Chapter 55: Voldemort's End

Amelia's P.O.V

So my suspisions were confirmed, Harry and I do have to return back home, to make Voldemort meet his end. But for now, we have to play dead, literally. We can't have him knowing that we're alive just yet, I hope that none of his Death Eater's check if we're dead, find out we're not, then tell Voldemort. I can now say that I've experienced death, which is something not many people can tell. Our work is not over yet, though, we still have one Horcrux to destroy, and we can't kill Voldemort without killing Nagini first. I can tell that we're nearing an end though, all of our hard work has lead up to this, so we can't fail now. Otherwise we're done for. I know I've said that numerous times before, but it can still happen. Despite it not happening so far, but we've come close to it. Due to planning. And like I've said before, nothing ever good comes from our plans, which we did well to remember.

Once again, I was sprawled across the floor, but this time back in our own reality. I was laying with my back to them, in a very uncomfortable position, involving me leaning on my injured arm, which was stinging wildly. Harry was about five meters in front of me, his back also facing towards me, so not one person could see that we were alive. I kept deadly still, my eyes lightly closed and shallowed my breathing so it was unoticable. I could hear their talking behind me though, and it seems that Voldemort was on the floor, Harry must've been killed only seconds before, yet it was much longer than that to us.

"The boy and the girl? Are they dead? Cissy, go anc check." Bellatrix gasped and I heard the crunch of Narcissa's feet against the floor drawing nearer and nearer. She knelt down just behind my back and leaned over me, picking my wrist up from the ground. She pressed two cold fingers to it and felt my pulse thumping in my arm. She knew I was alive. She came in closer to me, so she was right by my ear, it looked as though she was checking for a pulse there.

"Is Draco alive, dear? Is he okay?" She muttered so low only I could hear her. Not moving any other muscle, I nodded my head ever so slightly, so much so that there was hardly any movement. I heard her let out an almost silent sigh of relief, before standing up and walking around me to Harry. Was she going to tell them, was she?

"Dead, both of them." Narcissa announced, making me almost smile to myself, but I kept as still as a statue. I heard Hagric let out a loud sob which was soon shushed by Bellatrix's hissing voice, silencing him.

"You, giant! Pick them up and carry them! It's time to proclaim their deaths to the rest of Hogwarts." Voldemort demanded, his voice back to normal. I felt two large arms slide under my figure and lift me up after a while, but a body was next to me, Harry. I kept perfectly limp, letting my head loll to the side and my legs swing around.

"Now go! We must begin the procession!" Voldemort hissed, more fat tears falling down Hagrid's face. Soon we were out walking, the blistering wind freezing my now numb hands. I took short, quiet breaths through my nose every so often, not letting my chest move at all, otherwise that'll blow my cover, and I could tell Harry was doing exactly the same thing. It didn't take long for the rest of the Death Eater's to follow us, Voldemort right at the front with Hagrid directly begind him, cradling us in his arms while being pulled along by the men holding the ropes. I couldn't tell much of what was happening, as my eyes were closed, but my hearing told me that we were marching along the bridge that leads right onto Hogwarts. My wand was still secured rightly up my sleeve, as the cool wood was pressed up against my wrist. We soon came to a stop and a whole croud was watching us, as I felt the eyes on me. It was Ginny's voice I heard first, demanding Neville to tell her who Hagrid was carrying, but my ears only tuned into another's voice, who made my heart skip a beat.

"No! NO! She can't be dead! You can't of killed her!" I heard Draco yell, pain and sorrow lacing his voice. I just wanted to show everyone that I was alive, and jump into his arms, telling him that I would never leave him, ever. I love him with all my heart, and to leave him would break my heart.