Chapter 50: The Diadem

Amelia's P.O.V

So, I guess the hours up, as the Death Eater's have destroyed the sheild and attacked the school. Now that Hermione and Ron have killed Helga Hufflepuff's cup, we have a weapon to do the same with the diadem, that is if we can find it. At least we know where it is, and I know what it looks like, we can't lose! Or, at least I hope we don't. We're just another step closer to killing that monster named Voldemort, who is trying to kill us. Well, that's not going to happen. I believe we can win these, that we can overthrow Voldemort, that we can kill him and put the remaining Death Eater's to justice. Give them exactly what they deserve. This will be a war that evryone will remember, on that later generations will learn about. One that will go down in wizarding history. The Second Wizarding War, good against evil. This will be what we tell our grandchildren about, the bravery of our loved ones, how we fought to defeat the forces that threaten us. What the brave people who were killed fought for, and how each and every one of them will be remembered.

We were finally at the seventh floor, the very top floor of the castle, where the Room of Requirement laid. My sprinting legs were burning, my hand was aching from holding my wand too tightly, my head was spinning, my vision was blurring, my hearing was fuzzy. But I pushed all of this from my mind and kept running, running as fast as I could next to my twin brother.

It wasn't an easy trip to the door, as the spells and explosions shot at the castle hit the roof above us, making the stone come crashing down. I squealed and sheilded my head with one hand, the other tightly gripped in Harry's. I hunched over and dodged the chunks of stone that came flying towards us, missing my body by centimeters. Tiny rocks and stone pelted my head, neck, stomach, arms legs and feet, some sharp pieces creating small tears in my hoodie and jeans, which were hardly noticable. In no time at all we reached the blank wall where the massive, carved door would soon appear. I copied Harry and snapped my eyes shut, walking past the same wall three whole times. After the first, nothing happened at all. After the second, it had the exact same reaction as the first. After the third time though, that brown wood replaced the smooth stone. And within a matter of seconds, the door had fully appeared, making a grin appear on my face. Harry and I both looked at each other and nodded, outstretching our arms to push the door open. My feet carried me quickly inside and the door shut behind us. The sight in front of me both amazed me, and frustrated me. It was an amazing sight, shelves piled high with books, ornaments, small statues, nick nacks, and a range of objects I had no idea what were called. A mountain of random chairs, bookcases, tables, cages, boxes, wardrobes, paintings, freakishly large chess pieces, wooden antiques  and other magical items stood in the middle of all of this. But that's what frustrated me, that we had to find one tiny diadem in all of this. It could've took days, weeks even.

I sighed and followed Harry into the maze of piles, bookshelves and mountains of the stuff and stayed silent. Concentrating on everything around me, hoping that I would get that tingly feeling once again, or hear that hissing and whispering of the Diadem, but nothing happened. We searched for what seemed like hours, swatting away those annoying cornish pixies that buzzed up to us. My head darted around in all directions as my eyes scannd every shelf, case and table for this crown. My ears were on full alert, ready for the second that the humming started. I made sure my body didn't touch anything as I waited for the tingling feeling to engulf me, but that never happened.

"Amy, you search around over there." Harry started, pointing over to the middle of the room. "And I'll look around over here." I nodded yes, walking quickly over to where he pointed. Once there, I came to a halt, looking left and right, choosing which way to go. I sighed in frustration and randomly picked a way, which happened to be left. Strolling slowly down the path between two lines of high bookcases, I kept very quiet, hoping for the hissing to ring in my ears. With no luck in that place, I jogged to the left of there, down another thin walkway. My fingers clenched tightly around my light brown wand, which it had been for hours. When I next go to put it down now, my hand will probably be locked in a claw position. The same result occurred at least four more times and I was getting angry, yet my determination did not shrink, it did exactly the opposite, it grew. I bit down on my bottom lip, probably drawing blood,  and continued walking, my pace quickening now as I desperately searched for the crown. An uncontrollable tingling sensation burst through my body and I gasped, immediately stopping dead in my tracks, the hissing and humming ran clearly through my ears making me spin around. My stare locked on a glossy wooden table, not the table overall, but a box sat on the top. I shuffled very slowly over to it, pulling out one shaking hand and lifted the lid up. There, laying inside, cushioned on the soft navy blue velvet, was the Diadem. I smiled to myself and carefully lifted the beautiful piece of jewelry out og the box, examining it in my hands. Looking back off into the direction I came in, I began to sprint down aisles, around corners, past familiar shelves and piles, calling for Harry.