Part 89

Back in time when (Y/n) was still a little girl.

Night was upon everyone at the Human zoo. The adults were taking their child back to bed. The children obeyed their parents, all except for one little girl. (Y/n) was too busy making flower crowns for her parents. As she was distracted by her little project, she didn't noticed that her parents were watching her. A beautiful woman with (h/c) hair in a pixie cut and blue eyes. A tall, muscular man with black hair that reached below his ears and (e/c) eyes. They both smiled at their daughter.
"Its seems like your daughter isn't tired yet." The voice from the ears told A-9 and B-3. A soft giggle escaped from B-3's lips as she watched her daughter. "I'll go get her."
"Aren't you sleepy, small one?" The voice asked (Y/n). The small (Y/n) shook her head. "Not until I'm done making Mommy and Daddy's present." Finally, she had finished making the flower crowns for her parents. (Y/n) turned and smiles at her mother as she crouches near her.
"Mommy, I made these for you and Daddy." (Y/n) held her presents to her mother. B-3 smiles. "Thank you, (Y/n)." She puts the flower crown on her head and puts a small flower into (Y/n)'s (h/c) hair. A-9 crouches next to his daughter as she places his flower crown on his head. "Thank you, my young one." He ruffles (Y/n)'s hair as she giggles.
"Now, (Y/n), its time for bed." B-3 said. "Aww, but I don't want to sleep yet. I want to hear the stories again." (Y/n) whines.
B-3 and A-9 would tell her stories about her ancestors. They stories about a strange new place, but it wasn't really bad. It was filled with wonder, excitement, and beauty. (Y/n) wanted to see these new places for herself.
"I need to hear more so I can go outside the zoo and see if the stories are still true." (Y/n) explains. A-9 chuckles. "The stories are true, (Y/n). But things might have changed over the years. Remember the stories are very old."
"But will I get to see more outside home?" (Y/n) asked eagerly. B-3 smiled softly. "I know you will." (Y/n) had a big smile on her face. B-3 and A-9 held one of (Y/n)'s hand as they walking back to the rest of the humans to rest for the night.
"Mommy, can you sing that song, please?" (Y/n) asked nicely. B-3 looks at her husband as he chuckles a bit. "I don't see why not." B-3 agrees as she begins to sing.

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river all is found

(Y/n) lets go of her parents hands as she happily skips backwards in front of them. B-3 remembers the first time she sang the song to (Y/n). It was a song passed down from parent to child for many generations.

In her waters, deep and true
Lay the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned

B-3 continues to sing her song as they were close to the resting grounds. (Y/n) wasn't paying attention to where she was walking. She was about to fall into the small lake, but A-9 caught her in time as he and B-3 tickled her a bit.

Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song, all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?

B-3 takes (Y/n) in her arms. The family made it to the resting grounds. The rest of the humans were getting ready for the night's rest. Families were huddles close to each other or some were leaning against a tree and leans into each other.

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found

(Y/n) and her parents were looking at the stars in the sky as they made it towards their favorite tree. It was cover in beautiful, (f/c) flowers and big enough to climb to rest for the night. The three of them rest on the strongest branch. B-3 finished her song. She and A-9 kissed their daughter goodnight as (Y/n) drifts off to sleep. The last thing on her mind was exploring the unknown.

(Y/n)....

(Y/n)!

(Y/N)!!!!!!

(Y/n) opened her eyes and gasped as she stood up from her sleeping bag. In front of her was Steven, Xipilli, and Starla. They stared at her with a worried expression upon their face. Not only that, but all of them were glowing in different colors again.
"Are you okay, (Y/n)?" Xipilli asked. "We woke up from you glowing blue and we got worried and we glowed too." Steven told. (Y/n) nods. "Yeah, I'm fine. I-I was just dreaming." (Y/n) said.
"What were you dreaming about?" Starla asked. "My.......My parents." (Y/n) spoke.
Everyone got closer to (Y/n). She began to explain wha happened in her dream. The more she explains, the more she realized how much she missed terribly. Xipilli could relate to her. He explained how he lost his parents in a war that was going back in his Aztec times. Starla explains that she never got to meet her parents, but they were good people because the people back at the orphanage told Starla that they were really loved her since they day she was born, but an accident happened a few months after she was born. Steven might be a bit angry with his mom for what she's done, but he can't help but feel jealous because he never got to experience what it's like to grow up with a mother.
Starla crawls closer to (Y/n). "Can you sing the song you're parents sang to you?" She asked. "Sure." (Y/n) smiled. She places Starla in her lap and sings.

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river all is found

(Y/n) begins to rock back and forward as she held Starla close to her. Steven and Xipilli sat closer and smiled to the song (Y/n) was singing.

In her waters, deep and true
Lay the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned

(Y/n) stopped rocking. She smiled back at Steven and Xipilli. Starla stared at (Y/n) with her bright, innocent eyes. (Y/n) grins at the youngest cousin and boops her nose. Starla lets out a small giggle.

Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song, all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?

As (Y/n) continues to sing, suddenly their gems began to glow and holograms appeared in forms of adults. First, (Y/n)'s hologram was her and parents as they slept peacefully in their tree. Second, Steven's hologram was Greg and Rose together as she was pregnant with Steven. Third, Xipilli's hologram was with his parents. His father was a spitting image of Xipilli and he wore an Aztec warrior's uniform. His mother was beautiful with long, black hair and brown eyes. She wore a long white dress with a golden necklace wrapped around her neck. Finally, Starla's hologram showed Starla as a baby with her parents. She was in her mother's arms and her father stood behind as he gazed at his baby daughter. Her mother had dark skin and had vitiligo like Starla. She was wearing a red shirt with a black skirt. Her father had light skin, light brown hair and the same brown eyes as Starla. He was also wearing a semi form green outfit.  Everyone stares in awe at the images of their parents.

Where the north wind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found

Once (Y/n) concludes her song, the holograms slowly fades away. Leaving the cousins speechless at what they saw.

(Y/n) shook her head with a smile as she motioned her cousins to come closer. They obeyed and huddles closer to each other.
"We may have lost loved ones in the past, but that doesn't mean we don't have each other." (Y/n) spoke. "Yeah." Steven whispers. "You're right." Xipilli agrees. Starla nods too.
Everyone decided to huddle together in their sleep and smiles were shown as they happily rest for the night