𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

LOCATION : 𝘴𝘦𝘢, 𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘻 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱

"here." opal stared blankly at the glass of water hongjoong set before her, her hands lay limply in her lap and even her posture was straight, her body tense under the gaze of hongjoong's, knowing that she wasn't save. tearing her eyes away from the water that slowly swayed side to side thanks to the movement of the ship, she followed the boy's every move, watching as he walks around the coffee table in the middle of the room and takes a seat opposite her. silence envelopes the two, neither willing to talk first, afraid of the truth that was begging to come out. "wooju—"

"my name is opal." she cut him off, her eyes narrowing at the name. hongjoong's words got caught in his throat, unable to believe that the girl really wanted to be called the name that she wasn't born with, wondering if this was the same girl that he had grown up with. but she cried when i hugged her. he thought, remembering the pain that tugged at his heart when he heard her sobs, hating himself for putting her through so much. "i'd appreciate it if you never called me that again." she spoke up, catching his attention, his eyes widening at her request. opal felt a sense of guilt inside of her as she watched tears line the boy's eyes, but it disappeared as quick as it came as hongjoong quickly blinked back the tears, scolding himself for being so weak in front of his own sister. he had no right to cry, it was his own fault that wooju had become opal, a person completely different to his brave, little sister.

"how can i not call my own sister by her name?" opal's hands clenched into fists at his words. she couldn't believe the audacity he had to claim her as his sister, her glare strong as she hoped he'd back down in fear, but hongjoong sat straight, his eyes boring straight back into hers, almost making her want to cower away from the strong energy he radiated.

"sister?" she scoffed, voicing her thoughts as she shook her head in disbelief at the boy, leaning back into the sofa. "do all brothers abandon their siblings?" she questioned, crossing her arms as she glared at him. hongjoong was taken aback by her sudden accusation, his eyebrows knitting together as his brain slowly processed what she had just told him, wondering what she had meant by 'abandoning'. as if reading his mind, opal continued. "don't you remember?" she questioned, a sad smile gracing her lips as she stared at him in disbelief. "you abandoned me in the middle of the forest and left me to be eaten by a pack of wolves," she reminded, the memory crawling back to her as if it had only happened the other day. "and just when i had lost hope, the king saved me and took me back to the palace. i was so scared that i'd breathe my last breath resenting my own brother; the only family member i had left, the thought of that scared me, but at least now i know what i was worth to you." she hated the fact that her voice was giving away her true feelings as it began shaking, the lump in her throat growing as she tore her gaze away from hongjoong, knowing that if she looked at him any longer then she'd start crying. "i'm your sister, huh?" she scoffed, blinking back her tears. "what kind of brother just throws her her sister away to die?"