𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

LOCATION : 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴, 𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

[ 7 𝘋𝘈𝘠𝘚 𝘉𝘌𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘌 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘖𝘙𝘖𝘕𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕 ]

"tonight will be our chance." san reassured, noticing how tense yeosang looked. despite his calm demeanour that the zero members walking by could see, san knew yeosang, and he knew that as each day quietly continued on as if nothing had happened, it slowly ate the boy away inside. placing a hand on the boy's shoulder, yeosang gave a weak smile, his sunken cheeks barely able to lift themselves due to the lack of nutrition in his system. opal was like yeosang's lifeline, the longer she was away, the more yeosang would suffer. silence enveloped the two as they walked side by side down the winding corridor of the royal palace, their eyes following the busy zero members who were preparing decor for the coronation which was now only a week away. 

yeosang sighed, noticing the mess that the members were in. without opal, there was no one to organise the members to their work, she was the queen bee and without the queen, the workers have no idea how to function correctly. it was evident in the panic that was slowly creeping up inside the palace as the coronation drew nearer. "how can they act like nothing has happened?" yeosang mumbled to himself, but his words caught san's attention, the latter lifting his head as he glanced around him. they knew, they all knew that opal had been kidnapped and that no one knew what condition she was in or if she was even alive, but yet they continued on their lives as if nothing had happened because that was the king's orders. although he hadn't been crowned king yet, seonghwa was their only leader that they could follow, unless they wanted to face severe consequences.

as they were walking, the lights in the corridor suddenly all went out simultaneously, surprising everyone as a loud blare of a horn went off, a familiar sound that they hadn't heard since the king's passing. yeosang's eyes met san's, both wide in surprise as they feared for the worst. what could possibly have triggered the alarm so suddenly in the middle of the day. had someone infiltrated the royal palace? and if so, who? what if it had something to do with opal's kidnapping?

their questions were finally answered as the sound system came on, a long screech piercing the silence and causing everyone to block their ears, doubling over in pain as shouts of protests escaped their lips. "emergency!" wooyoung's voice was finally heard as the screeching came to a halt. the boy was completely out of breath, his pants resonating through the palace as his words came out rushed. "there's been an infiltration in opal's chambers, all zero members standby until further information is received, i repeat—" however, yeosang didn't waste another second, his feet moving before he had even registered what his body was doing. san's shouts of protest were blurred out, the boy's focus only remaining on one thing and one thing only.