Chapter 33: Ron's Injury

Amelia's P.O.V
That escape from the Ministry was a close call! Yaxley almost had us! Where would we be if we weren't so fast at running away? Probably waiting for Voldemort to show up and kill us. At least we're not in that situation, it would be improbable that we would survive the night. We did get the necklace, thankfully, because we couldn't go back there if we had failed, it would be way too risky. The Ministry will have almost certainly put more security in so we wouldn't be able to return without being caught out. They're a little late on that one because we have no reason to go back there. Our only problem is, how are we going to destroy this Horcrux? Harry stabbed the diary with a basalisk fang, and I don't see any stray basalisk's wandering past, so that's out of the question. Maybe Dumbledore left us the sword for a reason, he wouldn't have just left to us just because he could, right? That's just one of the things that are swimming around in my thoughts at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if my brain exploded any time soon, but it only get's worse from here. Hermione still can't explain why I can see into Voldemort's mind more than Harry. She's considered that I've known him for over sixteen years, but I don't think that's it, I think there's something more complicated to it. Only time will tell though, I guess.

I fluttered my eyes open to find myself facing the baby blue sky above me, with it's fluffy white clouds floating around like feathery pillows. I looked the my right slightly, to find the tips of crisp brown trees, it's leaves dying due to the coming of Autumn. I groaned as my head began pounding and sat up. I was in a forest for some odd reason, I thought I was meant to be going back to Grimmauld Place? Obviously not.

"Amy? Are you alright?" Harry asked, helping me to my feet.

"I'm fine." I replied. That was when I took my first glimpse of Ron, he'd been splinched, and badly. "But I don't think Ron is..."
The two of us rushed over to him and gasped, his whole left arm was soaked in blood, on his shoulder were multiple deep cuts that were about five centimeters in width and fifteen centimeters in length. Hermione cooed calming words to him while he whimpered in pain.

"Harry! Go into my bag and get out a bottle labeled 'Essence of Dittany'." Hermione ordered, trying to stop Ron's wounds from further bleeding by putting pressure on them. I carefully lifted his shoulder and placed a small cloth underneath it to prevent any more dirt from entering his cuts. Harry rummaged around in Hermione's bag, obviously forgetting that he has magic completely so I ran over and quickly kneeled down next to him.

"Oh give it here! Accio Dittany." I exclaimed and the small glass bottle jumped out of the bag and into my hand. I placed the vial into Hermione's blood covered hands, blowing some of my messy hair from my face. Hermione yanked the cork from the glass and poured tiny amounts of the liquid onto Ron's injured shoulder while he whimpered in pain. The cuts seemed to fade after a few seconds, the skin returning back to it's original state. However, being splinched takes a while to heal, so he won't be using that arm for at least three or four weeks. I sighed in relief and leaned back, pulling my skirt up which seemed to be at least four sizes too big. In fact, everything I was wearing was way too baggy, and I probably looked like an idiot, but to be honest I really didn't care.

"Weren't we meant to be going back to Grimmauld place?" I asked curiously, tilting my head to the side slightly.

"Yes, yes we were! But Yaxley had hold of me. And I knew he he saw where we were, we wouldn't be able to stay. So I apparated us here, and Ron got splinched." Hermione explained breathlessly and we nodded in understanding.

"Right, you two can set up the tent while I do the protective enchantments." Hermione ordered in a kind tone and Harry looked at me in confusion.

"Where are we going to find a tent?" He muttered and I threw Hermione's bag at him. Harry stared at me for a moment, his eyebrow raised up his forehead.

"You didn't?" He said in surprise and I smiled sheepishly.

"Oh Harry, but we did. At least we came prepared." I stated, pulling out the small bag which our tiny tent -which was bigger on the inside- (A/N: Doctor Who much?) was squished into. I laid out all of the bag's contents in front of me and muttered a spell that made the tent build itself until it was completely finished. I admired my work and grinned, earning an eye roll from Harry.I ignored this and walked over to Ron, who was laying unconcious on the forest floor. Harry and I lifted him up and carried him inside the tent, where everything was already in place. We lugged him over to one of the nearest beds and carefully set him down on it, being gentle with his injured arm. I pulled up my skirt again and let the sleeves of my blazer -which was now hanging half way down my thighs- fall over my hands, making Harry let out a laugh.

"You seriously need to change." He observed with a chuckle, looking that the clothes that were almost falling off me.

"Yes, indeed I do." I replied in a posh accent, only to get the invisibility cloak chucked in my face. I then got changed into this: [polyvore]

"That's better!" I said happily, sliding across the floor by the beds with my fluffy socks.

"I think we should all get some sleep." Hermione stated, placing her beaded bag on her bedside table. I agreed and jumped onto the top bunk, Hermione on the one underneath me. I laid my head down on the pillow and pulled the blankets over me, falling asleep almost instantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning

I woke up to the bunk bed creaking as Harry climbed to my bed, obviously planning to wake me up. I kept my eyes tightly closed and curled my hand around the head board, just in case. Harry doesn't normally wake me like Hermione does, but if he was in a bad mood, it's a different story. He sat down at my feet and hung his legs over the edge of the wood and gently shook my shoulder.

"You need to get up now, we're going to start trying to destroy the necklace." Harry told me and I groaned, sitting up.

"The one time I have a good dream I get woken up. But when I have nightmares I get left until they're finished. How's that fair?" I grumbled, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"It isn't. But life isn't fair." Harry chuckled, jumping off my bed.

"Espcially not ours..." I muttered under my breath so only I could hear. I slid off my bed and got changed into some simple jeans and a long sleeved top, nothing special. I yanked the brush through my hair and pulled it up into a tight pony tail, stuffing a pair of converse on my feet before heading out of the tent. I walked over to Harry, Ron and Hermione, slipping my wand out of my back pocket, pointing it straight at the locket that was lying on the leaf-covered ground.

"You try first, Amy." Hermione told me, gesturing to the golden necklace and I nodded.

"Arania Exumai." I said, and the locket only blasted back. This spell was used to kill things smaller than humans, or at least blow them back. But I guess the killing bit doesn't work on Horcruxes. I shrugged and nodded my head over to Hermione to raised her wand to the locket.

"Incendio." A ball of fire errupted from the tip of her wand and shot straight at the necklace, which instantly caught fire. The flames died down quickly and the locket was left unharmed, just laying there as if it was mocking us. We all stepped forward a bit, all four pairs of our eyes on the precious object in front of us.

"Dissendium." Harry exclaimed and the locket went flying, smoking as it landed on the floor. But yet again undamaged as it made tiny chittering sounds.

"Expulso!" You could hear the frustration building up in Harry's voice.

"Diffindo!" He shouted, running after the Horcrux as he shot random spells at it, hoping one would work.That wasn't the case though. Okay, now it WAS mocking us. Harry picked it up off the floor and tied it around his neck, hiding it under his shirt.

"What're you doing?" Hermione asked from beside me.

"It has to be kept safe until we can destroy it." Harry explained, obviously angry with the thing.

"So, Dumbledore sends you both off to find these Horcruxes, fair enough. But he doesn't tell you where to start or how to get rid of them. It seems wierd." Ron commented and Harry sighed, walking off.

"He's just frustrated, best give him some time to cool off before speaking to him." I advised Hermione and Ron who were watching Harry stalk off through the trees.