CMA's Again

"Hey guys! How'd it go?" Austin asked as soon as the trio boarded the bus the following day.

"As we expected. The judge allowed testimony but he threw it out since she'd been legally adopted and was already eighteen." Tim grinned as Kalene was putting up their bags.

"Good. That was some nonsense." Adam shook his head.

"He tried to physically get her to go with him after we left the courtroom and it almost came to blows but some security guards showed up in the nick of time." Kalene added in.

"That little prick was about to get his ass kicked." Tim stated.

"Mmmhmm." Kalene said.

"Damn, can you believe Thanksgiving is coming up?" Rob rubbed his tummy for effect making everyone laugh.

"This year has really gone by fast!" Kalene shook her head with a laugh.

"Ooh! CMA time is coming!" Austin bounced in his seat.

"That's always fun." Kalene giggled.

"Maybe we'll get to perform again." Rob stated.

"I can guarantee you will. You've been invited to perform there and at the after party." Luke said as he boarded the bus.

"Are you serious?" Adam's eyes widened.

"As a heart attack. You're moving up in the world guys." Luke beamed at the group.

Luke told them about the schedule around the CMA's and what all they'd have to do. There would be interviews as they walked the red carpet. There would be a run-through with all the performing artists and presenters so everyone knew what to do, where to go, and when to be there. Not only were they performing but they were presenting an award as well. They were all floored all over again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Can you believe we're here again?" Kelsey giggled as her hair was being done.

"I can't believe the boys are not only presenting this year but actually getting to perform. Not just as a fill-in for someone else!" Ericha exclaimed.

"5:30pm please. Yes, 5154 Woodrow Lane. Thank you very much." Kalene stated before hanging up.

"It must be hard being tour manager." Kelsey smiled.

"Sometimes. Sometimes it's just annoying." She chuckled as the make-up artist got started on her.

"I wonder what they're gonna put us in this year?" Ericha wondered out loud.

"You're gonna be stunning, don't worry ladies." The hair stylist replied.

Things were going good. Good for Home Free. Good for Kalene. Good for Genesis. It was too bad Sami and Georgia couldn't have made it this year. Kalene couldn't wait to see what Tim looked like. She wondered what was going to happen at this year's CMA's. It was exciting. She envisioned her daughter's band up on stage accepting an award, giving their thanks to their families and friends. Genesis looking over at her and Tim with a wide grin.

"Ok Kelsey, here's your dress and shoes. You can go change in the hallway bathroom." The stylist stated.

"Thanks!" Kelsey replied as she took the garment bag and left the room.

Kalene sat there thinking about Tim accepting an award. What would he say? Thanking his mother and family? Would he call her out specifically? She'd love to sit in the audience and scream for him after his name was called.

"Oh, Kelsey! You look beautiful!" Ericha's voice broke through her thoughts.

She turned her attention to Rob's wife who was twirling in her dress.