𝐭𝐰𝐨.

LOCATION : 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴, 𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

"i'm sorry sir, we couldn't find her." the zero member, soobin, bowed his head in apology, unable to face the superior eye to eye as he knew wooyoung was staring at him in disappointment. however, wooyoung, who was sat in an infirmary bed, simply waved away the member, thanking him for his hard work. soobin nodded, pursing his lips as he could feel a lingering sense of sadness inside the large infirmary room, bowing ninety degrees towards his three seniors and the king before finally exiting the infirmary, making sure the door is shut behind them. 

choi san, who was busy crushing arnica flowers he had found in the palace gardens with some turmeric he had swiped from the kitchens in a hurry after hearing the news about what had happened to his friend, walked over to wooyoung, instructing him to remove his shirt so he could apply the herbal remedies onto his cuts and bruises. 

silence enveloped the four as they quietly watched san treat the injured boy, their minds whirling with too many 'what if's as they wondered where there friend had disappeared to. "this was all my fault, i'm sorry." wooyoung mumbled, breaking the silence first as he busily played with a loose thread on the blankets thrown over his legs. it was definitely a rare sight to see jung wooyoung, leader of system zero, so small and feeble that sometimes they forget that he does still have feelings.

"don't be sorry, we're just glad you're safe." san's smile was enough to reassure wooyoung, but that didn't stop him from feeling completely defeated. a hand was placed on wooyoung's shoulder, causing the boy to jolt in surprise as he turned his head to find seonghwa stood behind him, sending him a reassuring look, despite how stoic and plain it looked, wooyoung was still grateful for it. 

"explain to us what happened wooyoung, from the beginning." wooyoung gulped at seonghwa's tone of voice, his gaze dropping back to the blanket as he felt his nerves getting to him. ever since they had began preparing for the coronation, seonghwa had changed, drastically. he wasn't the same park seonghwa who was like an older brother to them, who they could laugh around with and trust him with any secret that not a single soul could ever know. instead, the seonghwa before them was a seonghwa fit to be a king. similar to his father, seonghwa slowly began to feel the pressure and burden of his coronation, realising that he had to completely change to his father's original standards if he wanted to rule the kingdom of pallas properly.