Chapter 2: The Weasley's and Harry Potter

Amelia's P.O.V
Mrs Weasley woke me early the next morning, so she could talk to me about what was going to happen during the day. She said that she had 7 children, but two had moved out and the other chose the Ministry of Magic over them, to me he sounded like a foul git. But I wouldn't say that, because it might upset her, she handed me a pile of fresh clothes before leaving me to get dressed and do my daily routine. I turned the shower on, the water instantly shooting out of the jets, I stood with my hand under it for a minute or two to check whether it was hot enough, when I was sure it was, I stripped my pj's off and stepped into the shower, letting the warm liquid trickle down my skin. After washing myself I shut the water off, grabbing a plush white towel from the hook and wrapping it around my body before jumping back out of the cubicle, picking up the new clothes Mrs Weasley supplied me with for the day ahead. I really liked living with her, she was a very kind, motherly figure that took me in when I didn't even know her, and that is what you call caring. I changed into the outfit and brushed my curly black hair, pulling half of it up at the back and securing it with a large glossy clip. I hung my towel up to dry and walked back downstairs to find Mrs Weasley making breakfast, I smiled warmly at her and offered to help cook, but she denied but thanked me anyway, she handed me a plate of toast, bacon and egg, the smell was absolutely delightful. I ate at my own pace, savoring every delicious bite, she could really cook, it was probably the best food I had ever tasted. I insisted on washing the plates several times before she finally gave in, I scrubbed the plates clean and stacked them in the correct cupboard, which involved me having to go on my tip-toes. My boots clicking and clopping on every step, I followed Mrs Weasley into the sitting room to get ready for the rest of the Weasley's and Harry's arrival, and that's when the nerves kicked in. What if my own twin brother didn't like me? What is they hated me for living in Voldemort's cells for the last 14 years? I don't think I could cope with it if they did. About twenty minutes flew by until I noticed a loud knock on the door, Mrs Weasley told me to stay put as she went to answer it, moments later lots of rambling voices filled my ears when I heard them enter the house. Next, about four boys, a man and one girl walked into the room, all had fiery red hair apart from one of the boys, which I guess was Harry, each of them apart from the man gave me a confused look as to why I was there, but none said a word.

"You must be Amelia! Nice to finally meet you, I'm Mr Weasley in case you didn't know." Mr Weasley greeted me politely and I did the same.

"Boys, Ginny, this is Amelia, she's going to be living with us now. Come on, now, introduce yourselves." Mrs Weasley annouced and a set of very tall twins walked towards me.

"Hello there, Amelia! I'm Fred-"

"And I'm George, it's a pleasure-"

"To meet you." They both ended at the same time and I giggled a bit, causing them to grin widely.

"Hi, I'm Ron." Another boy said, he looked around the same age as me, but he still looked very confused.

"I'm Ginny! I'm sure we're going to be great friends." The girl smiled and I copied, making her brighten up even more.

"I'm Harry. Harry Potter." Harry told me, also stepping forward.

"And I'm Amelia." I replied, smiling at them all.

"I'm sorry, but we didn't catch your last name." Fred perked up and I looked at Mrs Weasley who nodded.

"My last name is Potter. So I'm Amelia Potter." I answered and Harry's face twisted in confusion so Mr Weasley said he wanted a word with us both and we obliged trailing behind him into the kitchen.

"Now Harry, this may come as a great surprise, but Amelia is your twin sister. But she was taken by You-Know-Who the night your parents died." Mr Weasley explained and Harry's eyes widened in shock, his head turned towards me and he scanned my face.

"Well, I guess it's not surprising, we've got the same color hair, same color eyes, same nose. I thought we looked alike from the moment I saw you." Harry finally spoke and I smiled at him which he copied. We were then let out and we both strolled back into the sitting room where all heads turned to us.

"I have a new twin sister." Harry said simply, resting his arm on my shoulder because I was slightly shorter than him. We both sat back down and everyone glanced to me for an explanation, the look in their eyes were saying 'why-didn't-we-know-about-you-before?'.

"On the night Harry and I's parents died, Mum cast herself in between You-Know-Who and us, which created a protective shield, but when his curse rebounded, he took me for some reason and hid me away in one of his dungeons for 14 years. I still don't know why though, so even I'm confused about that." I informed them and understanding washed over their faces even though there was a little bit of confusion left. I got to know everyone better and after a couple of hours, I had no idea why I was worried in the first place, all of the Weasley's are very nice people. They all asked me plenty of questions which I was more than happy to answer, even though I had to disappoint them on a few occasions as I had no answer to give. They also told me all about Hogwarts and Fred and George's joke shop, which they were going to give a tour around later in the summer holidays. Harry also told me about our horrid Aunt, Uncle and Cousin he has to stay with for most of the summer, which made me feel very sorry for him as they sounded like the worst family ever, but I think Harry was particulary happy about them not being his only family he had left.

Later in the afternoon, I journeyed up to Harry and Ron's room, which happened to be on the floor above mine. I knocked lightly on the door and opened it after hearing a "come in". I sat next to Harry on his bed and he smiled at me.

"Are you okay? Is anything wong?" He asked kindly and I shook my head.

"I was wondering, do you have any pictures of Mum and Dad that I can see?" I asked and he slid his trunk out from under his bed, unclipping it, then he pulled out a small framed photo and handed it to me. I stared at the moving picture of a woman with red hair and a man with black hair and glasses dance around, Autumn leaves surrounding them, it was Mum and Dad. Harry was an exact replica of him, apart from the bright green eyes, which were Mum's, I suppose I was a bit of both really, I had Dad's pure black hair, and Mum's piercing green eyes, I had Dad's nose and Mum's shortness. I smiled at it, tears brimming my eyes as I watched the figures laugh and dance, this is tuely one of the best days I've ever had, I've made new friends, I've met my own brother and Mrs Weasley told me I was going to Hogwarts in September to start my sixth year, along with Harry and Ron, who also want me to meet their best friend Hermione. How my life has turned for the better.