💜CHAPTER TWELVE💜

Edited and slightly rewritten

〰〰〰〰〰

Timi,

I couldn't breath. I couldn't move. I laid under my bed making no sound as tears rolled down my eyes

Not quite long i heard the sound of something breaking downstairs followed by a scream which  came from my mother

"He won't do it again. Ejo Daddy Daniella he won't do it again."
"Shut up! Where is that son of yours? Leave the road oh! Don't let me break your head oh!" He was drunk. Again and he hit my mom. I was so sure I was next. I didn't know what came over me and I pushed  him and he fell. to the floor. Out of fear I fled to my room.

I heard footsteps in my room and I froze." You better come out from where you are hiding so you won't make things worst."

As soon as those words left his mouth I obliged. I slowly came out from where I hid and stood in front of him. I closed my eyes in expectations that he would hit me but he didn't. Instead he wrapped his hands around my neck and squeezed.

I closed my eyes tighter as I fell out of breath. I could hear my mom crying at the door. I thought I was going to die when his grip finally loosened and he eyed me " In your life, in your whole life don't you ever involve yourself  when your mother and I are arguing.

"What? Because you're growing muscles and beards now you think you are God?" He hissed and released me.

I  flinched as memories of last weekend flooded my mind. My dad abused us. I and my mom. Dani was lucky she attended boarding school through out her secondary school but even when  she was around he never for one day touched her. I was scared that day because  he never went as far as he did. I placed my hands on my neck as I remember how I gasped for breath.

I  laid in my bed as I heard movements downstairs. I checked the time on my phone. It was six thirty. Which meant I had to go to school. I didn't want to go to school.

I tried putting on a fake smile since Monday but I couldn't nor could I open up to anyone about what was happening. I was about to tell Anna before we got interrupted on Monday.

I took a shower and luckily by when I got downstairs my dad was not around. Dani and mom were at the dinner table. Eating.
"Morning mom. "I greeted.

"Morning son. Come and eat before you go to school." I shook my head in refusal. I flung my bag over my shoulder and was about to walk towards the door.

"Sit. Down." She pressed on her words.

I sighed as I sat down besides Dani. She gave me a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry about what happened." She said to me.

"Mom I think you need to leave dad." Dani grumbled. "How can you still stay with him after everything he has done to you? To your son too."

My mom shook her head. "I can't but you won't understand me. I have to endure because of you guys."

"I've heard enough".  I stood up to leave. "Wait till he  kills either you or me."

________________________✍🏽

When I got to school, coach was the first teacher I saw at the gate. "Timi where have you been? You're the team's captain for God's sake."

I scratched my hair nervously. "I've been going through some things sir."