Ch 3

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you liked the first 2 chapters. Please stick with the story as the chapters will get excited. Thank you! Let's see what Draco has to tell Hermione.

"It wasn't easy, you know. Boarding the train from platform 9 3/4." Hermiome couldn't completely see the expression on his face since he was staring out the window but she knew it was far from his usual smirk or sneer.

"What do you mean?"

"Not everyone is like you Granger. Not everyone is comfortable talking to an ex death eater. Not everyone doesn't greet me with their wands in their hands."

"The war changed everyone Malfoy."

"I know and I couldn't help but think that it was totally my fault."

"It wasn't Malfoy. It was-"

"Yes, it was. If I hadn't accepted that way, if I hadn't accepted everything my father said, if I had just prevented Dumbledore from dying,if I had just...Guess there are too many ifs."

"Dumbledore's death wasn't your fault. You didn't kill him."

"Yeah and it totally makes me feel better." He suddenly shouted but immediately regretted it seeing the look of hurt on her face. 

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to shout."He covered his face in his hands resting them on his knees. 

Hermione sighed and went to sit next to him. She put her hand on his shoulder and said,"Everything doesn't stay the same always. Things are bound to change. If not today then tomorrow. If not tomorrow then some day. But it will change for sure. Believe me."

"Why are you like this ?"

"What do you mean?"

He lifted his face from his hands and look at her. "Like this, too nice and kind to everyone, even people like me. Why?"

"I don't know but I guess I believe in change. I believe that people can change. And that those who want to change deserve a second chance." Hermione couldn't recall when she had last seen him smiling or if she had ever but the smile he gave her when she said that was enough to make her smile back at him.

"I am sorry Granger, for everything. For calling you a mud- that foul word, for making your's and others' lives hell, for tormenting you and much more. I am truly sorry."

"The past is in the past Malfoy. Nobody can change it but I guess you can make it up for that. I accept your apology Malfoy."

"I don't expect you to forgive me straightaway but do you think you can, someday?"

"Yes I can. And others will forgive you too. Someday. And that day is not very far you know." She smiled at him.

"I think I owe you one now."

"You don't owe me anything Malfoy."

"Yes I do.  You made me feel better."

"I just told you the truth."

"And it was just what was required. Sometimes the truth is the only thing we require to make ourselves feel better but we just overlook it."

"Hmm I guess you owe me. Be careful now Malfoy, I can do anything with that."

"Are you threatening me Granger ?"

"Maybe , maybe not."

"Ohh I am so scared. You can do anything I am so scared." He said with a mock expression of fear on his face. Hermione laughed while seeing his expression and Draco joined her. She noticed his eye colour change to a light shade of grey from its usual dark shade. But it immediately returned to its dark shade when the door opened.