Chapter fourteen: The Confrontation.

All the kids were taking a nap in the lounge after wearing themselves out after a whole day of games and running around. You were glad they were having fun and getting along much better than the first day. But the problem you were facing now was much more than a child's little dispute. Sitting in front of you was a fiery red head, with loads of questions ready to explode your head. You knew you couldn't put it off anymore. She was too observant.

"Oi! Earth to Y/n!" 

Ariel snapped in your face to get your attention.

"Ah. S-sorry. Did you say something?" You gave an uncomfortable laugh, rubbing your arm subconsciously. 

She sighed and shook her head.

"Girl, I'm not really mad at you, per say. You know that right?"

"Huh?" You looked up and were surprised to see a concerned expression on her face.

She blushed and then scowled.

"I'm worried, okay?!" She said, not loud enough to wake the sleeping children behind you, but strongly enough to drive her point across.

"I-" You were about to react, but stopped when you saw Rose stir in her sleep.

"Come on, let's head to the deck." 

Ariel beckoned you to follow, which you did quietly, behind her.

Arriving at the porch, you both sank into the lawn chairs you had added there. The benches weren't as comfortable, plus you had tied pillows to the chairs. It was better for the long talk you knew was about to go down.

"So. First off," She said fixing the pillow behind her, "Do you know where the guys went?"

You glanced at the forest. 

"I'm sorry, Jason."  You thought to yourself. You couldn't hide it from her anymore.

"Um, yes I do." You had answered in a faint whisper.

"Where would that be?"

"Well... you wouldn't believe me."

"How come?" She pressed on.

"Because well.. they're.. not.."

You looked away and mumbled, "...Alive anymore."

"What was that??" She leaned forward and gently turned your face to face hers. You had to look up slightly, because she was taller.

You didn't know why, but tears started to prick at your eyes.

"They're not alive anymore!"

You shouted and pushed her away not too hard, but enough to shock her. You faced the other direction and held your arms across your chest, hugging yourself.

"Crazy lady say whaaat?!" She sputtered with disbelief. 

Stepping in front of you, Ariel shook you by the shoulders.

"Hey- you're kidding right? Please tell me you're joking!"

You couldn't meet her enraged leer while a tear escaped your eye.

"Oh shit.. You're not kidding..."

"Dammit Y/n! Tell me these important things! Were you just going to hide this from me until we leave? They came with us! You think I'd find out they were missing when we left without them!"

She went off about you being too secretive, questioned what happened, and well, everything really.

You stood there and took it. What else could you do? She was right. Why didn't you tell her? Jason killed the people you came with. So why did you want to protect that fact so much?

After she was done ranting, she plopped back down on the chair and held her head in her hands, sighing again.

You gingerly sat down in your own chair, letting her catch her breath.

"You okay?" 
You were terrified on what this could do to your friendship. But you needed to ask.

"No Y/n, I'm not." Slowly looking up she had tears of her own, running down her face.

"Oh!" You wiped her cheeks with your hoodie sleeves.

"Pft, what are you doing? I'm not 7." She breathed out.

"Ah, sorry, habit I guess." You laughed, still on edge.

"So. Who killed them? You know... Don't you?" 

You stopped wiping and gasped, finally meeting her intense gaze. Her eyes burned into yours. She knows you know something, and she wouldn't back down.

"Do I tell her now?"  Your heart was pounding in fear of what she would say next.

"I- I do. But, other than the killing, he's actually really-!"

"Aha!" She stood up suddenly, sniffed in her snot, and wore a grin on her face.

"So, it's a guy, huh?

She poked your reddening cheeks.

"Oh no."

"Is he cute? You you have a crush on him? How tall is he?" 

Ariel's questions went from "Who killed our colleagues" to "Are you crushing on this guy?" almost immediately. 

"Wait what? Aren't you really mad that I knew who killed our coworkers??" You stared blankly, confused on this instantaneous shift of mood.

"Of course I am." She glared; making you flinch.

"But..." She groaned. "I suppose they weren't the best people on the planet." Huffing, she blew the bangs out from her face.

"So as long as we both stay quiet, nobody will miss them right?" She snickered mischievously. 

Jaw dropping, you gawked at your evil laughing pal.

"You're... crazy scary Ariel. And you didn't even kill them.'

"Hmpf!" Tossing her hair to the side she crossed her arms and scoffed. 

"Anybody can kill, but you have to be a great liar as well." She winked, and you rolled your eyes.

"If I roll my eyes anymore, they'll roll right out of my head." 

Ariel laughed at this and you smiled.

"Wait, so does that mean we're accomplices? Who is this killer dude anyway?" 

Sitting down yet again, you gave a weary smile up at her.

"Jason Voorhees." 

After a few beats of paused silence she shouted, "Holy... shit!!!!" into the sky.

She then laughed with her mouth open in humorous shock, her hand covering it.

"Y/n," She said, placing her two hands on both of your shoulders, leaning down over you. "You're like, so bad now!"

Your cheeks went pink and you waved her off.

"I'm not!" You protested to the taunting woman.

"I just, feel bad for him-"

"Oh shush, you know it's deeper than that. You literally hid his murders from me. You probably made him food too, knowing you." Cutting you off she disagreed and stating facts. 

"We all know the story of Jason Voorhees. But to think our little Y/n would fall for him? The world really is full of surprises."

This silenced you. Fiddling with your hoodie strings you looked at your feet.

"...I made him food." You confessed softly.

"Oh my god! I knew it! You wuv himm~" She sang and danced around on the porch.

"I do not w-wuv him! I just think he's a sweetheart-" But it was no use. Ariel had already blocked off your complaints and was twirling around, singing the "k-i-s-s-i-n-g sitting in a tree" song like a little kid.

Chasing her around, you both ended up laughing and shouting to each other about Jason.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦  👄 ━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Jason was actually near by snickering silently to himself, upon hearing the song and noisy commotion on the porch. He came back from killing to check on you, but it was obvious you were busy with the red haired girl.

...Kissing, huh?

He never thought of doing it. He thought it was disgusting to kiss someone you didn't plan to marry. At least that's what his Mother had said. Lately he'd been rethinking all the things she had told him. Well most things. That was probably why she was giving him the silent treatment. She didn't like he was thinking of you in the filthy way she had almost lost him to.

But he couldn't help it. He wanted to be near you. To hold you. To- Agh! This was driving him crazy. You were driving him crazy.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 👀 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Hey hey Riceballs!~This chapter was really fun to write xD

I hoped you enjoyed Ariel's teasing.

Until next chapter!~ Onward and upwards! ♡♡