Chapter 6

As he read through the file he started to realize all the things that had been happening to him were not just coincidences. The easy escape, the shooting behind him, and especially the invisibility which until now he couldn't explain. But the file had explained it all and he was speechless. The file was all about the girl in the pictures he found. Well, at least that's what it looked like from the description. Although there was a picture in the file. It only seemed to be one of a containment cell with electric walls coating the inside with a black smudge in the center of the glass. He was super confused and shocked and still couldn't quite comprehend what he just read. A few minutes past and the mask was still stuck looking at the motionless picture trying to make something of it.

He finally redirected his gaze to the text and read through it at least three more times. "Telepathy, invisibility?" He read out loud "what... What?" He was speechless. The end of the file had got his attention the most. It said; 'She has definitely something with the other Scps. It's as if she was watching them. What they did and what happened to them. Every time one got physically hurt she would try and get out of her cell yelling at the researchers to stop it and to stop hurting them. There was an experiment involving Scp-035.' he could still remember this quite vividly but he never truly knew why what had happened that day happened. 'a group of researchers wanted to test her telepathic connection with Scp-035. They did so by proceeding to scratch the surface of the mask with a sharp blade. But as soon as the blade collided with the surface of the mask the researchers at Scp-000 cell ordered for them to stop the experiment. They had later said that when the blade was lifted and shown to the mask she noticeably tensed up and started to murmur things like: "What are you doing? No stop. NO! STOP IT! YOUR GOING TO HURT HIM!" She shouted with a rather distorted voice. Then ripped off the restraints that held her in her cell and processed to let out an ear-splitting screech. Hurting the researchers but only mildly...'

He read this over and over. Trying to figure some sort of explanation he didn't notice the loud squeak of the front door but when he did he panicked profusely. He jumped and threw all the things he was holding back onto the table carelessly. He peeked behind the corner of the room to see the door open but no one near.

"Oh thank god's, it was probably just the wind." He regretted saying that instantly noticing a sound of cutlery cluttering behind him. It was coming from the kitchen. Then a loud thud was heard followed by a sense of dread and dizziness. He noticed he was losing consciousness and everything around him slowly turned black. But he wasn't unconscious. He simply felt like it but it wasn't really it.

The furniture seemed to have vanished and the area around him turned dark. He could barely see a meter. Then a figure stood at the edge of the darkness slowly coming closer to reveal a black dress and almost white pale skin with hair that flowed in the non-existent wind.

The figure slowly looked up showing a familiar face. "Your safe now, they won't hurt you anymore." She said as the mask hysterically backed away not knowing what to think. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." She said with a calm voice as she reached her hand up to caress the masks cheek. She did so with a relieved smile.

"It's you!" he said grabbing the girl's forearm and pulling it off him. "Yes. YES! It's me! Do you remember me? I was there when they tried to hurt you. I did what I had to, to help you not get hurt. They were going to hurt you..." She jumped up and down almost glowing with glee. Although the mask wasn't sure if it was just due to her skin being so pale or if she was actually glowing somehow.

"So, what even are you?" He asked while letting go of her hand and crossing his arms. "I'm not sure what I am... I don't know what I'm capable of doing because I simply choose not to. Although I know why I am." She paused thinking about what she wanted to say. " I exist purely for the 'Scps' as they call them. I die so they don't have to. You live because I die. Understand?" The masks looked at her with a mageraly confused smile as he lifted his eyebrow. " So what, you're some kind of protector? You look really young for that." He asked. "Don't let my appearance fool you. I've been around longer than you and I still manage to look like a 12-year-old girl." She painted a proud smirk on her face." And I guess you could call me a protector but I've always liked guardian better." She clarified "AND!" She said exaggeratedly " just to clear things up, I don't really 'die' I just sense that one of you are in danger or in need of protection from unstoppable harm coming your way, which is the foundation. All this time from the moment I realized that I had to wipe your memory of me especially you two." She chuckled. "I cried for years. It was so hard for me to not be able to barge into the site and just get you out of there. All of you..."

He noticed something she said and noticeably stood up straight " especially you two?" "Oh, um you and 049." She said hesitantly. "Why especially us two?" She looked away for a second." It's not important!" She announced as she backed back up into the darkness disappearing while furniture seemed to have reappeared and the light outside the windows was now blindingly bright.

The mask grunted expecting more of an answer.

"Especially us two...?"