4

Warning(s): swearing

3rd Person POV:

Logan sighed in relief once the tickling sensation ceased. He got out his book and started reading.

"The road soon climbed and crossed a little ridge and left the river behind. It wound through low hills. The moon had risen and Inman could see that the land lay open in great patches where the forest had been burned away to make place for fields." (Excerpt from Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, page 116)

Logan once again felt the tickle of a pen. But it wasn't under his sleeve or pant leg, it was on his hand.

Logan quickly glanced down, closing the book but keeping his left pointer finger on the page to keep his place.

Writing slowly appeared on the back of his right middle finger. Logan raised an eyebrow and waited for the phrase to be completed.

He gasped once it was fully written out and the tingling stopped. Logan shoved his hand in his pocket, what should he do? He would have to keep his hand hidden all day! If a teacher or administrator saw his hand he would be disciplined for foul language..

A glove! He thought. Logan stood up and walked swiftly over to a lab station. He opened a few drawers before finding them. He put a yellow, rubber safety glove on his right hand. Sure he looked like an even bigger weirdo now, but this was his only option.

He walked back over to his desk and sat back down. Class would be starting in a few minutes and, as usual, the teacher wasn't even here yet-and neither were any of Logan's classmates. They were all off doing who knows what..

As awkward as it was to be in the classroom alone, Logan liked this time before class began to read in peace and quiet. That is until the door inevitably bursts open and loud groups of students flood into the classroom..