Jealousy || Draco Malfoy

"We're workin' in here today!" Hagrid called out to everyone who was approaching him, he nodded his head over to the forest and you instantly felt uneasy about going into the forest, you'd never been but you remember the story Draco told about his detention in there.
"Bit more sheltered! Anyway, they prefer the dark." You flinched at the thought of whatever was inside there wanted to be left in the dark, all signs were pointing to bad things. 
"What prefers the dark?" Malfoy asked from the side of you, a trace of panic in his voice as well. You were standing next to him since you were close family friends, he'd been looking after you during your time at Hogwarts. You began walking with him into the forest close behind Hagrid who threw the cow he'd been carrying down onto the floor.

You were staring into trees when you saw it, two white shining eyes staring back at you, then a moment later the dragonish face, neck and then skeletal body, black, winged horse emerged from the tress, you gripped Draco's hand tightly in fear and continued to look at it as it bowed it's head and continued to tear flesh from the dead cow. You looked around at everyone who was confused, it looked as though only you, Neville, Harry and some other Slytherin boy could see the creature. 
"Now...put yer hands up, who can see 'em?" You slowly raised your hand that wasn't still clutching Draco's and Hagrid nodded, 
"Thought you would Harry, and Neville, Y/N." Malfoy scoffed from the side of you. 
"Excuse me, but what exactly are we supposed to be seeing?" You looked up at him and he avoided eye contact with you, his hand still holding onto yours. 
"Thestrals, Hogwarts has got a whole herd of 'em in here. Now who knows-" People began talking about how unlucky the creatures were. 

"The only people who can see Thestrals, are people who have seen death." Hermione answered looking around, you stared at the creature that was still eating away at the cow on the floor, your hand was still linked with Draco's and he was running his thumb along your knuckles.
"They're cute." You whispered to him, he said nothing because Umbridge had walked into the forest and joined you all. She began making rude comments about Hagrid and you instantly tensed, you'd hated her since the moment she joined the school and now she was insulting one of your favourite teachers. Pansy was giggling from the other side of Draco and you looked at him, he was laughing along with her, Umbridge came closer and you dragged your hand away from Draco's, he didn't pay attention to it so you walked over to one of the Thestrals that wasn't eating,
"Hi, you're not dangerous at all." You whispered, it nudged it's head against your neck and you smiled brightly. 
"Not scary at all." Neville said joining your side and smiling at you, you mouthed a hello and he was about to say something back when Umbridge began to talk to him. 

"You can see the Thestrals, Longbottom, can you?" He nodded looking at you and then to her. 
"Who did you see die?" Her tone was indifferent, you grabbed Neville's hand as a form of comfort to him,
"My..My granddad." He stuttered out, you sighed rubbing your thumb along his knuckles like Draco had done to you, it was calming for him clearly because his shoulders relaxed instantly.
"What do you think of them?" His grip tightened this time, all eyes were on him. 
"Erm...Well...They're...er...OK." She began writing and mumbling down on her clipboard. 
"No! No, I'm not scared of them." She smirked at him, coming over and patting him on the shoulder, she looked you up and down before heading over and out of the woods again. Pansy was still laughing, Draco on the other hand was staring at your hand that was still linked with Neville's. 
"You okay?" You whispered to Neville, he turned to face you and you both touched the Thestral, he gave you a small nod and you gave him a small smile.

You were heading back out of the woods, your hand still linked with Neville's since you were tripping over, Pansy and Draco were in front of you, you let out a squeal as you slipped once again, Draco turned around ready to grab you but Neville had beaten him to it, he'd made you hold onto his arm. Your eyes met Draco's and he smirked, grabbing Pansy by the waist and walking with her. Occasionally he would look back to see if you were looking but you weren't you were either too busy looking at the ground or in deep conversation with Neville about the lesson you had just had. 
"Thanks for walking with me." You joked finally emerging out of the woods and onto the safe stable ground of Hogwarts. 
"No problem, I should go I promise Professor Sprout I would be back by now." He ran off leaving you alone, you were brushing down your robes and making sure you had everything in your bag when you heard giggling and moaning. 
"Draco stop, it's not funny." You turned around to walk back up to the castle when you were face to face with Draco making out with Pansy. 
"Didn't see you there." Draco lied letting go of Pansy and almost dropping her to the floor, she grunted storming off mumbling something in the progress. 
"Where's your little boyfriend Longbottom?" You rolled your eyes pulling the strap of your bag over your head and began walking away from him, he gripped your wrist forcing you to turn around. 
"Where's your little girlfriend Pug face ran off to?" You barked back at him, he let go of your wrist and you began walking away again, he was close behind you. 

When you got onto the bridge he pulled you and slammed you against the wall, you didn't hurt yourself but you felt suddenly intimidated, his hands pressed either side of your head on the wall, you couldn't get out. 
"What's the matter Draco? Jealous?" You asked looking at him, he scoffed shaking his head.
"What would I have to be jealous over, I can get any girl I want." You rolled your eyes looking over at Neville who was talking to Professor Sprout at the bottom of the bridge. 
"Well Maybe I should go back to Neville, let you keep your time all for Pug face." A small growl came from Draco and you held back a laugh.
"You know I don't like her."
"So why were you making out with her." His hands dropped from the walls and he avoided eye contact with you. 
"Because...You...Because you drive me insane! First we're holding hands, cuddling in the common room, spending holidays together at your house or my house...then you go and hold hands with him." You bit down on your lip to stop yourself from laughing in his face. 
"Draco...I held his hand because he was scared...I was scared, I held him on the way out of the forest because you were too much making face with Puggy, if you were next to me I would have walked with you out...Neville is like a brother to me...I don't see him the way I see you."

Draco relaxed a little, and he looked back at you this time. 
"How do you see me?" 
"Like a spoilt child who's crying because he can't get his own way." You laughed, he went to walk away but you grabbed his tie pulling him back to you and connecting your lips to his, you pulled away and kissed up his jaw to his ear before whispering. 
"I see you as someone I've liked for a long time, now get it together and make out with me."