Chapter twelve: Unsettled Nerves.

Ariel was so busy with looking after the kids, she didn't have time to think about all the missing guys. But as the children were put to bed, looking around for Fred or even Rodney made her start to get worried. Sure, she didn't care for them anymore, but that doesn't mean she had no morals.  

Y/n was acting weird too. She'd disappear and come back all flustered and awkward.  Was she meeting with one of the guys? There's no way, right?

Contemplating her friends actions, Ariel head back to her cabin to change into her pjs and go to sleep. 

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

"Goodnight everyone." You whispered, closing the door of the sleeping children's housing.

"First day down. Tomorrow we can play more, seeing how well they communicate with each other... Maybe we could even..."

Speaking to yourself, going over your schedule while walking to your cabin, you trailed off out loud. A sudden sensation of arms wrapped from behind you caused you to jump.

"Eep!" Squeaking, you quickly turned your head to your left to face the culprit. 

Jason's blue eyes were gleaming at your startled gaze.

"Jeez! Jason! You scared me!" You whisper screamed at him.

His body shook slightly, indicating his laughter. Releasing you, he followed your continuous walk to your room.
It was a quiet night, and the moon was shining bright. Jason had been waiting to have you to himself all day. He was pretty lonely, considering his mother had barely said a word to him. He did like your private meetings though, it was a thrill to have a secret. He felt more human than he had in years.

"Do you want to come in?" You shyly asked, finally reaching your door. You kept your back to him; face reheating like leftover pizza in a microwave.

You heard him stop walking.
"Oh yeah he doesn't talk..."  
You thought, hating the embarrassing silence.

Peeking back at him, his eyes were smiling. Giving you a nod you smiled awkwardly and opened the door for him. It wasn't broken anymore; Jason fixing it for you as you were with the kids.

He closed it behind him, and you made your way to you bed, tossing your shoes near the closet.

Letting out a satisfied sigh, you fell backwards onto the bed, arms stretched out to the side.

"Man, what a day!"

Jason took a seat on the end of the bed next to you, reaching over and ruffling the hair on the top of your head once again. 

Grinning, you grabbed his hand and pulled him towards you. You meant for him to lay next to you, but you miscalculated the force and distance greatly. He fell forward, quickly catching himself. Though not crushing your body, he ended up towering over it, hands near each side of your head, his mask inches from your face.

"Pft! S-sorry! I didn't mean-"

Panicking, words failing to make sense, your brain went mushy at the distance. You laughed at yourself for your mishap. 

"Goodness! So uncool."  

Jason however was enjoying your little cute freak out. Now he knew you saw him as a man and not a monster. But his thoughts soon went negative, as he remembered how you reacted with Fred the first day. 

Would she have been the same with him as me?

Frowning behind his mask, he stared blankly at you. This changed the atmosphere. A concerned look clouding over your face as you looked at him.

He was so close but seemed so far away.

He was still hovering over you, forgetting where he was entirely. 

Reaching up slowly, you placed a hand on his 'cheek'. 

"Are you okay?" You said, barely louder than a whisper.

You felt him gasp, coming back to his senses.

Jason placed his hand over yours, giving a small nod into your palm.

"You wanna spend the night here?"

It was your turn to looked shocked, not expecting yourself to say that. You were about to laugh it off, but he squeezed your hand and nodded once more. His eyes were dead serious.

"Oh dear. There's no backing out from this one. Y/n you really need to think before you speak..."  Brain smashing it's face on the inner wall of your head, you thought you were going crazy.

This was going to be a long night...

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 🔪✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Sorry for such a short chapter after a long time Riceballs! My brother and his family moved into our small house and it's been hectic. I hope to update more though, even if it's shorter. Thanks for sticking around! ♡♡