Part 63

Steven and (Y/n) sat on the couch as they look down at their friends' gems and the mysterious gem in front of them. Suddenly, Greg came bursting out the down.
"Steven! (Y/n)! I came as fast as I could! Are you guys okay?" Greg asked. He looks down and saw the gems. "Holy s-s-she really got everybody! Is that her?"
"Yeah, it's her." (Y/n) replies.
"Who-" Steven interrupts Greg. 
"No idea." Steven said.
"Why?!" 
"No idea."
"How?"
"She hit all of us with this." (Y/n) takes out the Rejuvenator from her pocket and actives it for Greg. He flinched and (Y/n) puts it away. "I've seen this before, but I can't put my finger in it."
"It did something extra weird to us, and now, our powers aren't working right. Look." Steven tried to summon his shield but it disappears a moment later.
(Y/n) tried to summon her katana, but just like Steven, nothing  Afterward, Steven shows Greg his gemstone, still displaying the same strange gleam. "There's something wrong with us, Dad. I just have no idea what's going on."
"Well, son and niece, now you know how I feel almost all the time. But you both know what else? Any moment now, the Gems are gonna do that thing where they glow and float in the air and reappear better than ever." Greg grabs Pearl's gem, which begins to glow and float in midair. "See? Here she comes. Good old Pearl."
Instead of Pearl reforming, a holographic shell materializes around Pearl's gem.
"Huh. Well, that's new." Greg commented. "Please identify yourself." Pearl's voice was heard. "Um, Greg Universe?" Greg answered confusedly. "Greetings, Um Greg Universe. Please state preferred customization options." Pearl's voice said. "Uh... What am I supposed to say here?" Greg leans over to Steven and (Y/n).
"I-I don't know." Steven stuttered. "I think I know what's gonna next." (Y/n) told them.
"Default setting selected. Please stand by." The shell descends to the house floor, opening and revealing Pearl, but in her original attire. Greg looked confused, while Steven looked excited to see her. As for (Y/n) she has a looks of fear of knowing what's happened to her friend.
"Pearl! Pearl, thank goodness you're back! Huh? Pearl?" Steven approaches her.
Pearl ignores Steven and walks over to Greg. She then sings to him.

How do you do
My "Um-Greg Universe?"
Thank you for bringing me into the world
I am atyoureternal service
Welcome toyour new Pearl

Pearl smiled at Greg.
"Wha-a-at's going on?" Steven, (Y/n), and Greg said simultaneously. "Could her gem be cracked?" Greg questioned. (Y/n) walks over to Pearl and inspects her gem. "It looks fine to me"
Suddenly Ruby's gem begins to glow and then she reformed into her original form as Sapphire's guard. Steven walks over to her. "Ruby! Are you okay?"
"Ah! Who are you? You're not my assignment!" Ruby exclaims.
"I could really use an explanation here." Greg scratches his head. "Allow me to illuminate!" Pearl appears behind him.

A Ruby guard
But just a single one
They tend to come in teams of three or more
A precious Sapphire
She sees the future
That's who the Ruby's for

Sapphire reforms into her original form as Pearl sings about their roles.
"My Sapphire! As my sworn duty and sole purpose, I will protect you with my life!" Ruby salutes. "I know you will, that's why I predict you won't last more than a day." Sapphire predicts.
"Huh?"
"Come now." Sapphire steps off the table and ushers ruby away.
Next. Amethyst reforms into her old from when she first bursted out of the kindergarten. (Y/n) looks over at her. "Amethyst! Hey, Amethyst?"
"Hey, Amethyst?" Amethyst copies her. "What? No, you're Amethyst!" (Y/n) told. "What? No, you're Amethyst!" Amethyst continues to mimic her.

