Chapter 4: Hogwarts!

Amelia's P.O.V

Ever since Remus, Mad-eye and Tonks brought me here the Weasley's have treated me like family, and I think of them as such. Mr and Mrs Weasley have told me all about what my parents were like, they seemed very nice people, and I can't believe I thought of them as horrible and hateful for fourteen years. Harry and I have become inseparable, or attached by the hip as some would say, you would think we'd of known each other for the whole of our lives, but it's only been about a month. In that time Ron and Harry have told me everything there is to know about Hogwarts, in lot's of detail, especially about their dangerous adventures they went on, and there were quite a few, who knows what's going to happen this year. I've come out of my shell a bit more, but that doesn't mean I'm not shy in front of new people, I will always be like that, and nothing will change it. I'm so excited to be going to Hogwarts, it sounds really fun from what the others have told me, it'll also be a new experience as I have never been to a real school, so let's hope all goes well.

I stumbled down the creaky stairs, my trunk in one hand and my other gripped on the hand rail so I wouldn't fall, this thing was heavy! Moments later Harry came to the rescue, lifting one end of the case, carrying it downstairs with me, once we were at the bottom he placed it back on the ground, taking the handle from my hand and pulling it along with his own.

"I can take that-" I got cut off by Harry who shushed me.

"No, I've got it. It's a bit heavy anyway, you might hurt yourself." He told me and I rolled my eyes, thanking him despite me wanting to take it back. We all dumped our stuff in the back and piled into the light blue Ford Angela, me being squished into a corner next to Harry. Mr Weasley started the engine and the car charged forward, slowly flying up into the air, I stared out of the window, watching all the clouds whiz past making me slightly dizzy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Kings Cross Station

Once we had arrived at the train station it was already 10:50, just ten minutes until the train had to leave, no-one had told me how to get on the platform, but they said no muggles could see it. I balanced all my belongings on a metal cart and pushed it along the concrete floors, hoping nothing would fall off. I walked in between Ginny and Harry, passing multiple platforms until we reached nine and ten. Not knowing what to do, I stayed quiet so that someone would show me what to do, as there was no visible platform 9 3/4 in sight.

"Ginny? Can you go first to show Amelia what to do?" Mrs Weasley asked and Ginny agreed, smiling kindly at me. She steered her trolley towards the wall between the platforms and began running at it! My eyes widened and my eyebrows raised as she disappeared through the solid brick wall.

"Come one, Amy. I'll come with you." Harry offered as we pointed our carts in the right direction. We began running at the brick wall, despite knowing I would go through I still had my doubts, so I scrunched my eyes shut, preparing for the impact that I knew wasn't coming. I opened my eyes to see a whole new platform in front of me, it was flooded with fellow witches and wizards, and a large steam train stood right next to us, with the words 'Hogwarts Express' written on the side in big yellow letters which showed up brilliantly on the red metal. Once everyone had gotten through safely, Harry, Ron, Ginny and I lugged our trunks and bags onto the train before it was due to leave. Ginny soon went to sit with her friends in her year which left Harry, Ron and I to find an empty compartment. Harry pulled me into a certain one which had a girl with curly brown hair sitting there, and she looked as though she was waiting for someone.

"Hi Harry! Hey Ron! Who's this? I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?" She greeted, putting a hand out for me to shake which I took gladly.

"I'm Amelia Potter, but call me Amy." I replied and she looked over to Harry strangely.