Making friends

"Why are we meeting people so early?" Austin groaned

"Red, it's nine in the morning." Kalene stared at the tenor making Tim snicker.

"Besides, this is our last day in this part of the country. Let's enjoy our personal tour guided tour of the area." She stated.

"Well, I for one am excited to see where all they take us." Rob beamed.

"Of course you would." Austin rolled his eyes.

"What does that mean?" Rob's brows pursed together.

"That you're beginning to become like your dad, Rob." Tim chuckled, "Not that it's a bad thing. To each his own. You do you, buddy. We still love you."

"I'll be sure to have them take us to where that amazing fishing shop is supposed to be. Will that please you, Gingerbread man?" Kalene teased making everyone laugh.

"Oh, ha-ha! You know only Gen gets to call you that!" He retorted not knowing that their hosts had arrived.

"Not knowing what?" Lynne questioned startling everyone.

"Oh, Scarlett and Lynne! You scared us." Kalene chuckled, "We're all excited for today but before we get started, I have something for you both. (Kalene handed each woman the appropriate bag) Y'all have been super sweet to us and have gone out of your way to take us around and show us stuff. We put together a little gift basket for you. I hope you like it."

"Aww thank you!" Scarlett wheeled herself to where Kalene stood, "You didn't have to do this for us! We were happy just to get to hang out with you guys and help make your first trip to New Zealand special."

"And you certainly have. But we wanted to show our appreciation anyhow." Tim smiled at the two women.

"Oh my God, Scarlett! They signed a printed out photo of us at Hobbiton! How awesome is this?" Lynne exclaimed making Chance and Adam grin even wider.

"This is just...we've loved Home Free for such a long time and it took forever to finally get you guys here..." Scarlett trailed.

"It's ok, really." Kalene stated, "I think we've had enough of the emotional stuff for the day. How about you two show us some of what Wellington has to offer?"

Scarlett was happy for the distraction for once. Their bags were put into the van before they opted to head down to Cuba Street for a little shopping. Kalene was excited, especially since most of the shops had been closed when she and Tim had come two nights previously. Chance thought the Bucket Fountain was really cool and took a few photos. Rob, of course, had to take a selfie with it and got a little wet making the whole group laugh.

Tim got a little geeky when they found a huge second-hand bookstore. It made Scarlett and Lynne giggle to see what he picked out for their own selves. They talked about books and authors as they slowly made their way through the store. The duo discovered a few things about the bass man most normal fans didn't know. Chance was talking with a worker about one of the few comics the store had so Lynne made her way over and said there was a dedicated comic store further down the street.

Both Adam's got very excited over that making her giggle at the pair. Everyone was browsing but Tim and Kalene were the only two who bought anything. The group eventually left the bookstore and made their way down the street. Kalene would dart into a store that piqued her interest with Scarlett, the women chatting away and getting to know one another. Kalene was making friends with Scarlett which she felt odd about. She had never had many friends outside of high school besides the one whom her and Genesis stayed with when Gen didn't have gigs.