Night Out

Tim's knuckles were bruised and it was easy to tell he'd been in a fight. Each time he looked down at his hands, all he could see was himself punching that punk's face over and over. He took Kalene some clothes to change into before sitting on their bed. Genesis was in her room, after having a hot shower, and just sitting on her bed scrolling through photos on her phone when there came a knock at the door.

She got up to answer it once she looked through the peephole to make sure she knew who it was first. Seeing Adam standing there, she let out the breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. He gave her a warm smile as she opened the door.

"Hey there. Thought you'd like some company." He said as she shut the door.

"Uh, sure." She replied.

"You seemed pretty freaked out when y'all came back. I know you've had time to calm down some. Care to talk about what happened?" Adam asked.

"Everything happened so fast, ya know?" She furrowed her brows together, "I mean...we were sitting there one minute having lunch talking about mom's old stomping grounds and the next there's this guy yelling at us."

"Did she know him?" Adam questioned her.

"Yeah. It seemed so. She called him Ted. He had two guys with him. She didn't seem to know them, though." Genesis stared at her phone and the picture of her, her mom, Tim, and Dena at the water park by Six Flags.

"Tell me what happened." Adam stated.

"They exchanged words. Then he slapped mom. One of Ted's guys shoved mom so Ted could...so he could... (she began to tear up) ...so he could grab me. He tried to drag me out the door of the restaurant. I heard mom scream for Tim and shortly thereafter I was tugged backwards to our booth.

I saw Ted run over and try to choke my mom. Tim immediately ran over to pull him off her. She ran back over to me when one of Ted's guys were trying to drag me back out the door. Tim was... I could see him just ... he was... I've never seen him so angry before. Suddenly the cops were there." She explained.

"It's ok, Gen. You're safe and back at our hotel. You know your mom and Tim would never let anything happen to you if they're able." Adam gave her hand a squeeze.

"I know, Adam. But seeing her like that. He wasn't playing when he was trying to choke my mom. That guy hit her really hard when he slapped her. I think her nose bled. I'm pretty sure he split her lip." Genesis retorted.

"It's all over now, sweetie." Adam tried to reassure her.

"He...he said he was going to take what was his." She finally looked up into Adam's eyes, "What did he mean by that?"

"I don't know, Gen. But he doesn't want to start some shit with your mom or Tim. We'll all back them up no matter what happens. Anything else bothering you?" Adam asked.

"No. I guess not." She shrugged, "Just worried about mom. How she's doing after all this."

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Hey guys." Chance stated as he and Austin entered Kalene and Tim's room.

"Hey. What's up?" Tim asked as he rubbed small circles in the small of Kalene's back.

"We just wanted to see how you two were doing." Austin hopped up on the dresser giving Chance the lone seat in the room.

"Ok I guess." Tim responded.

"Was that guy from earlier the one that caused the problems today?" Chance asked earning a silent head nod from Tim.

"Hey guys! I was thinking we all go out together for dinner. I heard of this great joint that serves some pretty good bbq, has some pool tables, and Gen can get into. It might do everyone good to go and have a relaxing evening together." Luke stated.