Ch 31

A/N: Thank you so much guys for 2.2k+ views! It means a lot. Hope you guys liked the last chapter. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the chapter will be out. On with the chapter!

"After all this time?" 

"Yes." 

"It was her?" 

"Yes." 

"And I thought she couldn't do anything worse." 

"Trust me, Hermione, I know." Draco sighed as he dropped the letter on the table in front of them. 

Hermione had been quietly reading when Draco had nudged her with his elbow and told her to stop reading for a moment and see something that he was holding in his hand. 

Hermione had put the book down and turned to him, saying, "The reason for you interrupting me reading my favourite book, should be good enough. Otherwise..." She trailed off. 

Draco gulped as she glared at him, but started smirking as he sat down next to her and showed her what he was carrying. 

There was no way she could be angry with him for showing her that.

Flashback

"You stopped me from reading my book to show me this book? You know I am not interested in Quidditch." Hermione said as she saw him put Quidditch Through the Ages in front of her.

"I know that." He simply said.

"Then what is the point of putting this book in front of me, dear white bouncing ferret?" She asked.

"Ever learned how to wait, my dear beaver?" He asked. 

"What did you just call me?" Hermione asked while glaring at him. 

"I think you can hear perfectly, beaver." Draco said and smirked at her. 

Instead of answering, Hermione turned towards him, and started punching his chest. It took several minutes for Draco to catch her hands, and to stop her punching. 

"Owww.... Women. You may be my girlfriend, but it doesn't mean that you have got the right to punch me." He said, holding her hands in his. 

"You called me a beaver!" She said. 

"You called me a ferret!" He retorted. 

"That is because you are a ferret." She smirked at him.

"So, then you are a-" He started but stopped as he saw her glaring at him. "Fine. You know what, we are getting off topic here. Just open this book, and see." He freed her hands.

Hermione did as he said, and saw a letter partly sticked to the first page. She removed the letter from it, and turned to Draco.

"You have read this?" She asked him.

"Yeah, but I just did fine with reading this while it was glued to the page. I didn't remove it like you, of course." He said. 

Hermione chose to ignore the last part, and opened the letter. 

Dear Hermione/ Draco 

Whoever finds this first, my guess is on Draco, since it's his book, and you don't like Quidditch, Hermione. 

Anyways, I don't know if I will be there when either of you read this letter, depending on how long it takes you to find it. Incase I don't get the chance to tell you, this letter comes in place. 

You remember how I accused you, Draco, of insulting me, my family etc.? Well, I just discovered that it wasn't you. Someone was impersonating you using the Polyjuice Potion. I told Hermione that I would have known if someone was using that potion, but it turns out that whoever did this, knew the spell to prevent me, or anyone else from sensing the potion. I got that gift from Voldemort (you would probably know my relations with him by the time you read this) when he came back in our fourth year. He shot a spell at me which helped me to do that, and said that the counter spell is the same as the Mistletoe spell, and I had no idea what that spell was. I had forgotten about that, until you mentioned that spell, Draco. And, I thank you for that. So, if someone used the counter spell on themselves, nobody would have been able to sense the use of Polyjuice Potion.