You must be right
This is an Amethyst
Except an Amethyst is big and strong
This one is not the best example
Something is clearly wrong

Pearl continues to sings about Amethyst.
"I do say, something is clearly wrong. What are all these different Gems doing in this strange place?" Pearl asked no one. I'm the background Amethyst imitates Pearl now.
"Pearl, don't you recognize them? Don't you recognize us?" Steven asked as he pointed at himself and (Y/n). "Hmm, well, I certainly recognize my "Um-Greg Universe!"" Pearl said. "Ohh, boy." Greg groans in discomfort. "As for you two, hmm" Pearl looks over at Steven and (Y/n).
The final Gem begins to regenerate as it floats into the air with its pink glow engulfs the room.
"Get back!" Steven and (Y/n) try to summon their weapons, but it was still no use.
The gem rotates upright into a proper heart shape, as the gem laughs playfully. She extended her arms around Steven and (Y/n). She launches herself which cause them both to collapse to the floor. "Yippee! I'm so excited to meet you two!"
"You're not mad at us?" (Y/n) was confused as her cousin gave the gem a confused look. "Mad? Why would I be mad at my best friends?" The gen giggles.

This will be fun
Aren't you both the lucky one?
Her cut is perfect and she's pink, as well
She'll bring you endless entertainment
Your new, best friend, Spinel

Pearl finally culminates her performance by introducing Spinel and her role.
"YOU!!!" Steven points at her angrily. "What have you done to us?!" Steven shakes her. Spinel giggles and boops Steven's nose. "Now, it's your turn!" Spinel wraps her arms around Steven and starts to shake him rapidly in midair while laughing.
"Hey! Put him down!" (Y/n) demands. Spinel stops and looks at (Y/n) confusedly. "Please?" (Y/n) asked sweetly.
With a silly face, Spinel lets go of Steven, who falls face-first onto the floor and (Y/n) rushes to his side. Spinel then points at Greg and the other Gems with curiosity. "Hey, look! There's more Gems! Let's ask 'em to play."
"W-Wait a minute. You don't remember?" Steven asked. "Remember what?" Spinel answered with a question.
Everyone was outside staring at Spinel and her friend's injector as it continues to work it's way down to the ground.
"Wowee! That thing sure is big! You wanna climb it or somethin'?" Spinel asked cheerfully. "Wait, wait. Are you serious right now? What about that stuff you said about how (Y/n) and I won't stand a chance against your and your friend's injector?" Steven questioned her. Spinel scratches her head with her finger as she stretches her arm into a loop. "I said what now?"
"Steven I really don't think she remembers anything." (Y/n) said with a worried tone.
Suddenly, Lion and Wolf approaches the group
"How 'bout you, Lion? Can you make any sense of this?" Steven asked his animal companion. Lion simply growls in response while displaying a less-than-amused face. "What about you, Wolf?" (Y/n) looked at her. Wolf just simply rubbles her head against her half-diamond companion's stomach. "Yeah, I didn't think so." (Y/n) scratches Wolf's head. Steven sighs."Aw, you're no help, either. At least, I can store this thing in your mane." Steven grabs the Rejuvenator from (Y/n) and tries to shove it into Lion's mane, but sadly he couldn't do that either. "I can't store things in Lion's mane now? That's like the easiest thing I do!" Steven grabs the Rejuvenator from the sand and looks up at the injector.
"What are we going to do, Steven? We don't have anyone to help us except..." (Y/n) views at Little Homeworld in the distance. "Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot." Steven pats her shoulder. "You're a genius, (Y/n)! Come on, guys. Let's go figure out how to fix this."
Steven and (Y/n) started to run, followed by a laughing Spinel, but stopped when the others were t following them. "G-Guys?"
"My Um Greg, allow me." Pearl summons an umbrella from her gem and uses it to shield Greg from the sun. As for Amethyst, she shapeshifts into Greg, leaving a confused Pearl to constantly switch between holding the umbrella over both.
"Ruby? Sapphire? Are you two coming along?" (Y/n) asked. "She's not going anywhere with you." Ruby stands in front of Sapphire. "I do see us following him to the countryside." Sapphire walks over to them. "Never mind! We're going." Ruby follows.
"Wait. Don't leave me alone with these two!" Greg cries out. Pearl looks over at Amethyst as she shapeshifted into Pearl.
"Just keep an eye on them for now. We'll be back." Steven instructed.
All of them heads off to Little Homeworld.