💜CHAPTER SEVEN💜

Edited and slightly rewritten

〰〰〰〰〰〰

I woke up late on Monday, It was all Juliet's fault. Last night she didn't let me rest as she kept asking how the party was and how many fine boys were there, she also asked if I saw any boy her age. I was frustrated.

Then I had to make the hairstyle for the week which was all back and base. Thank God my mom learnt hairdressing when she was young.

We finished the hair around twelve mid night and by then I was already dozing off.

I woke up by seven am and when I was done preparing for school, it was almost eight am. I was already late. When I closed my house main gate, I looked towards Timi's house wishing to see him walk out but it wasn't possible. He usually left for school early.

As  I walked outside the estate where I will take a bike to school, I remembered I didn't say my morning prayers so, I silently prayed.

When I got to school, Timi was at the gate and he smiled as I got down from the bike.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." I replied.

"You're late."

"I know, I slept really late last night." I muttered with a yawn. I still felt tired and sleepy.

"But we got home early."

"Yeah but I had to make my hair," I said touching my weaves. His eyes followed my hands" Its nice, You look beautiful."

I rolled my eyes. Who tells a girl she looks beautiful with cornrows.

I laughed."Please help me beg your friend to let me pass."I pleaded as I remembered the wicked but cute punctuality prefect always waiting to punish late comers.

He laughed and nodded. He took my hands in his and walked me inside the school. The punctuality prefect wasn't even there. It was someone else.

"Isaiah please let her go." He told the slim brown skinned boy.

He was the head social prefect. He smiled at me and nodded " Oya go."

I thanked him with a smile and walked to the class. Becca was writing something on her note when I sat down.

"What's that?" I asked with curiosity.

"Its Maths assignment I'm copying o, we're having maths now," She said it so fast that I barely heard what she said until saw the math teacher walking into the class. I rushed to do mine too.

*************

During lunch break I went to the abandoned class at the back of the building which i was sure would be empty, I wanted to read and I needed to be in somewhere quite.

I asked Becca to buy me something when she was coming back to the class so I would have something to eat later.

I moved to a seat at the back of the class. It was close to a window. I needed fresh air.

When I was at page ten of the book I was reading, I felt a presence close to me. I looked up and I saw Timi standing at the door.

"How can I help you?" I asked and once again just seeing him made my heart race.

He walked closer to me "Is this seat taken?"he asked pointing to the seat beside me.

"Yes."

"Aw, sucks for them." he sat down.