Part 67

Everyone was running back to Beach City as all of the citizens were staring up at the injector. Mayor Nanefua turns to Steven. "Steven, what is going on here?"
"I'm not sure. But I'll find out. Lets open up the shelters. We might need to evacuate." Steven explains.
Steven, (Y/n), Amethyst, and Spinel run up the hill, where the plant life is slowly dying and it spreads.
"Lapis, Bismuth, Peridot!" Steven calls out. "What's the damage?" Amethyst asked.
"Amethyst, get away from me. I can't stand to see you all vacant and bereft of personality." Peridot turns away.
"Yo, I'm back, you dip."
"Oh! Well, you're just in time for the end of the world! This is no ordinary injector. Whatever it's leaking into the ground is toxic." Bismuth comes over with a soil sample and gives it to Peridot. "Let's get a scan going and see what we're dealing with." Peridot places the sample into a microwave, as paper comes out with the results. "Just as I thought. Bio-poison. Pure and uncut. As of this moment, the ampoule has drained 15.4% of its contents, meaning the poison is releasing at a destruction rate of 5 cubic meters per hour, giving us, hmm... 41 hours until the destruction of all organic life on Earth."
"All organic life?" (Y/n) gasped. "Yeah, like all the animals, the plants, the insects. You know... People." Peridot explains. "Oh, no. This is what Spinel meant. "Your human halves won't stand a chance against my Injector." She -- She brought this thing here to kill me and (Y/n), and now -- now it's gonna kill everything else on Earth, too? I've gotta do something!" Steven shouts as he runs towards the injector. "I'm right behind you, Steven!" (Y/n) follows. 
No, Steven, (Y/n), wait!" Bismuth calls out. "Steven! (Y/n)! Stop!" Peridot demands.
"We need to use are super strength!" (Y/n) screams as she and Steven attempts to lift up the injector.
"Steven! (Y/n)!" Bismuth yells. "Careful!" Amethyst warns. "What are those clods thinking?" Peridot asked no one. "Yeah! Lift with your legs!" Spinel cheered.
Steven and (Y/n) begin to struggle with lifting, but they dropped the injector which caused them to collapse. Some of the poison splashes onto Steven's jacket while some splashed on (Y/n)'s shoulder. They groan in pain as they noticed the injuries from the poison.
The ground splits open, but they were saved by Spinel before they could fall in the poison river beneath them. Spinel whistles cheerfully as she uses her arm as a fishing rod. "Well, look what I reeled in."
"Steven! (Y/n)!" Peridot runs over to them with the others following them. "Are you guys okay?" Amethyst asked.
"My organic jacket." Steven looks at his gem. I can't do anything with my powers like this."
(Y/n) looks at her shoulder as the strap of her shirt was burned off exposing her full shoulder. "My organic shirt was burn threw too." (Y/n) began to have another coughing fit, but she quickly stops herself. "Bismuth, Lapis, can't you lift that thing Peridot, what about your metal powers?"
"You think we didn't try that?" Lapis answered. Peridot holds up her tablet. "Disturbing the injector accelerates the poison's rate of release. Also, it might explode. We have to find a way to move it without touching it before it's too late."
"Spinel -- She activated it, so she must be able to deactivate it. But, she doesn't even remember what it is." Steven explains as he turns to Spinel doing goofily wave. "Let alone how to control it."
"Then you gotta change her back." Bismuth suggested. "I don't think that's a good idea. She cute and harmless now, but if we bring her back to her current state she'll just try to kill us." (Y/n) explains. "You guys are going to die anyway if you don't get her to deactivate that thing." Peridot told them.
"She's right, guys. You both got me back. Whatever you did for me, just do it for her." Amethyst said.
"That's different. We know you. We don't know anything about Spinel. None of us had even heard of her before." Steven explains. (Y/n) puts a finger on her chin. "All except... Pearl. Pearl knew her!"
Steven, (Y/n), Spinel, and Amethyst went to find Pearl at Greg's storage unit.
"I'm afraid I can't help. I'm currently in the service of my Um Greg Universe preparing for tonight's concert showcasing a promising ensemble in the "rockinroll" genre." Pearl explains with a smile. Amethyst snickers at her.
"I still can't believe Pearl used to be like this." (Y/n) stated. Greg comes out talking over his phone. "You're evacuating people to the warehouse? I'll -- I'll cancel the rock show. No? You're right. Sadie Killer always draws a crowd. You got it, Mayor. I'll drop the cover charge and, heck, 30% off merch." He hangs up the phone. "Dad." Steven called.
"Steven, (Y/n), you guys found Amethyst!" Greg exclaims.
Amethyst moves in robotic motion. "Who is Amethyst?"
"Oh, no. She's even worse."
"Nah, I'm just goofin'."
"Too soon, Amethyst."
A crashing sound is heard in the storage unit and everyone turns to see Garnet on the floor with Spinel standing next to her.  "Garnet, are you okay?" Greg asked worriedly. "Did you want the red cable or the blue cable?" Garnet holds the cables. "It doesn't matter! They're the same!" Greg sees Pearl storing a guitar into her gem. "Pearl, what are you doing? We need those for the show!"
"Who cares about the rock show? We have to stop Spinel's injector, or everyone on Earth is going to die! To stop it, we need Spinel back, and to do that, we need Pearl back, and to do that, we need her missing pieces. Pearl and Mom rebelled together, so she's gotta rebel with you. We've gotta stage some big, dramatic event -- something to jog her memory, like -- like --" Steven explains, but he loses his thoughts. Amethyst jumps in. "Like a rock show!"
"Like a rock show!" Steven explains. "Like a rock show!" (Y/n) agrees. "Like a rock show?" Greg questions.
"Yes!" Steven, (Y/n), and Amethyst agreed in union.

