Chapter 15

Lol okay let me start off by saying I love you all for 10k reads so this is your update. Even though I know I'm pretty close to 11k, this update is for the 10k. I love you all so much for reading, thank you again. Also, I'm drinking a cinnamon Dr. Pepper right now and my taste buds are all tingly and happy. Oh, and I'm listening to my favorite song. (Say You Like Me by We the Kings) Thanks, peace out Girl Scouts!

{Payton's POV}

Falling asleep that night was impossible due to the thousands of thoughts floating through my head. My cheeks were stained red from blushing, and a ridiculous smile was plastered onto my face. Why was I feeling like this?

Because you just kissed your boyfriend, the voice inside my head told me.

I immediately blushed again. The sight of his vibrant, blue eyes flashed in my mind and I couldn't help but giggle. I felt like a little girl idolizing over some celebrity. I fiddled around with my hospital bracelet and sighed. How could I not remember anything? I only knew what people told me. Well, I mean, for the most part. I knew who I was, and I knew who my mother was. I knew I grew up in Bradford, and I knew I had two smaller siblings. The details of anything else was all a blur.

***

{Niall's POV}

Have you ever done something so stupid that you weren't quite sure how you were going to deal with it? I wrapped my arms around my knees and pulled them into my chest, thinking about what I had done last night. How stupid did I really have to be to do that? Payton belongs to Zayn.

Then again, he did tell me that he was dating Perrie, didn't he? So what if Payton and I could have something? The moment I laid eyes on her, I knew how I felt. I had never had that feeling before. The feeling where everything around you seems to stop in time and all you can see is that one person that is sitting in front of your face. My ears turned a deep shade of crimson when I was around her, and my stomach did flips the size of ocean waves. I couldn't sit still long enough to regret anything, because I knew she was worth anything.

"Niall?"  My thought broke at the sound of Harry's voice from the driver's seat.

"Yeah?"  I watched the tears go by as we drove faster and faster down the highway.

"Are you okay?  You're kind of out of it right now."  The curly-headed boy flashed a quick glance at me before continuing to watch the road. 

"Yeah, I'm fine.  Can I talk to you about something, though?"  I knew that I shouldn't tell Harry about what I did, but I had to tell someone - especially before Payton did.

"Yeah, sure, what's up?"  Harry had pulled into the parking lot to a Starbucks, before unbuckling my seatbelt I turned off the radio and locked the door.

"It has to be here, before we're surrounded by people listening to us."  Harry raised an eyebrow at me but didn't object. 

"Okay.. You're acting strange."  The last part he tried to mumble under his breath but I heard him anyways.  I rolled my eyes but continued to talk.

"Last night after dinner, remember how I said I was going to stop by the store real quick?" Harry pondered for a moment before shaking his head, signaling that he remembered.

"Well, I lied.  I went to the hospital to see Payton."  With that, Harry seemed genuinely confused.

"Payton?  Why?  You barely know her."  Harry had a way of getting defensive over little things quickly, so I had to be cautious with how I worded what I was about to say.

"I know, but here's the thing.  Ever since I first laid eyes on her, I knew she was special.  There's something about her, I don't even know.  Obviously, I'm attracted to her, but there's something else there.  It's like there's a force or something.  Stop laughing, I'm being serious."  I sighed as Harry continued chuckling at my confession.

"So you like Payton?  Okay, well I'm not really the one you have to talk to about this."  I knew he meant I should talk to Zayn, but honestly, that sounded like a terrible idea.

"Well, there's more."  The look of confusion resurfaced to Harry's face.  He pushed his curls out of his face and sighed.

"What did you do?"  He said it as more of a command rather than a question.  I glanced up at the ceiling of the Range Rover and I let out a deep breath I hadn't realized I was holding in.

"I might have led her to believe that I was her boyfriend..."  I trailed off, leaving the part about our kiss out of the story for now.  

Harry's face turned beat red in an instant, and I knew I had upsetted him.  

"Harry, listen to me!  I know that I shouldn't have, but I did.  It's done and over with now, okay?  I'm sorry."  Harry looked as though he was holding back a mouthful of words.

"No. No, Niall.  It's not okay.  She doesn't remember anything!  She's lying there in that dull hospital room, with everything around her completely foreign.  When we tell her things, she expects them to be the truth.  You took complete advantage of her - and for that, we're no longer speaking."

With those last few words, Harry threw the keys in my direction and left for Starbucks.  I was stuck.  Not just emotionally, but physically - I couldn't drive.  I shook my head and took out my cell phone, hoping that Paul could come pick me up.  Afterall, my best friend just shunned me out of his life.

***

{Zayn's POV}

I stared emotionless at my cracked iPhone.  I had just got off of the phone with Harry, and he told me what Niall had done.  My first instinct, no matter how stupid, was to throw my phone at my bedroom wall.  My fingers shook with anger and my cheeks had tear stains streaking down the sides. 

Eventually, my fingers travelled to my ruggid hair and ran through the tangles.  I picked up my phone and attempted to turn it on.  To my surprise, it turned on with the press of a button.  The screen looked as though a spider had woven it's web on the front of it, but it still worked. 

I opened a new text message and typed in the familiar name of my girlfriend.

To: Babyy Perrie :) x

Come over ? ;)

It took her a few moments to respond.

From: Babyy Perrie :) x

On my way baby. xx

I smiled in relief.  It took several moments before I heard a knock on the door.  I threw my white v-neck in the hamper, and I walked half naked to the front door of my Mum's home.  When I opened the door I was greeted with a pair of stunning, and sparkly eyes that I knew belonged to my girlfriend. 

"Hey."  She said sweetly before giving me a quick peck on the lips.  Her bright red lipstick stained my mouth but I didn't care.  I kissed her back, this time passionately.  We walked together to my bedroom.

"I missed you..." Perrie whispered in between kisses.  I wrapped my arms around her waist and we fell, linked together, on to my bed.

I may have been with Perrie that night, but the whole time all I could think of was Payton, lying there in her hospital bed, thinking about my best friend. 

**********

Bahhhh okay hello my beautiful readers. :) I've missed you all and I hope you love this chapter, even if it is pretty uneventful. :( I have to admit, I'm having a lot of writer's block with this story.  So, with that, I am asking for all of you to please leave a comment with something you would like to see happen in the story.  Please take this seriously and help me out, because I really don't know where to take this story.  I need your help otherwise it will end sooner. :( So please please please help me! And thank you all for getting me to 11,000 reads!! I know in the beginning of the chapter I said thank you for the 10K,  but I just finished and I have reached 11K.  So thank you.  Please comment your heart out, and vote please!! It would mean so much to me. Comment comment comment both your thoughts, and your ideas for what you would like to see happen.

Okay, goodbye. Team Nayton or Team Zayton? ;)

Also, check out my new story 'Begin Again'! I just started it, and I would love to hear you feedback on that aswell. xo