Chapter twenty: Fine, I Guess I'll Go First!!

Jason rushed to his shack to get the wild flowers he had picked that morning for Y/n. Time to be classy. 
"Don't worry dear, women take longer in the washroom."  Ms. Voorhees giggled to her frantic son.
It had to be perfect. Y/n was perfect. She deserved the world and meant that to him. Would she accept his love?

The handful of flowers griped tightly in his grasp, Jason was determined to win Y/n's golden heart.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The faucet squeaked as you turned off the hot water. Steam entered the room when you pulled back the shower curtain. Wrapping one towel around your body and twisting the other one around your head, you stepped onto the last towel you had laid out. 
"I should buy a bathmat." You pondered, missing the fuzzy mat feeling between your toes. 

Wiping the fogged up mirror in front of one of the sinks, you got to work on your simple face routine Ariel had taught you, and brushed your teeth. Applying lip balm, you rubbed your lips together to spread it out while you dried you hair. Lastly, you got dressed in your pjs and dried up the floor on areas you had gotten wet. Gathering the towels to hang dry, you stifled a yawn. It was a long day and you just wanted to cuddle up with a certain someone and sleep in a warm bed.

The trail to your cabin seemed shorter than ever. Dampened towels draped over your arm, you glanced at the other cabins; reminiscing. Dreading seeing the kids off in the morning but then smiling at the thought of Ariel snoring peacefully, you decided to think positive, and about the happy times you had with everyone in the end.

Hoping it wouldn't rain again, when you reached the porch you hung the towels on the railing before you went inside.

"Jason?" 

Kicking your Toms off near the closed door, you called out, looking around. 

Empty.

You flicked on the desk lamp and focused your attention out the window. 
"Did something happen?"  You thought, wondering where your giant guardian had wondered off to.

10 minutes passed.

You were now snuggled into the bed alone with a quilt around your shoulders. Book in hand and headphones in. Me time is the best time... but you did wish he was here...

 Finishing the chapter you closed your book and sighed contently, pausing the music.
"Hemingway you cease to amaze me." 
Taking your earbuds out and wrapping them around the music player, you reached over to put them in the bedside table drawer along with the book.

One last glance at the door, you frowned.
"I hope he's okay..." You said into the dark room.

Shimmying to lay down from your sitted-up position, you closed your eyes, praying Jason was safe.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

The sun shine beaming in from the curtain hit your closed eyes. You sleepily rubbed them with the heels of your hands and yawned, slowly awakening and getting your senses back. The birds chirping outside made you smile. Stretching out until your legs shook was the best feeling after a great night's rest. But your morning stretch quickly came to a stop when you saw who was laying next to you, mask slipping off.

You jumped, stuttering out a "J-Jason?!"

"If I had a dollar for every time I woke up next to him startled..."  You giggled and placed a kiss on his temple. You were relieved he was unharmed. 

His shoes were spread out on the ground, as well as his jacket, though his machete was propped up against his side of the bed, just in case.

Quickly getting dressed into black jeggings and another cat themed graphic tee, you scribbled a note on a sticky paper and stuck it on Jason's machete.

"Good morning sleepy head, breakfast in the kitchen :) ♡
 The kids (and Ariel) go home today" 

●╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮●

"-Well where's the last place you remember having it?"

The children and Ariel were already in the kitchen to your surprise. You immediately started on breakfast. Crepes, orange juice and fresh fruit. You made a mental note to get more.