Chapter 8: Quidditch Trials

Amelia's P.O.V
As Dumbledore had told me, Draco has been acting rather strange, like he's always nervous, and he has to rush off everywhere in a hurry. Something is going on with him, and I'm going to find out. Anyway, quidditch trials are coming up, Ron's trying out to be a keeper and I'm certain he'll get it. Harry is the captin on the Gryffindor team and Ginny is vice captin as they're both amazing players. Harry said training is hard work, as he has been on the team since his first year, which I am told was very rare. He also informed me that our dad was on the team when he was here at Hogwarts, he played as a seeker, just like Harry, which I find rather cool. Like father, like son. I'm turning out very well in all my lessons, which is probably due to Hermione dragging me along to the library every other day, but every little helps I guess. Also, I've told no-one but Hermione about the extra job of looking out for Draco that Dumbledore set me, she's rather confused as to ehy I have to but then again, so am I.

"Amy. I'm going to make this very plain. If you don't get out of that bed right now I will get Harry to come in here and make you." Hermione ordered sternly and I sat up in my bed, rubbing my sleepy eyes.
"Keep your curls on Hermione. No need to threaten me." I gave in easily, climbing out of the warm, comfy environment of my blankets, to the cold, chilly one of my dorm. Hermione smiled in triumph and sat on her bed, pulling a large dusty book from under her bed and she began reading, her eyes scanning each word carefully, taking in all the information it held. I rolled my eyes and grabbed some clothes from my dresser and a towel from my draw, stumbling into the bathroom. I took a shower and dried off, changing into this:[polyvore]
I yanked my brush through my knotted hair and plugged mmy muggle hairdryer in, going through all my hair until it was in loose ringlets. I jammed my shoes onto my freezing feet and returned back to my room, where Hermione was still sat reading whatever book she had clutched in her hands. I picked my wand (which looked like this:
and put in in my pocket and pulled Hermione up, throwing the book down on her bed.
"What was that for?!" She cried as I dragged her down the stairs.
"You take me away from my sleep. I take you away from your book." I replied and she followed me in a huff, giving in. We reached the common room where a nervous Ron sat on one of the soft couches, practically shaking. Hermione and I sat either side of him, trying to find at least one way that would cheer him up just a little bit.
"Ron? Who do you hate the most right now?"I ask, an idea coming to mind.
"Malfoy, why?" He replied and I bit the inside of my lip.
"When your hitting the quaffle away from the hoops, think of the quaffle as Malfoy's head." I told him and he chuckled, shaking his head.
"Thanks, I needed that, Amy. I better get down there, Harry won't be happy if I'm late." Both Hermione and I hugged him quickly before he departed from the common room. I leaned back on the couch, my hands behind my head.
"And that, my dear friend, is how to cheer someone up when they're nervous." I said and Hermione laughed.
"We should get down there too, maybe Ron will mistake Malfoy's head as a quaffle." Hermione pulled me up from my seat.
"He better not, otherwise the bludger won't be the only thing that gets hit with a bat." I threatened jokingly as we made our way down to the quidditch field. We linked arms and skipped down the narrow corridors and passageways gaining strange looks from other students, but we only grinned and carried on. I pushed the massive doors open that lead to the field and shivered from the cold as we made out way to the stands, I sat down on the long wooden bench and watched the current activity going on down on the pitch. All the players were all talking and rumbling around while Ron was standing awkwardly at the front, looking at Harry and Ginny for instructions. Harry started talking about what the potential quidditch players had to do but none of them took even a shred of notice to him.
"SHUT IT!" Ginny shouted over the noise and everyone fell silent, I didn't know she had such a loud voice. Soon it was the keepers turn to try out, there were only two players, Cormac and Ron. Mclaggen flew straight upto the hoops and hovered just in front of the highest one, he had a overconfident smirk plastered on his face as the chasers came towards him with the quaffle. Katie Bell threw the first quaffle in his direction which he expertly blocked away from all three hoops, the same happened when the second shot was sent. Every shot the chasers took at him was blocked up until the fourth, by then Mclaggen's smirk twisted into a smug look, which made me want to throw something at him. Then the last quaffle was thrown, it flew through the air nearer and nearer Cormac, he was about to hit it away when his broomswerved sideways, totally missing the quaffle. I turned to Hermione with my eyebrows raised, the 'I-Know-It-Was-You' look and she tried not to smile. I breathed a laugh and shook my head, patting her shoulder jokingly.
"Oh, Hermione, what am I going to do with you?" I asked with a grin.
"Not tell anyone I did that, I'll get in trouble." She replied with an innocent smile and I rolled my eyes. Cormac lowered himself to the ground with a scowl written on his lips, Hermione and I giggled at the sight. Next thing I know Ron was floating a little in front of the highest hoop, gripping the end of his broom tightly so he wouldn't fall off, he looked as though he was so nervous he could wet himself. One of the chasers threw a quaffle in his direction and he headed it away clumsily, but at least he didn't miss.
"Come on Ron!" I cheered, clapping loudly. Ron kicked the next quaffle away with his foot, then the next with the palm of his hand. But he really shouldn't of tried to bat the fourth away with his broom, and he then almost fell off the other end, but luckily he held on tightly before he dropped, gave us quite a scare though. I crossed my fingers before the last shot, hoping that he block it and become Gryffindor's new keeper, I glanced over to Hermione to see her doing the same. I watched Ron intently as the quaffle soared through the air at him, and he batted it away! My curly haired friend and I jumped up from our seats, clapping and cheering for Ron,who was then made the keeper for Gryffindor team.

(A/N: Sorry this was kinda suckish, but I'll make up for it in the next one! I promise you won't be disappointed!)