Chapter eighteen: Light At The End Of The Tunnel.

Warm.

Jason woke up, hugging Y/n. It was so nice to wake up to see her sleeping face. Even snoring and drooling his heart was filled with affection.

He watched her sleep for a while longer. Rubbing his thumb over her cheek and smiling secretly to himself when her face scrunched up in dreamland. Her nonsensical sleep talk was adorable to him. Pulling her gently closer, she wrapped a leg over his. Snuggling closer he drifted back asleep.

Awaking later to her tapping his arm and gasping for air, he was scared that he had hurt her. But she laughed it off and teased him about it. 

"Jeez. That comfortable?"

Yes.

He nodded and was pleased by her blush. He chuckled, surprising himself. He hadn't laughed this often in years.

She yawned and stretched, sitting up, moving the pillow for back support. He didn't want to move. So he stayed there, taking in her warmth and presence. She booped his mask's nose, giggling. It was music to his ears. He loved it when she laughed.

"Come on, I'll make breakfast."

His Mother had been the only one to make him food. Oh how he had missed these home cooked meals. They soon got up and she handed him his jacket. He put his boots on and went out to kill. She waved him off before getting ready herself.

"You really are being a naughty boy, aren't you." 

Mother?! Where have you been??

She had ignored him for days now. Not speaking to him.

"Your thoughts have gone dirty?" She sneered making him shrink back.

No Mother, I just like her...

Jason argued back.

She was shocked, despite being a disembodied voice.

"I see. Kill for Mother this morning. Kill."

Jason hesitated. 

Y-yes Mother.

Jason had attempted to kill a couple of teen boys who were yelling at each other to fix the engine. It wasn't working so one boy threw insults while the other flipped him off. Jason easily punctured their necks with his machete, and left them on the side of the road.

But one escaped and yanked his mask off during their fist fight. He had seen his face.

"That ain't right, man!" He yelled in disgust.

Jason frowned and slit his throat immediately, letting him drop to his knees and bleed out on the forest floor.

Such hurtful people. He hated his face more, obviously. 

That's why I wear the damn mask.

Letting negative thoughts over, he angrily cut more people up. He killed a waitress who was taking a smoke break outside near the dumpsters. Once he killed her, he threw her lifeless body into the garbage bins and slammed the lid.

Body after body, he slowly lost his reasoning. But his Mother was eating it up.

"Yess. My special boy... Good job." Her voice was poison and filling his ears.

Once he was done, he trudged back to the lake. He stared out into the waters and just watched. What was the point? Why was he doing this? He was feeling so down and was surprisingly sick of killing for the day.

He was covered in blood. His, not his, who knows. He felt numb to the pain anyway. At least he thought he was. His stomach growled. Hunger? What even was that. Y/n must have awaken it in him... Y/n... what was she doing?

Y/n...

He needed to see her. 

Making up his mind, he headed back to her cabin. What if she was scared of him? Would she be disgusted with his face too? He didn't want to think about her expression. All their expressions were the same when they saw him.

Reaching her door, he opened it and went inside. He didn't bother to close it all the way. He was about to toss his machete on the porch but knew she'd get mad. So he propped it on the inside of the door frame out of view from the outside.

Plopping onto his main edge of her bed, he sat in the dimly lit room and waited for her arrival. He decided to show her. He desperately needed to know how she'd react to his face.

An hour passed which felt like years.

He heard creaking of the porch floor boards.

"She's back. What will you do?" His Mother again... He never thought he'd think this, but he wished she'd go away. At least for this.

Mother. Please.

"Fine. I get it. I'll leave you alone. But don't come crying to me if she rejects you. You'll be sorry."

He felt her presence disappear from his head.

"Hey, you there?"

Y/n. She's here.

She cautiously came into the room.

"I brought your breakfast." She spoke softly. She had seen the machete.

Holding a tray of wonderful smelling food in her arms, she had to use her elbow to flip the light on.

Here goes everything.

"Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed. She hastily placed the food on her desk and came to stand in front of the hurt man.

She looked at Jason and saw the pain in his eyes. His legs were spread and she timidly stood between them. Immediately resting his head on her chest he sighed muffled, and wrapped his arms around her possessively.

How did I miss you so much.

She cradled his head and rubbed his back, It felt so comforting and nice, it made him start to tear up.

"So much for a good morning, huh. Did something happen?"

So much. But I can't tell you.  

He squeezed her silently.

She didn't speak anymore after that. Just rocking and humming, patting him in a rhythmic way. That was some trigger for him or something. He shook emotionally. 

She pulled back.

Huh? No- don't look at me-

He begged but she didn't know. She looked deep into his glossed over eyes, eyebrows wrinkled in sympathy.

Ahh stop. I'm so uncool.

Jason wasn't haven't that so he hid his face, tugging her back towards him.

"Oh honey..." She whispered. 

Holding him for a while in a comfortable quiet, she finally spoke up again.

"Want to eat?"

For sure. Smells so good.

He let her go and nodding, sniffing self-consciously. 

She went to the bag she arrived with and dug around until she pulled out a packet if tissues.

Jason smirked under his mask.

So overly prepared.

He let her dab his eyes through his mask. She didn't even question it. She was amazing.

"Who knew, the infamous Jason Voorhees was such a softie." She winked and his heart sped up.

Oh crap, she's too cute.

He let out a breath of laughter and her face lit up. She loved his laugh as much as he loved hers.

She had moved back in his leg spread so he did the obvious. Trap her between his legs of course.

Heh.

"My my. Your food will get cold Mister." She had the most confident voice ever but he could see her face slowly turning red.

Jason couldn't help it. Y/n did something to him. Took over his thoughts and cleared his mind even after the most shitty day. He let his eyes wander over her face. Her y/e/c eyes glowed. Her cute nose. And then her lips. Oh man oh man her lips. He caught himself staring at them frequently. When she smiled, laughed or even frowned or pouted. He was feeling urges he didn't think he was allowed to feel. 

Taking her small hand in his, he drew her closer.

Y/n..

"Jason.." She had said his name so lightly and tenderly, his heart soared. 

He reached up and was about to pull his mask up to take ownership of her sweet breath, when a loud banging interrupted them.

"Y/n! Are you in there?!"

...Dammit. 

They both jumped and he released her hand and his legs.

"Y-yeah! I'm coming!"

Her face flushed, Y/n didn't look at him, as she grabbed her rain boots and booked it to the kitchen, it seemed. She had taken Ariel with her. 

Ariel, you have the worst timing.

If she wasn't Y/n's friend, he'd have thrown her off a roof or something. He huffed and stood up, letting his heart rate slow. Though it wasn't a full victory, he'd get her next time. He knew she'd think about him for the rest of the day.

Grabbing his machete and re-attaching it to his holster, his spirits were lifted. Time to report to his Mother's head.

He didn't mind his face now because he knew Y/n would blush regardless of what he looked like. And he was okay with that.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿  👄 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

❤ (ɔˆз(ˆ⌣ˆc)
Hope you enjoyed Jason's POV my little Riceballs~ 
His Mom has no chill lmao always showing up at the most awkward times xD moms be like.
Sorry it's so short, I spend a lot of time on my new story. Next chapter will be longer I hope :)