Chapter 18

He sat in his bed and fell onto his back crashing into the pillows. It was near impossible to fall asleep. He just had too much on his mind. The darkness surrounded him till it withered away at the sight of light. He hadn't gotten a minute of sleep. Then again it was unlike him to sleep so he was used to it.

He got out of his bed and got ready. It wasn't long before he was out of the room. He looked around and saw the girl. She wasn't paying attention to him and didn't know he was close by. Looking over her shoulder he found her staring at a gray-scale picture of a group of people. She noticed him and quickly slammed it onto the desk and turned to him.

"It's rude to look over people's shoulders... We should go." She quickly walked out of the front door and he followed after. He was wondering if he should ask about it. It was tempting alright, but he knew she wouldn't say. He followed her until they were once again faced with a towering white, concrete fence. 

"Alright here we go" she exclaimed, stretching her hand towards him before making a swift gesture with her hand. She gave him a final nod and a light smile. It looked like she was gonna say something but changed her mind. Even if she did he was already through the gate and reaching closer to the actual building.

He somehow managed to sneak through. Even though he knew he was invisible, he felt as though he had to constantly check his surroundings for any signs of life. He remembered the paper he had from the girl.

"Your job is to get anyone you can out of there or at least open their cells." He vividly remembered her saying this the night before. He was nearing the elevators and got into one of them with one other person.

He had freckles scattered like stars in a dark sky. His hair shined a bright sunset orange and a glimpse of his eyes proved that they were blue like an ocean. His figure was fairly slim but his shoulders were broad. Wrapped around them was a shriveled up white coat with a name tag.

The elevator dinged and he stepped out. The mask was too slow at seeing what was written on it. It's not important. He thought.

He took the crumpled up piece of paper from his pocket and spared it one glance before shoving it back in. He didn't need a piece of paper telling him who to help first. He knew all too well.

He made his way down the hall. He knew every turn and dead-end in this area. After all, this is where he first met doc. After that he made it his hobby to memorize the place, knowing that one day it will help them escape.

He chuckled to himself. That didn't exactly go as planned huh?

He reached another elevator. The walls were covered with a light layer of rust and the button was hard to push. He reached the lower level. There was a hallway in front of him as were a pair of large, steel bulkhead doors right after he turned the corner.

His hand trailed along the side of the wall and he glanced up at the doors. They are never closed. Usually, open so people can walk in and out. He looked around for a switch or button but to no avail. He did, however, find a sensor requiring what looked like a level 3 key-card.

He grunted with frustration and kicked the door out of pure irritation. The sound echoed through the walls and he wondered if the doctor noticed it, and he suddenly had a bigger problem at hand. Did someone know we were coming?

He looked around for a good minute or two to make sure there wasn't a card around. Come on! He figured he would have to find it elsewhere... He made his way back up the way he came and got in the lift.