Chapter 5: Draco Malfoy

Amelia's P.O.V
Hogwarts has been good for the day I've settled here, I haven't met many new people, maybe my roomates Lavender and Pavarti, but they seem a bit too giggly and squealy to be totally honest. But I've become rather close to Hermione, she's really nice and she doesn't gossip all the time like the other girls, she's great. I've chosen the classes I want to take, with some help from Hermione of course, she advised me what subjects I would need for different jobs, what subjects are just plain pointless ("Divination is awful! You don't learn a thing! Unfog the future, yeah right.")

My sleepy eyes fluttered open, the light blinding them and I could see temporary white spots covering my sensitive vision, I glanced at the clock that was fixed to the wall which read 9:36am. We don't have classes yet, as it's Saturday, lessons start on Monday and I just need my time table to see the order of my lessons. I groaned and rolled out of bed, shivering as the cool air met my warm skin, I looked over to Hermione's bed and found it empty. She must be an early bird. I thought, walking slowly over to the bathroom where I did my daily routine, slipping on a dark purple jumper which had a wonky black star in the center, a pair of light jeans and a pair of black converse that reached just below my ankle, I brushed my wavy hair and left it down, not bothering to put it up. I strolled out of my dorm and down the girls staircase that lead into the common room, thats where I found Harry, Ron and Hermione who all smiled when they noticed me. I greeted them with a small "Morning" and sat next to them.
"Morning Amy, it's about time you woke up, your usually up when we are." Harry chuckled.
"I was just tired." I replied simply with a smile.
"Anyways, I'm hungry, we better get to breakfast before it disappears." Ron suggested and Hermione rolled her eyes.
"When are you not hungry?" Hermione muttered and I breathed a laugh and Ron sent us a strange look. All four of us went out the portrait and down the moving staircases (which frankly scared me) we walked through crouded corridors and narrow passages until we finally reached the huge oak doors of the Great Hall. We sat down at the Gryffindor table which had only about ten to fifteen people there because breakfast was almost over. I took some toast, some scrambled egg, a piece of bacon and a goblet of pumpkin juice before tucking in along with the others, who were hurrying to get their food finished. By the time Harry, Hermione and I had eaten about half of our plates, Ron had finished and was on his second, how can he eat that much?
"Slow down there Ron. Did you put an extension charm on your stomach?" I asked and the other two stifled a laugh while Ron glared at me playfully, rolling his eyes at the innocent grin I flashed him. Mcgonagle soon came over an handed us our time tables, my eyes scanned the page which had this information:

Potions-8:30am-9:30am (With the Slytherins)
Defense Against the Dark Arts- 9:40am- 10:40am (With the Slytherins)
Charms- 10:50am-11:50am (With the Ravenclaws)
Lunch- 12pm-1pm
Free Period- 1pm-2pm
Transfiguration- 2:10pm-3:10pm (With the Hufflepuffs)
Ancient Runes- 3:20pm-4:20pm (With the Ravenclaws)
Magical Law-4:30pm-4:30pm (With the Hufflepuffs)
Astronomy- 12am-1am (With the Slytherins)

I swapped mine with Hermione's to see all the same classes printed neatly on the parchment, I did the same with Harry and Ron's and we had all but Ancient Runes, Magical Law and Astronomy together, as they didn't take them lessons. I slipped the parchment in my pocket and the breakfast disappeared as we finished eating. They then decided to take me on a tour of the castle, so I would know where everything is for future need. Firstly they showed me all the different classes and where they are, like my charms class is near the library and my astronomy class is right at the very top of the astronomy tower, all of this information would come in handy as this school was absolutely huge! I wouldn't of been able to find my way with a map, it's that big and confusing.

