you rushed up the stairs and around the corner where you slid down the wall, bringing your knees into your chest and sobbing into them. The perfect way to end the 'perfect' night.