Everyone was getting ready for Sadie's show. (Y/n) helps Sour Cream set up his equipment. Sour Cream turns to (Y/n) and saw the injury on her shoulder. "(Y/n) are you ok?" He places his hand on her shoulder. (Y/n) places her hand on top of his. "I'm fine, it's just a scratch.
"Yeah, but-" Sour Cream was cut off as (Y/n) pecks his lips. "Don't worry. I'm fine. Honestly. Now go out there and do your best." (Y/n) instructed. Sour Cream smiles at her and gives her one more kiss before she joins the others off the stage.
"Who's here for the show?!" Sadie shouts. The crowd cheers and applause. "Who's here 'cause it's the end of the world?!" They cheered again.
"Wait, what?"
"This first song's a special request from Steven Universe and (Y/n) Diamond!" Sadie shouts again as everyone cheers. Garnet and Spinel begin dancing gleefully.
Steven whispers to his dad. "This has gotta bring Pearl's memories back. It's all about quitting a crummy service job."
(Y/n) crosses her fingers. "My fingers are crossed for luck."

Sadie: Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Thank you for gracing me
With your presence!
Good afternoon, Sir
What canIdo, Sir?
Just saythe word, Sir
Anything for you, Sir
Yourfriends all say, Sir
You don't deserve her
I disagree, Sir
I live to serve, Sir

As Sadie sings, Greg is seen trying to get Pearl to remember who she was and have a good time. All Pearl is doing is looking and smiling at Pearl. Which caused him to sign in defeat.

Amethyst and Sadie: I think about
All the wasted time I've spent
I wanna be disobedient
I shoot awake
Wondering where my summers went
I wanna be disobedient
Disobedient, disobedient

Sadie walks over to Amethyst as they sing together while Amethyst is playing the drums.

Sadie: I've been good, Sir
So very, very good for what?
And I've given you
Every single thing I've got
It's feeling strange, man
This whole arrangement
Is gonna end with
Me totally deranged

Everyone is seen having a good time dancing and cheering to the song.

Amethyst and Sadie: When I think about
All the wasted time I've spent
I wanna be disobedient
I shoot awake
Wondering where my summers went
I wanna be disobedient
Disobedient, disobedient

Nothing seems to be working to bring Pearl back to her old self. Steven and (Y/n) have a worried expression on their face as Amethyst motions them to come over.
"One sec." Steven said he and (Y/n) slides over to Amethyst. "I-It's not enough."
"Maybe, we need to hit her where it hurts." Amethyst suggested. "What?" Steven and (Y/n) questioned simultaneously. "You know, her original boss? The love of her life? The reason she rebelled in the first place." Amethyst explains.
"Mom. She's gotta remember Mom. But --" Steven pauses. "Wouldn't that be too harsh." (Y/n) raised an eye. They both turn to Greg. He shrugs his shoulders. "If that's what it takes..."

Amethyst: I want to be disobedient
I want to be disobedient
Disobedient, disobedient, disobedient

Steven and (Y/n) give Amethyst a nod and she takes the microphone, shapeshifting into Rose to the audience's surprise. She sings the last lines of the song, jumping off the stage, holding her hand out to turn Pearl's face to her, but her eyes still move over to Greg.
"How could that not work? What are we missing?" Steven questioned. "I don't understand. I thought we did everything right." (Y/n) frowns.
Greg begins to clap, but stops, uncomfortable.
"Don't worry! I can clap for you!" Pearl claps quickly. Greg suddenly shouts. "What will make you stop serving me?"
"As long as you exist, I will serve you." Pearl explains.
Amethyst shapeshifts back to her regular form and walks over to Steven and (Y/n).
"As long as you exist." The three said at the same time.
"That's the final piece. Mom disappeared." Steven explains. "Now that's got to work!" (Y/n) smiles widely.