Chapter 15: Train Ride Home

Amelia's P.O.V
Ever since that night after Slughorn's Christmas party I've been getting more and more worried about Draco, what could Voldemort have sent him to do? Whatever it is I don't think he'll tell me about it. What do you expect me to do? Walk up to him and say "Are you working for Voldemort? And what is he getting you to do?" I mean, I only want to know the truth, is that too much to ask? If something is bothering Draco I want to know about it. Maybe this is what Dumbledore meant about him having a hard time. But if Dumbledore knew about this, then why won't he stop it? Why leave Draco to fend for himself? And why did Draco say he may have hexed Katie Bell, even if he did say he may not have, something seems off. Because Mcgonagle said Katie was delivering it to Professor Dumbledore and that she got it from the bathrooms, right where Draco headed after we saw him. I'm just so confused right now, and it's not a good feeling knowing that the one you love may be in danger. If Voldemort really has set Draco a task, and if he fails, it would mean certain death, but I won't let that happen.

Hermione and I hopped onto the train known as the 'Hogwarts Express' with all the other students that were leaving for the holidays. Since Ron and Hermione still aren't talking, I went in a compartment with Hermione and Harry with Ron. I slid my trunk onto the shelf above the comfy seats and collapsed into one of them, sighing loudly as Hermione plopped onto the seat across from me.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked me, due to my unusual mood.

"Nothing." I mumbled, trying to get her to drop the subject, but that was definitely not the case.

"Yes there is, I can tell. You're my best friend." She stated and I sighed again, knowing I would have to tell her sooner or later.

"Well, you know when Snape escorted Draco from Slughorn's Christmas party?" I began and she cut in.

"You followed them didn't you? That's where you and Harry went." She answered for me and I nodded.

"They started having a conversation, one that's got me really worried. Because Snape started saying that he made the Unbreakable Vow to help Draco." I continued and Hermione cut in again.

"The Unbreakable Vow? Are you sure that's what Snape said?" I nodded again. "You can't break an Unbreakable Vow." She stated the obvious.

"I worked that bit out for myself actually." I commented at she glared at me for a moment.

"But then Draco kept denying his help, insisting that he was chosen for something. And I was brought into the conversation, that Voldemort is looking for me and that Draco was going to protect me and he won't fail Voldemort. I'm really worried about him." I finished, changing the subject.

"I can see why now. If Malfoy does fail him, Voldemort will kill him." She said, looking at me sympathetically.

"I know, but I'm not going to let that happen. But how can I get him to let me help him?" I sat up and put my head in my hands.

"You can try talking to him. Don't make it obvious that you know about what's happening, just slip it in here and there. Don't be blunt about it." She told me kindly and I looked up.

"I'll give it a go, but it probably won't work." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"You never know until you try." Hermione advised me and I nodded, standing up to go and find him. I pushed the glass doors open and strolled through the narrow space between the two rows of compartments to find Draco. At the end of the carriage I found him with Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson.

"You're not welcome here, Potter." She sneered, she's hated me every since I began dating Draco.

"Shut it, Parkinson." Draco retorted and she shut up. He jumped up from his seat and made his way over to me, pulling me into an empty compartment.

"What's wrong? You look like somethings troubling you." Draco asked softly.

"You've been acting rather strange lately, is anything going on that I should know about?" I replied and he looked uneasy.

"Nothing you need to worry yourself about." He mumbled, tearing his eyes away from my gaze.

"But that's the thing, I am worried about you. I know there's something going on. So either you tell me or I'll find out on my own." I said sternly and he sighed in frustration.

"Just leave it alone, I can handle it, you don't need to be worried about me." He told me, putting his arms around my waist.

"But how can I not worry? I want to help you." I whispered and he kissed my forehead.

"You're so stubborn. It's very lovable, you know." He laughed and I frowned.

"Stop trying to change the subject!" I whined, scrunching my eyebrows together.

"You're so cute when your mad, it's hard not to get distracted." He muttered, pulling me closer to him.

"Then I'm about to get real adorable." I grumbled, snaking my arms around his neck while he chuckled. I leaned up and pressed my lips to his, standing on my tip toes. He lifted me off my feet and wrapped my legs around him, holding me up by my thighs. I smiled into the kiss and tangled my fingers in his platinum blonde hair while he pushed me into the wall gently. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip, asking for entrance which I granted immediately, letting him explore my mouth. We pulled back and rested our foreheads together, I dropped my legs from around his middle and put them back on the floor, making me a head shorter then him. He put both of his arms either side of my head so I couldn't escape, it's not like I would try to get away though. He bent down slightly and pecked my lips lightly.

"Well that definately got off subject." I said, brushing some hair from my face and he laughed.

"I think we're at Kings Cross station." Draco observed, looking out the window.

"I reckon your right. I don't want to go the whole Christmas holidays without seeing you." I answered and he pulled me into a hug.

"We'll owl each other, it won't be so bad." He said into my hair.

"Come on, we better get off the train, don't want to be late." I suggested and he nodded, taking my hand leading me back to my compartment where I left my trunk. I grabbed it off the shelf and we made our way off the train. He kissed me goodbye and I made my way over to the Weasley's, ready to go home.

(A/N: Sorry this chapter was rubbish :/)