💜CHAPTER THIRTY THREE💜

Unedited;

Anna

It took a few weeks before I got used to having a new mother figure in the house. It wasn't really hard since Aunty Rachael was so nice, and again - Jeffrey, who was really adorable.

It was a Friday and I was preparing for school when I got a call from Daniel. I was really angry with him. He promised he would be back weeks ago but he didn't even show up.

I decided to hear what he wanted to say so I picked.

"Hello."

"Hello." I replied flatly making sure he knew I was mad at him.

"Hey kiddo, I'm coming home today so we can finally settle this issue of dad remarrying. I don't think he should even be living in that house since he didn't pay a dime for it."

I sighed as I remembered our last conversation when I asked him to come home because we didn't want dad getting married to Aunty Rachael.

"We have solved it." I said softly.

"How? He's not getting married again?"

"He is."

"Ah ah, I don't understand."

"When you come home I'll explain, just don't cause trouble when you come, I'm late for school we'll talk later."

"Okay then, later."

I switched my phone off before leaving the room.When I got downstairs, I could hear Jeffrey's voice from the kitchen. He was sitting on the counter with bread in his hand while Aunty Rachael wore him his shoes.

Luckily, Jeffrey got admitted into my school. The primary section.

"Good morning ma."

"Morning dear, I made toast bread if you want some, but please help me put water on fire."

I nodded. "What do you want to use it for?"

"Your dad said he wants to eat eba this morning." She said laughing, "Just imagine."

I chuckled lightly before settling down for breakfast. Juliet walked in, sat down while muttering greetings to Aunty Rachael.

She still wasn't comfortable with her, but at least she was opening up to Aunty Rachael little by little. She made small talks with her.

Progress.

I still missed my mom, I missed her smile, I missed hearing her voice, her nags. The house wasn't the same again without her but I had to move on. We had to move on.

That's what she would have wanted, but I would never know because she was dead. Thinking of her, I suddenly lost my appetite.

"Juliet, eat fast so we can go to school."

"Are you not hungry?" She said.

I shook my head.

Few minutes later, after serving my dad his breakfast we left for school. Aunty Rachael drove us in her car.