🤍Optimistic! Kamado Tanjiro x Social phobia! Reader: A lullaby for you🤍

Anime: Kimetsu no Yaiba/Demon Slayer (Type: Dark fantasy, Adventure, Shounen)

🌸———————————🌸

Y/n's POV

I was in the Butterfly Estate with Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu in the bedroom while Aoi-chan and all the girls were doing their laundry in the garden, but little do they know— I suffered social phobia since I was five and it was difficult for me, because I was not comfortable in talking to people and I still struggle on facing my fears towards demons.

However, my legs were hurting very badly during our mission in Mount Nagumo of defeating Rui, the spider demon. I can barely get up on my own, and my spine is aching in pain and I felt upset for not being able to handle and resist the pain I've received.

It was a break time after the training that Kanao and the others gave us, I have to stay at my bed, not able to go out to get some fresh air. However, I was alone in the room...until one person's musical voice started echoing in my mind. "Y/N-chan!" You got up and saw a boy with burgundy hair and eyes coming towards you, his cheerful and upbeat voice ringing the whole atmosphere.

"Could you come to the garden with us, Inosuke and Zenitsu were there, join us!"

"No....I-I-"

"What's the matter? Are you sick? Where is the pain? Do you need some water?"

Those concerning sentences were hurting your feelings of how clueless Tanjiro is when he smelled the depressing and pitiful scent around you and doesn't know you are having trouble at socializing.

Tanjiro's POV

I kept asking some questions about Y/n's health and status, yes I am worried about her. Her face is paler than her usual sk/c skin to match her h/l h/c hair, I could barely smell the scent of flowers coming from her hair.

Suddenly, she finally spits out her feelings and it kept my heart shattered in a million pieces of pain...

"No...my whole body is aching, that's why I'm feeling broken.... not just that but I have a rough time at socializing with my friends. They go away and leave me in darkness and-"

I bring her head to my chest,

"It's okay y/n, it's alright! The past is in the past, you are now in the present, you have us, right?"

Tears are forming on her eyelids while some are staining my clothing wet, little droplets were flowing on her eyes and slowly running down her cheek.

"It's okay, let it all out! Even though you're crying, you're still beautiful."

Third person's POV

A few minutes later, Y/N has calmed down a bit. Tanjiro let her lay back down her bed again, then sat beside her.

"Hey Y/N-chan, maybe you can relax a bit, forget all the pain and sleep a bit for me."

"How??!" You can still hear your voice cracking from crying.

"Can I hum a lullaby for you, just a short one?"

Tanjiro wrapped his arm around your shoulders, and began to sing an emotional melody that made your heart fluttered,

*start music/soundtrack here (First half)*

Song/soundtrack name: One Summer's Day from Spirited Away (orchestra/ audio only)

Your limbs felt like you're floating on an endless blue sky, your eyes were slowly switching off and slowly closing the light you see until its fading into calm nighttime.

Tanjiro smiles as he wrapped your entire sleeping body in his arms while a small smile curved up on your flawless face...

—TIME SKIP UNTIL A FEW DAYS LATER—

Tanjiro was pretty exhausted after learning his Total Concentration Constant, his limbs are aching severely as if Y/N thinks that's how this training is supposed to be torturous, but effective.

Y/N walked and grabbed a rice ball (w/ plum ofc) and a cup of green tea from Kanao and Aoi after training, then gave it to Tanjiro for the hard work.

"H-hi Tanjiro! You look tired while you're training, I-I brought some refreshments and food to boost up your energy."

"Thank you, Y/N-chan. I have seen you've improved on your speaking recently, I'm impressed!"

"I-It's nothin', it's just practice makes perfect, right?"

You took a closer look at Tanjiro's face, he didn't realize there are black bruised circles under his eyes, some wrinkles were forming in some areas of his temples.

You grabbed his hands and Tanjiro blushed all of a sudden,

"Y-Y/N-chan, wait! Where are you going? Where are you taking me?"

"Stop trying to force yourself to train like that, get some rest!"

You arrived at his bed and called him to lay down,

"You don't have to force yourself on becoming stronger, you're pushing yourself too much!"

"Don't worry about me y/n, I'm just fine-"

Tanjiro can't finish his sentence until he heard you sing him the same lullaby he once sang to you when you're having a bad day...

*start music/soundtrack here (Second half)*

Tanjiro's eyes were closing evenly, his painful and lips were relaxed. He took one last peek before he falls asleep and saw y/n crying in joy, all the overwhelming pain and emotions were gone, she was freed...

Tanjiro sat up which startled Y/N, who was focusing on singing him to sleep, and wipe the droplets beneath your eyes, then ruffling your fluffy hair.

"You did well Y/N-chan, I'm happy to see you cared for us again."

"Tanjiro...."

He tilted his head curiously.

"Thank you for everything...."

WORD COUNT: 934 words

This is my first one-shot in Demon Slayer or Kimetsu no Yaiba, I hope you guys enjoyed and I'm so excited for the movie after season one has ended

This is my first one-shot in Demon Slayer or Kimetsu no Yaiba, I hope you guys enjoyed and I'm so excited for the movie after season one has ended. Can't wait to see it, have a nice day~