Chapter 16

I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' 22...

Okay enough of that. If you don't know what the hell I was typing, it's a new song by Taylor Swift called 22. You should look it up. To YouTube it now. Well not now, but after you read this chapter. ;) okay.

{Zayn's POV}

I tossed and turned uneasily in my sheets until I bumped into a slump of blankets next to me. Blonde hairs peaked out from under the white fabric reminding me I had a guest. A guest? She wasn't just a guest. She's Perrie.

"Good morning handsome." I heard a whisper next to me. I smiled back at her before giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Hey, would you mind if I went up to the hospital today?" Perrie let out a light chuckle before sighing.

"Of course not, don't be silly. She's your friend. Just call me when you're done." She kissed my forehead before heading off to shower.

I got up and threw on a pair of black skinny jeans. My grey and white striped v-neck accented the light stitching of the jeans. Finishing off my outfit, and slipped on a pair of white high tops. As soon as they were on my feet I immediately felt anger travel through my veins.

The shoes were Niall's. I assumed he had gotten all of his stuff out last night since his bedroom consisted of nothing but a note apologizing for his actions. I didn't even care where he went.

I took a sip of a water bottle on the counter and grabbed my keys for the Range Rover. Hopefully Payton and I would be left alone for a while.

After finding out about Niall's lie, I was now nervous that I would show up and Niall would be there, or Payton would talk about him. That would cause my heart to break.

I pulled into the charcoal colored parking lot of the hospital and found myself a parking spot somewhat close to the entrance.

When I walked in, the lady at the front desk immediately recognized me and led me to Payton's new room. Apparently she had been moved out of ICU early this morning. When a patient loses their memory, doesn't that require intensive care? I balled my fists up and took deep breaths before I broke.

Room 326: Payton Marie Eleanor Grimshaw

I smiled at her full name. She had always been so afraid to tell people. She was embarrassed to have two middle names. I remember more than one occasion where she got into an argument with her Mum about it.

A dinging noise in my pocket stopped me from walking into the room. My cracked iPhone chirped with a reminder of an interview this afternoon. All it really meant to me was I had to see Niall's face later.

I swallowed the saliva that was built up in my mouth and took a step into the ice cold hospital room. Shivering, I noticed Payton lying alone with more than one blanket wrapped around her.

I rushed over to the chair next to her and gave her my jacket. She hesitated but too it anyway because she was so cold.

"Why is it so cold in here?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"The nurse just told me the heat's out in this wing for the time being." Payton brushed her hair out of her eyes and looked out the window.

"Why did they take you out of ICU?" At this question, Payton finally looked me in the eyes. I could see red circles around her eye lids and streaks running down her face.

"Because I remember you idiot."

***

{Niall's POV}

I pulled my good over my head and slipped on a pair of black Raybans. The water was pouring down my face as I entered the revolving doors of the hotel. A short red headed lady sat at the front desk and I made my way over to her.

"Hello. Room for Niall Horan?" The lady blinked twice before looking down at her computer screen.

"Uh, yes, yes! Mr. Horan, here you go. Room 623. Enjoy your stay." She smiled sweetly and I read that her name was Paige.

"Thank you, Paige." She blushed and I walked over to the elevator.

I pressed the button for the 6th floor and allowed myself to relax a little. The whole past 48 hours had been horrible.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my Blackberry chirping.

Reminder: Interview at 5!

I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket. I scrunched my eyebrows before pulling it back out. From the corner of my eye I noticed I had a new text message.

From: Unknown

I don't know who you think you are, but you better explain.

....But you're a good kisser. ;)

-Payton

To: Payton

What do you mean? And you're not to bad urself ;)

From: Payton

Niall, my memory came back. I'm not mad, I just want explanations.

To: Payton

O. Ok I'll come by?

From: Payton

Not a good idea right now. Zayn's here. I don't want him here, but he is.

To: Payton

Want me to come? I'll make him leave.

From: Payton

Sure. Don't be mean though!

I chuckled before heading back down the elevator.

The whole ride there one question sat at the back of my mind:

Was Payton my girlfriend or not?

*******

Okay! I'm sorry it's so short but this your chapter guys. I love you all for reading and commenting and what not. I would absolutely love it if you checked out my other stories too and tell me what you think by commenting! Please please please?! Oh and comment on this story and tell me what you like or don't like about the story. Let me know what you would like to happen. I need ideas people!!!! Maybe you're idea will make it into the story. Comment comment and comment please! Love you all so much.

Team Zayton or Team Nayton? ! ;)