𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

LOCATION : 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴, 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺

[ 𝘜𝘕𝘓𝘖𝘊𝘒𝘌𝘋 ; 𝘊𝘏𝘖𝘐 𝘚𝘈𝘕 ]

"you lost a lot of blood you know." san commented, replacing her iv drip with a new one. it was no surprise that opal would have to be bedridden until the coronation, her bleeding had healed over, and san was able to stitch it up before her blood had gotten infected, but he'd have to keep an eye on her vitals until they were certain that she was okay to move.

"i know." opal mumbled, her head on its side as she stared out the window. she had wanted to be closer to the window, where she could keep an eye on the outside world whilst she was trapped on her bed. san glanced over at her, eyeing her warily as he replaced the bandages around her arm. he couldn't help but notice a change in opal, although the girl had never been one to be overly energetic and loud, but there was something missing in her. a spark that once shone the brightest had become dull and boring. 

"why didn't you come here straight away?" he questioned, not knowing the full situation that opal had been in. he was simply tidying up the infirmary when yeosang suddenly came bursting through the door with a half unconscious opal hanging from his shoulders. san didn't even have time to question yeosang on the situation as he hurried the girl to the bed so he could heal her wounds. when opal had been stitched up and had fallen asleep, he turned expecting yeosang to still be in the room, but was instead surprised to find that it was just him and opal in the infirmary.

when opal didn't answer, he stopped wrapping the bandage, looking up at the girl who's gaze was fixed on the window. he glanced over at it, wondering what had her so interested that she was ignoring his words. when he was met with nothing but the outside, he turned back to opal, opening his mouth about to say something when she suddenly spoke up.

"can i ask you a question?" she suddenly asked, taking san by surprise. nevertheless, he nodded for her to continue, finishing off the bandage around her arm."what was it like before i had come here?" she questioned. san furrowed his eyebrows, wondering why she was suddenly bringing something like that up. opal had never questioned the past, or ever asked them about how they had grown up — mainly because she didn't know her beginning wasn't with them, and so she had never thought of questioning it before.