Chapter 30: Dreams

Amelia's P.O.V
We couldn't find one way those Deatheater's were able to find us, but they're all over the city now, looking for Harry and I. Now that Voldemort has taken over the Ministry we're forced to go into hiding anyway, even if the Horcruxes didn't exist. None of us have any idea where to even start looking for them, Oh and also, the necklace was a fake, someone with the initials R.A.B had it, but they're apparently dead now so that doesn't help us at all. Oh well, we'll find a way to see if it's been destroyed or not, we'll have to or we're as good as dead. What have we gotten ourselves into? This is probably the worst situation any of us has ever been in. The whole of the damn Ministry is going to be looking for us. Even I'm famous now, famous for being most wanted in the wizard world! How fun. I only want everyone to be safe, can't god just grant me that? I honestly don't care what happens to me if that's the cost of keeping the people I love unharmed. It'll all be over in time though, everything will be alright after this whole dilema. No-one would have to worry about being killed or hurt, no-one would have to fear for their lives everyday. That's the world I dream of.

After apparating for the second time today, I started to feel quite sick, but I didn't care at this moment. I just stood with Harry, Ron and Hermione in front of a long row of terraced houses. Soon the bricks of the house began to shuffle around and move in opposite directions, revealing a hidden house that was enclosed within the muggle apartments. I smiled as we all rushed up to the doorway, pushing the glossy black door open and stepping inside, closing it behind us. We were in a very gloomy hallway, there was a layer of dust coating the dull black walls, the old carpet had dirt lodged in the fabric, a long grey curtain covered part of the wall next to me, obviously hiding something behind it. Moments later a ball of a sandy dust-like substance rose into the air, spinning and swirling until the form of Dumbledore was created. It glared at us before soaring through the air, a single hand raised at the four of us. Hermione screamed quietly and scruched her eyes shut, waiting for the ghost-like creature to attack us, but it burst about an inch from us, the particles falling back to the floor.

"What was that?" Ron asked, emphasising the word 'that'.

"Probably Mad-eye's idea, in case Snape decided to come and snoop around." Hermione guessed but I was still too shocked to say anything, whatever that thing was it looked almost life-like. There was complete silence between all of us, checking for any kind of noise that would indicate that someone else was there too, but there was none.

"Homenum Revelio." Hermione muttered under her breath. "We're alone."

"We should all probably get some sleep, might not get much soon." I advised as we entered what looked like a sitting room, it looked as dusty as the hallway, but we weren't complaining, it's somewhere safe to stay. There was two long chairs right in the middle, covered in dirty pillows and blankets, the walls were a mundane green with portraits dotted around randomly, the fireplace looked like it hadn't been used in years, the book cases looked untouched and in all the corners of the room were several cobwebs... at least I hope they were cobwebs. The carpet underneath us had a fancy pattern embroidered in the fabric, the background colour a light brown and the patterned colour a deep black.

"You and Hermione should take the chairs, we'll take the floor." Harry said, taking a few pillows off the chairs.

"But-" Hermione and I started but the boys shushed us, insisting we sleep on the chairs. Hermione and I grumbled but gave in, sitting ourselves on the long chairs. I laid down on my side and curled my legs up to my chest, resting my head on one of the cushions. Harry came over to me and slipped a blanket on top of me before kissing my forehead and settling himself on the floor next to me. After making sure everyone was asleep I reached inside my small bag at my side, pulling out a rectangular shaped photo. I stared at the two people in the picture, those two people were Draco and I, just about to kiss when Hermione snapped a picture of us. It was my favourite photo, even though Hermione did tease me about it for a while. I clutched the paper in my hand and smiled, thinking of all the amazing memories I've had this year. I placed the picture underneath my pillow and laid my head back down, fluttering my eyes closed and drifting off into a light slumber.

*Start of Dream One*
There was a blinding flash of pure white light, like the lightning crack of a spell. At the end of this spell stood Voldemort, casting it someone who was shrieking in pain, it sounded like an old man. Voldemort had a scowl full of anger spread on his unnaturally pale face, enjoying his victim feeling the excruciating pain he was inflicting on them. The scene then changed in aa matter of milliseconds, it was then a picture of a wand, with a man carrying it. It was Voldemort's wand, his boney fingers were wrapped around it tightly, the arms of his black robes reaching his wrist.

"You lied to me... you lied to me Ollivander..." Voldemort's hissing voice whispered harshly.

"It makes no sense." Ollivander croaked in confusion. Voldemort then strode up to the old man, gripping him by the throat as he snarled in the old man's face, holding him roughly against the wall making Ollivander grunt in pain.

