Chapter 17

I slithered slowly back down the steep ladder, into the living room and hid away from sight just incase it wasn't the girl. Luckily it was her. He only noticed this when she put her black hood down to reveal her dark brow hair. The flower in her hair still sat ontop of her head the way it had before unsatched by the hood that covered her face.

She sat down at the table and cradled her head in her arms. Something must've happened. He went closer to her, walking slowly out of the shadows.

"Hey... so you've been gone for some time. What have you been doing?" He asked hoping for a meaningful reply.

"Thinking" she replied. "I think that were ready to go for doc. First thing tomorrow morning we head to the foundation." His eyes lit up and his smile had regained it's usual luminous energy that it had lost for these past few weeks.

"Like really? But what about all the security... And didn't you say you can't go in there for some reason." He asked again.

"Well yes, I can't go inside for the sake of others safety but its also where you come in." Now he was fully engaged and listening closely.

"I will make you invisible again and since now you have some experience with it I'll send you in alone. Now listen carefully... Your job is to get anyone you can out of there or atleast open their cells." She handed him a paper with some sort of list scribbled hurryingly onto it with black ink. The paper was old and slowly falling apart at the edges. It looked like it was folded a couple times and had little tears where the folds where supposed to be. Otherwise at closer inspection the list was pretty clear to him. It was a list of all sorts of numbers. But it was obvious for what they stood for.

173
096
999
079
049
035

That was only a small portion of it but he stopped at 035.

"So this is a list of scps you want out?" She nodded and I nodded back.

"While you'll be inside I'll be on the yard distracting them from going inside." She sighed and looked at lanky and the orange blob. "We need to do this quickly as possible okay." She looks at him waiting for his reply. He nods.

"So when will we leave?" He speaks.

"We leave tomorrow first thing in the morning so be ready to leave." She flips through the pages scattered around on the desk and pulls a piece of paper out from the pile. It was a picture of someone.

"Take this with you. By the way don't worry about the things I gave you like the list. They'll turn invisible with you. also this picture, I recommend you keep. It's a person I know you'll want to avoid if you stumble onto him. His name is Mason." He examined the picture closely.

"Okay I guess... why should I avoid him though?"

"Cause he's got shit you never seen." She answered as a smirk bloomed on her face.

"So what are our chances?" He spoke again.

"Hmm" she thought "pretty much zero" she laughed "just kidding I just remembered that from somewhere. Funny you said that."

He looked confused but ignored it. Soon after he left to his room to rest and mentally get prepared. He kept repeating the same frazes that all consisted off apologies he'd been preparing for a while now. All got to the same point. 'I'm sorry I left you behind, maybe you think it was for the best but I think you still deserve a sorry for leaving.'.

He sighed and cursed at his reflection in a mirror now present before him.
"Shit"

(Hey guys sorry for the length of the chapter I think I'll start writing shorter chapters cause writing 1000 words per ch. Isn't great for my mental health and I just would be able to bring myself to keep writing the same one anyway thanks for still sticking by see u next chapter. )