Chapter 4

The sun shined through the window and the chirping of birds soon became louder than the alarms that signaled breaches at the foundation. Speaking of the foundation... The mask sprung up into a sitting position realizing that he woke up a bit later then he meant to. He quickly stood up and gathered his thoughts. "Right..." He stated out loud to himself and reached down to the now completely acid devoured body and grabbed the book that he found in the attic yesterday. He peeked through the ajar door and examined the land for a possible route of escape. He saw multiple opportunities but there were just too many people outside and so he didn't want to risk it. "Crap! If I stay here any longer there's a big chance the foundation will find me... And all this would have been for nothing!" He groaned. He waited and waited until he finally found the perfect escape route because everyone appeared to have vanished.

But right when he was getting ready to run across the vacant land and into the forest, a helicopter and a bunch of MTF soldiers came rushing out of the thick forest. "I'm Fucked!" He quickly retreated back into the house and ran around looking for any means of escape. He ran up into the attic as a last resort and tried to find something to hide in. But to no avail... The door burst open with a loud bang and soon enough the soldiers that entered the house they had found the body. As one of them yelled to their teammates to look around because and I quote " He couldn't have gone far!" and the other was still searching in the house. "Oh well, it was a good run I guess you can take me," The mask said awaiting a response. But when the soldier didn't look at him. Finally, the soldier looked in the direction of the mask and walked to him. The mask thought this was uncanny but didn't say anything but then the soldier walked through him!

"What the f-" The mask flinched and turned around he was at the table where he found the diary. Like nothing had happened the soldier shouted back to his teammate "Nothing here!" and walked back the way he came. This time the mask moved out of the way and simply watched as the soldier walked back down the stairs

"What just happened?" The mask spoke in a confused tone. He took all that had just happened in and slowly looked down at his hands everything looked normal but it wasn't. But he had to get out of there so he might as well use the opportunity he thought. He carefully approached the stairs and sneakily exited the house even though he seemed to be invisible. He entered the forest unnoticed and began to run as soon as he reached it.

There were still some guards in the forest probably if anyone tried to run away. "Heh..." The mask chuckled to himself as he undoubtedly crept by them. In the process, he stepped on some dry leaves which hid a fragile stick hidden beneath them. The stick made a loud cracking noise and the guard instantly focused at the direction the sound came from. The mask froze as to not make another sound. The guard went closer and looked around when he didn't see anyone he turned back to his post and the mask ran for it making the least amount of noise as he could. He eventually ran so far he seemed to have reached another village or so he thought. He didn't know if he was still invisible but that was the least of his problems now. He had found a rather small cabin that was at least two stories tall. He inspected it some more from the outside before deciding to check out the inside of the cabin.

The brown paint on the door was chipping away and fell off at the slightest touch to reveal a metal door bellow it. The handle wasn't doing so great either, it was rusty and had no lock which the mask though was out of place especially if you're going to live in the middle of the forest. He opened the door and the door did so with a great squeak. The mask thought no one was home but better not risk anything. he walked around and found a desk and turned on the lamp that was on it. What he saw scared him but he shuffled through the patches of papers covered with sketches of the girl he had seen in the diary he found in the villager's attic. he took it out of his pocket and compared the sketch to the drawings on the desk. He eventually stumbled upon a paper that looked a lot like a file from the foundation and it got a lot of his attention. Specifically, the one that said " Scp 035! Why would this be here this is top secret is it not?!" By now the mask was panicking and started to feel nauseous. He shuffled some more and eventually found a file that said top secret on top. Curiously he opened it and looked at what was inside. Another file from the foundation though one he had never seen before.

Scp-000...

He read quietly to himself.

A/N: Do you want me to continue this story? And/or comment any feedback you would like to give me. <3