"I believed a different wand would work, I swear to you, my lord." There must be another way!" Ollivander choked out. That scene then vanished completely, ending that part.
*End of Dream One*

*Start of Dream Two*
This particular dream looked as though it was happening at that exact moment, not in the recent past. It was in Malfoy Manor, Voldemort was sat at a thin oval shaped table as if he were waiting for news. He stared at the other side of the room, his eyes not blinking once. The only light in the room was the fireplace, it's bright orange flames flickering rapidly, casting shadows around the eerie room. Nagini -Voldemort's beloved pet snake- slithered over to her master, her forked tongue tasting the air around her. Voldemort put his hand down and petted the reptiles head as it sat there next to him, she hissed and rose her head up to his height, turning around and moving herself on the table. The door then creaked open, but Voldemort didn't look to see who it was, he just carried on glaring at the opposite wall.

"My-my Lord, I'm a-afraid we have bad news. T-the Potter's and two of their friends escaped, and we were unable t-to catch them." A man stammered, not leaving his spot from the door. Voldemort's face darkened and his snake-like eyes burned with anger.

"So you mean to tell me that you have been unable to capture them twice, two seventeen year olds against you. You come to me and say that you have failed me?" Voldemort asked with restrained calmness.

"Y-yes My Lord. But we shall catch them soon, My Lord. I can assure you of that." The man said trying to keep Voldemort from lashing out on him.

"You've spent a year trying to capture them and you haven't succeeded so far." You could hear the anger starting to rise in his voice.

"I know, My Lord. But you must understand, My Lord. They have many people protcting them, they could easily slip through our fingers. But they can't do that now, they have nobody to protect them. We just need to know where they are." The man gained a bit more confidence.

"Bring Draco to me, he'll know where they are." Voldemort snapped and the man nodded, scurrying from the room. Minutes later he came back with the blonde haired and icy eyed man that I had learned to love with all of my heart, Draco.

"You summoned me, My Lord?" He began politely, but he probably knew what it was about.

"Yes, I did. Now as you know, we planned to capture Harry and Amelia Potter tonight." Voldemort started and Draco nodded, worry starting to grow in his eyes.

"And I regret to say that we failed, they apparated away before we could get them. We don't know where they are as the trace broke this very day. I know that you and Amelia are together, and I've also noticed that you've been sending her quite a few letters this summer, including a birthday present. So I am going to make this very plain, and very easy. Where is Harry and Amelia Potter?" Voldemort's words were laced with venom but Draco didn't seem at all phased.

"I don't know, My Lord." Draco replied simply, his expression staying blank.

"I think you do, and we will stay here all night if we have to. Now I ask once again, where is Harry and Amelia Potter?" Voldemort attempted to stay calm, but it didn't really work.

"Like I said before, I don't know where they are." Draco stated in a monotone voice. Voldemort rose from his chair, his malicious glare trapped firmly on Draco.

"I do not want to do this, especially to someone as loyal to me as you, But you have left me no other option. Crucio!" Voldemort snarled, the green sparks of the spell reaching Draco's chest, making him cry out in pain and fall to the floor.

"Crucio!" Another ear-splitting screech escaped Draco's lips as he thrashed on the floor, attempting to hold his cries in, but it didn't work. Voldemort released him of the spell and kicked him sharply in the ribs.

"This will carry on if you do not tell me. Only it will be much worse." He stormed from the room, leaving Draco there on his own.
*End of Dream Two*

I woke with a scream, sitting up with a jolt, the sweat dripping down the back of my neck. Hermione and Ron shot up from their 'beds' and looked at my frantically, trying to find out why I was screaming. Several thuds drew nearer and nearer the room from up the stairs until the door burst open where a worried Harry stood. I put my face in my hands and let the tears spill, as whatever I dream about is either happening at that exact moment or it happened in the very recent past. Harry sat next to me and wrapped his arms around my tiny figure, cooing calming words into my ear.

"I'm s-sorry a-about that. I-I just had some n-new d-dreams." I choked back sobs. Hermione and Ron looked at me sympathetically and hugged me too until I calmed down.

"You let him in again didn't you?" Hermione asked and I nodded saying that I can't always help it.

"There was two, one was of Voldemort arguing with Ollivander about a wand and the second one was of Voldmort torturing Draco about where we are." At that last part I began crying again, burying my head on Harry's shoulder.

"I had the first one too, but not the second." Harry said, confusion filling his voice.

"I'll talk to her. Come on, Amy, come with me." Hermione told me gently, pulling me up and taking me into a different room.

"Listen to me, Voldemort is trying to get to you by using Draco. He probably didn't even do that to him, he's attempting to make you give yourself in." Hermione informed me.

"But every other dream I've had was either happening at that moment or had happened recently. I know he knows about the connection between his mind and mine and Harry's, but he's never done anything like that before, so why now?" I said quietly. Before Hermione could answer, we heard Ron call us from upstairs.

"Harry? Hermione? Amy? Where are you? I think I've found something." Ron shouted and we looked at each other in interest, I wonder what he's found.