Chapter twenty seven: Reality Checks and Confrontation.

Morning came faster than Y/n and Jason wanted it to. It seemed only five seconds ago they were cuddling together with two kids and having a comfortable dreamless sleep. It was hard to imagine that this wasn't the norm. It felt so.. right. But you both knew it wouldn't last, as much as you felt the kids wished it, you just knew deep down they just couldn't stay...

They were quite shaken up to have woken up between an infamous killer and the kind counselor that the said slasher was in a romantic relationship with. Soon Jason was serving them the breakfast you had whipped up for everyone. The children were happily talking while simultaneously wolfing down the eggs and toast, food seeming to fly in every direction. Drinking your coffee in the back corner of the kitchen, you leaned against the wall, letting your head fall against it. Almost succumbing to the wave of sadness building up inside, you felt a poke to your cheek. Jason was glued to your side as soon as he was done.
"Hey, you." 
Setting down your cup on the nearest counter space, you looked up a with a weary look on your face that dissolved to a relaxed smile.
His presence was dazzling to you. You just wanted to hug and smother him with kisses all day. Who wouldn't? Just simply seeing him cheered you up immensely, you never felt this way towards someone before. 

Pulling you towards him, he held you in front, his chest pressed into your back as he took your place to rest against the wall. His warmth was so comforting, and he too loved to cage you in his arms.

"They're so keen on staying..." Chewing on your thumb nail, you shook your head.

Squeezing your waist in response, you knew he was just as upset about it as you.

"I'll try and explain this to them to the best of my ability. The agent is coming around noon so we have a while to get this out in the open. But, I still want them to want to leave on their accord."

Heart wincing at the painful expressions yet to come, you mustered up as much courage as you could for their sake. But just as you were about to call out to them, a shattering sound filled the air.

"Oi, you moron, be careful!" Angela yelled, jumping out of the way of the glass shards that spread across the floor.

Springing into action almost immediately after registering what had happened, you and Jason hurried to their side.

"Hey, hey what's going on?" You asked frantically.

Blake blushed in shame, looking down at the floor.

"Nothing, sorry.. I'll clean it up." He brushed you off and walked to the storage closet, in search of what you assumed was the broom and pan.

Eyebrows furrowed, you turned back to Angela.
"And the real reason?"

She rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue in annoyance. 
"Well genius over there has this plan, and I was excited about it last night when we were planning it but..." She paused and twirled her blond tresses absentmindedly.

Giving her silent encouragement for her to finish, you placed a supporting hand on her shoulder. 
Her eyes wavered with hesitation, but she continued.

"But, I said it wouldn't work and he's all mad and blames me for blowing off our "mission." She air quoting the last word with her fingers.

Jason reached over and patted her head to praise her.

She giggled. "Thanks."

"He's happy you told us. Thank you for doing so Angela."

Changing back to her usual demeanor, she scoffed.

"Hmpf. Well, somebody has to be the brains behind our sibling-ship." Shrugging dramatically, with her arms up and head shaking, you smiled for a brief moment before looking up at Jason.

"I guess Blake is the one to console the most, huh."
He nodded and looked back to the closet, where Blake emerged with the cleaning tools.

"What?" He asked, visually intimidated with everyone staring at him.

Clearing you throat, you waved him over, hoping to not scare him off.

"Oh it's nothing, just waiting for you, that's all."

"O-oh." 
He trudged over to the broken glass and started sweeping up his mess, his bangs hiding his eyes. His gaze was glued to the floor and it was clear a barrier was up. The atmosphere was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Well, um I'll help clean up. Jason could you take Angela to the main cabin again for a while?"

He didn't move, whining with his eyes. He was NOT ready to be alone with a kid on his own. He was dreading the uncomfortable noiseless stare-off waiting ahead.

"Come on," Ange tugged on his sleeve, taking the lead and snapped him from his thoughts. "I'll talk your ears off."

Giving him a wink Jason huffed and reluctantly let the small human pull him along.

You turned back to Blake who groaned at your beaming teacher leer. It was time for an interrogation.

"I'm about to show him so much love and support, that he'll have to tell me."

"I guess you're wondering why the glass broke, right?" He asked, while you held the pan in position for him to sweep the remaining shards into.

"Other than gravity, yes, I was hoping you'd illuminate on what got you so riled up." Trying to lighten the mood, you teased him just a bit. He breathed a laugh behind you when you tapped the pan into the trashcan. He balanced the broom on the side of the fridge, not bothering to return it to the closet. 
"Let's take a seat shall we?" You lead him back to the inside kitchen table. 

Now facing each other, he shifted in his seat, collecting his thoughts. His face twitched every now in then. 
"Take your time." You said gently. "No rush."

After a while his head shot up and he met your eyes.
"Alright, I'm ready to be gross and talk about my feelings but you better not laugh okay?!" 

Turning serious, you held his gaze.
"I wouldn't dare to."

Startled at your response, he sighed with a defeated smile after a beat of silence.

"I know you won't Miss..." Folding his arms in front of him, he rested them against the table.

"Okay, here goes everything."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ (╥ω╥) ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Please forgive my dry spell of content my dear Riceballs..  lately I've been struggling personally but it's unfair to you guys, so I'll keep my head up. :) Hope everyone is staying safe in these scary times. Much love~♡