Chapter twenty three: Trash Needs To Be Taken Out.

Y/n and Jason had to go aways to a nearby gas station to use their pay phone. She took a mental note to bring her car from home. It was a small one, but it was much better than walking everywhere. Jason might be used to it but her feet were screaming bloody murder. The kids were not allowed to leave the lounge in case the CPS person showed up before them. They were tired from the stress and went back to sleep after Y/n said "they'd be back" anyway, so she allowed it.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

 Jason waited for you outside, tapping his machete impatiently. He wanted to go in with you, but you promised to come out fast and to call for him if anything happened. Reluctantly, he obeyed, crossing his arms and leaning on a gas pump. The streetlight hummed, changing slowly from bright to dim every so often. Staring absentmindedly at nothing in particular, his attention snapped to the door when he heard the bell ring.

"Thank you!" You called back to the kind older women at the register.

"Anytime, dear." She smiled and waved back.

With a cloth tote on your arm, Jason tilted his head, for you didn't have it when you arrived.

"Jason!" You grinned ear to ear, dashing to your waiting companion. 

Standing straight, he faced you when you reached him.

"Look, look!" Opening the cloth tote with little cats patterned around it, you showed him the contents. Ginger Ale, iced coffee, m&ms and Pocky sticks.

"That really nice lady gave me them. I almost burst into tears. I wanted to pay her but she insisted way too much. Sorry it took so long. We were going back and forth and I eventually gave up. She was too cute!"

Jason immediately understood the lady's intentions. His girl was also indeed cute and kind; it'd be hard not to give her free stuff.

"Come on, I got some change for the pay phone too." Patting your pocket, the loose change inside clinked together.

As you turned to go to the phone, Jason stopped you. He didn't use much force, just gently grabbing your wrist.

You looked over your shoulder.
"Hm?"

Your smile always made his heart twinge. 

He took the bag from your hand and walked ahead of you.

"Ah, I can do it!" You protested but he just shook his head playfully. Ignoring your complaints, his long strides to the phone made you laugh in defeat.

"Fine, fine! You win." Coming up at the rear, you pulled out the coins.

You stood under the small booth's roof, with Jason standing beside, since he was too tall to fit.

But as you were about to insert the coins you stopped and looked at Jason.

"Wait, I don't know the number..." Fading to silence, you frowned in thought. 
"Hold on, I'll go ask for a phone book." You squeezed his arm in apology when he nodded. Quickly walking back to the store, he simply watched you rush back until he couldn't see you anymore.

"Sorry to bother you again Ma'am, do you happen to have a phone-" The door closed behind you, cutting you off. Only the door bells were heard jingling in the dark parking lot. Or so Jason thought was the case.

A monstrous truck roared down the road by the gas station. The windows were rolled down and loud music was blasting. People were hooting and hollering, disrupting the peaceful nightfall. Why must rude people always show up at the worst time.

"Get rid of them, Jason."
Ms. Voorhees hissed to him. She didn't have to tell him twice. He didn't want more problems for Y/n. She was on edge already, no matter how well she pretended she was okay. No amount of free candy could stop Y/n from worrying about the safety of children. So, it was up to Jason to be the one to look after her.

Yes, Mother.

Hanging the bag of goodies inside the booth on a convenient hook, Jason stormed off once again to take out the human garbage. He could hear them making sloppy donuts, and knew they would soon stop at the station; from his past experiences. Typical. 

After lapping a few times around the street dangerously close to crashing, they finally pulled into the lot after coming to a screeching stop. The arms and other limbs that were dangling from the windows retracted back in to exit the vehicle. It was a small group of them, the usual at this time of night. Five tipsy teens hobbled out, hanging onto the open doors and each other for support. It was disgusting to see their clothes sagging off their bodies. They were clearly finished with partying- and other risque things-and wanted to restock on gas, beer and snacks.