Chapter 20

It took mask quite a while to get to peanuts cell. He got lucky that he found an abandoned key card nearby. He didn't hesitate to open the gate and when he did the statue slid out faster then he'd ever seen it go.

When the mask got to the statue he explained the situation whilst trying not to panic. As he explained what was happening he started to realize that it was actually happening. He took a deep breath.

"Ok, now we need to get a level 4 key card or better yet level 5 or something" when he spoke you could tell he was trying to keep his cool.

"I think I know where we can find something like that." The statue said still not moving an inch. "682s cell requires level 5 key card so maybe someone dropped it or left it there?" The mask looked at the ground and put his hand up to his chin obviously deep in thought.

"I guess we could try that but isn't his cell really far away? How are we going to get there without it taking us forever!?"

The statue paused for a moment but it wasn't long before it spoke again.

"Do you trust me?" He questioned. For some reason, this made the mask more distrustful towards it.

"What's that supposed to mean" He answered. Although you wouldn't be able to tell, the statue rolled its eyes and spoke in a more demanding tone.

"Just close ur eyes and don't open them until I say" The mask was hesitant at first but then reluctantly agreed. After about 10 seconds later he could hear the statue telling him to open his eyes again. He opened them and when he did they were standing at 682s cell.

"Wow... That's fast..." Mask said and looked around for anything useful. He noticed a key card laying on the floor. It was a level 5 key card. He couldn't believe their luck. The key card laid next to big cracks in the floor that led out of the room. It must've been from how fast they were going... You could hear the indistinct sounds of gunfire from nearby.

He thought for a momemt and evaluated his choices. He turned to the the statue and placed the key card on its hand.

"Your fast you go and free everyone on this list and others if possible" he then handed him the crumple up piece of paper. The statue agreed and was off before he could blink.

"Ok. Ok? Ok!" He thought out loud. He was going to go check on the girl and help her if necessary. The sounds of gunfire got louder as he approached another gate close to his area.

He was hesitant at first but then slipped back outside. The gunfire was now crystal clear.

__________________________________________

Outside

__________________________________________

The girls was persistent. She wouldn't let herself get hurt, not when they all depended on her.

"Why don't we talk about this?" She shouted to the enemy side.

"You'd like that wouldn't you? Always finding your way around things." Mason shouted back.

"Just think about it! The world coexisting with us all. If they had any rights then it would be inhumane to keep them locked up here!" She was trying to go the peaceful route although she had a feeling that this time she would have to do something more or have it end up as last time.

"They don't deserve rights atleast half of them want to wipe us all out!" They where both shouting suggestions and arguments back and forth between the two sides.

The field was littered with black spikes and bullet holes. The ground was under so much pressure it looked as if it would collapse in on itself at any moment.

The battle raged on as the mask watched from what seemed to be a safe enough distance. Although it wasn't long before they saw him. One of the men shouted about him, also alerting the girl. Black spikes shot up inches from his hosts body and only milliseconds later he heard bullets ricochet off of the other side of them.

"Oh ok" he blurted out, startled and backed up inside once more. It seemed that he was no longer invisible. However he did catch a glimpse of the girl as she struggled to dodge and block all incoming attacks.

Her face was covered in darkness. It seemed to have seeped from her eyes which where just as black. He wanted to help her but was at a loss as to how. With what had just happened he didn't see himself going out there again anytime soon.

Suddenly he remembered that peanut was supposed to be freeing everyone and almost immediately started running to Docs cell and prayed that it would be for the last time.

The whole way there he was thinking about everything that had happened these past few days. Or was it weeks? He didn't see the importance of knowing how long it took to get to this point.

All that mattered now was that he was here and exceedingly close to seeing docs face again. He imagined him with his usual unimpressed expression but he knew that he was often smiling underneath the mask.

He longed for his touch and reassurance. He knew he could be vulnerable around him because the doctor would never hurt him.

He felt himself floating around the halls with butterflies in his stomach. He remembered this feeling... It was fimiliar and welcoming.

It felt so right. It felt so good to know how soft the others lips where against his own.

He had no memory of any of these feeling and sensations but they where there, clear as day, and he didn't mind it one bit...

__________________________________________

Well hello there sorry for taking forever again but I really didn't have any time for writing also no motivation ugh... But well I hope you liked this one. Next ones out soon I'll go write it now so I don't get demotivated again. But anyway just wanted to say that I love you guys you have helped me so much and made me feel so much better throughout this trying time. Your comments are life and I just wanted to say that this is the most valid I have felt in a while so thank you all!!!❤️ See you in the next one.