Warriors and Wolves

Kalene had never been so thrilled to be back on a tour bus than she was then. She'd been sent home with an anti-biotic, muscle relaxer (as needed), and a pain killer (as needed). JR spent two minutes licking her face making her giggle. He and Satchmo both curled up next to her. JR at her side and Satchmo at her feet.

"We're so glad you're able to come back on tour, Kalene!" Rob exclaimed.

"Me too!" She smiled.

Tim sat at the kitchen table with his nose buried in his sketch book. Adam and Austin sat across from Kalene, who was stretched out on the left side couch, getting ready to play Mario Kart. The little she had done already had tired her out. Before long, the rocking of the bus had lulled her to sleep. Rob headed to his bunk to talk to his wife and kids. Dena sat across from her son reading a book while he sketched away. Chance was in his bunk talking to his girlfriend.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A year later and Tim was acting strange. It was beginning to bother Kalene. He was secretive. He would disappear for periods of time and not tell her where he was going. She wasn't the type to be so possessive and want to know where he was every second of the day but he usually let her know where he was going. It was making her paranoid he was getting ready to break up with her.

The thought made her incredibly depressed. She loved Tim and loved him deeply. She'd be devasted if he left her now. Rob was the first to notice their tour manager's depressed mood and wondered what was going on. None could fathom her and Tim having a fight. When Austin asked her if she was going to go out with everyone else but she politely declined.

Over the course of the next several weeks, if Tim wasn't doing band stuff, he was emailing or texting. It spurned Kalene's depression on even more. He had told Luke about the event he wanted to surprise Kalene with. His manager stated that he knew the rest of band and crew would love to go to making Tim smile back. The bass singer got his publisher up to speed on his guests and more information on where the showing was going to be.

"Hey man. We heard there's going to be some shindig happening. Black tie or semi-formal?" Austin inquired.

"Semi-formal." Tim laughed.

"What is this little shindig anyway?" Chance asked.

"You'll see." Tim laughed again as Kalene boarded the bus, "Hey baby!"

She didn't even acknowledge the bass man as she headed straight to her bunk with JR hot on her heels. Tim just stared after her as his forehead puckered. 'What the hell was that?'  he thought.

"Kalene Mercer." She stated as her phone rang.

"This is the manager for the Durango Theatre confirming Home Free for tomorrow night." A male voice stated.

"Yes, we'll be there. We should be arriving sometime between 9-10am." Kalene replied, "Have you received our rider yet?"

"Yes Ma'am. All provisions will be here including the catering as requested." He replied.

"We'll see you tomorrow then." She stated as she walked back up front and had a seat at the kitchen table.

"Sweetie? There's an event coming up that I want you to accompany me to." Tim looked over at her.

"Oh? What kind of event?" She raised her eyebrow.

"It's a surprise. Semi-formal." He grinned.

"Ok. I don't have any semi-formal dresses with me." She shrugged, "I'll have to go shopping."

"You do whatever you gotta do, sweetness!" Tim chuckled as he winked at her making her bite her lower lip and look away from him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*