Soon we reached the entrance courtyard and Harry's and Ron's faces broke into scowls and Hermione's twisted into annoyanced as a guy with platinum blonde hair walked towards us.
"Potter, who's this then? Another one of your diciples?" He taunted and Harry gave him a death glare and I looked towards the ground, fiddling with the hems of my sleeves.
"Get away from my sister, Malfoy." Harry hissed and I felt this 'Malfoy's' eyes on me.
"Calm yourself, Potter. I just wanted to know her name." He said and I looked up slightly. He was about a head taller than me, he had sharp, pointed features with icy blue eyes that stared right back into my green ones, and I just couldn't bring myself to look away. He was rather handsome in my opinion, I wasn't going to tell Harry that though, he would flip out on me.
"Amelia. Amelia Potter." I spoke up, edging towards Harry ever so slightly, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders in a protective manner as he glared at Malfoy whom was still watching me, but I was the same.
"Just stay away from her." Harry growled and my gaze tore away from his as Harry pulled me in the opposite direction.

What the hell just happened? Why couldn't I look away? And I noticed that his glare softened as he looked to me. Why was that? These were just a couple of the questions swimming through my mind as we carried on the tour. That encounter really confused me, and I think Hermione was also questioning what had occurred in her head too, she must of noticed something. But what I really wanted to know was why they hated him so much, they hadn't told me yet, all that was said was that they had hated him since first year, instant enemies I suppose. Once the tour had finished it was almost nightfall and we were all sent to bed. I got changed into a pair of leggings, a pj top and one of Harry's hoodies as it was cold during the nights. I slipped under my covers and pulled them tightly around me, blocking out the cold, and unfortunatly my bed was by a window, lucky me. I scrunched my eyes shut, buring my head into my pillow, keeping my fists held tightly onto my duvet. I tossed and turned on my mattress for hours, hoping to find just a wink of precious sleep, but I found nothing. I sighed and sat up, looking around the room for something that would amuse me in the slightest, but again I was unsuccessful. I rubbed my eyes and swung my legs over the side of my bed and stood up, shoving my wand into the pocket of my hoodie. I walked from my room, careful not to wake anyone up and out of the portrait. I don't know why I went out there, I just did, because I would have no luck getting any sleep so I may as well have a bit of an explore. I tip-toed down the moving stairs and down one of the corridors, lighting up my wand because I couldn't see at all through the darkness. I carried on through many, many,many different passages and corridors until I stopped in a huff, admitting that I was finally lost. One of the paintings moaned at me because my wand was too bright so I dimmed it slightly, just enough to please the painting and so I could see.

"Amelia? Is that you?" A voice called from behind me. I whipped around on the spot to see Draco Malfoy looking back at me. He smiled slightly and walked closer to me.
"What are you doing up? It's after curfew." He said softly and I nodded.
"I couldn't sleep so I decided to wander around, but now I'm lost." I explained quietly.
"I'll take you back, your brother must be worried." He offered and I smiled. He took my hand and sparks shot up my arm (A/N: yes I know it's very cheesey.) he must've noticed too as he glanced at our hands confused, but walked along anyway.
"Your not as bad as my friends make you out to be, Draco." I told him and he looked at me strangely.
"You just called me Draco." He stated and I rolled my eyes.
"That is your name isn't it?" I replied and he half smiled half smirked.
"Not many people call me that, you're one of the first." Draco informed me as we reached the portrait of the fat lady.
"Thanks for helping me." I thanked, wrapping my arms around his neck in a hug, he seemed surprised at first but hugged back moments later. We pulled away and I woke the lady in the portrait up, who seemed to be in a foul mood and started whining at me.
"Hippogriff." I muttered and the door swung open, where a worried Harry stood, he saw who I was with and anger struck his face.
"What the hell happened to you?! And why are you with him?!" He exclaimed, pulling me inside, sending a glare at Malfoy.
"I decided to go exploring because I couldn't sleep, then I was a clever person and got lost. Draco brought me back, he was only trying to help." I said and Harry slammed the door in his face.
"I don't want you going near him, okay?" Harry told me sternly and I looked down and nodded, not really meaning it but I didn't want to upset Harry. He gave me a suspicious glance before telling me I should go back to bed and I oneyed, not needing to get into trouble with him.