𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

[ 𝘜𝘕𝘓𝘖𝘊𝘒𝘌𝘋 ; 𝘊𝘏𝘖𝘐 𝘑𝘖𝘕𝘎𝘏𝘖 ]

"jongho." the young boy turned to his father who sat at the head of the table. "miyeong has informed me that you told her you wouldn't marry her?" jongho gulped, setting his cutlery down as his gaze dropped to the plate in front of him.

"yes." jongho confidently confirmed, which in turn angered the elder as he slammed his fist against the table, glaring at the child sat before him. choi jongho, son of choi junyeon and the only love of wang miyeong, the soon-to-be queen. the choi family were nobles of a small city named sora, just on the outskirts of pallas. the small city was yet to be identified by the zero system, and had so far survived without their help.

"how many times do i have to tell you, you will marry her and you will take the throne!" his father screamed, glowing red in anger at his only son. his mistress sat next to him placed a hand on his arm in an attempt to calm him down.

"honey, calm down, you know your blood pressure can't get high." she plastered on a sickeningly sweet smile as jongho's father visibly calmed down. "give jongho time, he's still growing up and going through puberty, you know how kids go through these phases." she joked, trying to ease the tension in her favour. "remember, even you took your time finding your real love—"

"yah!" jongho glared at the lady, cutting her off as he pushed his chair back and stood tall.

"jongho—!"

"father," he began, fists clenched as he did his best to hold himself back. "no, actually now i don't consider you my family, my real father died with my mother." jongho chuckled. "from today, i'm no longer your son, i won't marry that witch and i sure as hell won't be living under your roof anymore!" jongho shouted, before storming off to his room, his heart racing with adrenaline and anxiety at the rash decision he had just made. however, despite how sudden it was, he had definitely been thinking about it for a while, that was for sure.