Chapter 22

Cool if you reading this. Anyways I'm thinking of rewriting or editing some of the earlier chapters so they make more sense. Every time I read them it makes me mad how much stuff makes no sense or that most of it are incorrect in some way or sm. Anyways yeah here the chapter enjoy.

The mask was stunned. This was unusual behavior for the doctor but agreed that he wouldn't mind getting acquainted with this side of him.

"I missed having you around whenever I could. I'll be honest with you, knowing that I was alone in this place made the days pass by so much slower... I thought I'd go insane" He managed to emit a relieved chuckle.

The black tears the mask cried poured out faster as he too had remembered all those uneventful nights, alone, the only thing that brought him comfort were the stars. However, the doctor didn't have anything. Knowing this made the mask want to apologize for not coming sooner even more.

By the time they reluctantly let go of each other they noticed the childlike anomalies all pressing up around them. They weren't aware of when they came over but it was nice to have someone else there.

"These guys helped me find you," the mask said with a cheerful tone as he petted the teddy bears head with one of his corrosion-less hands. One of the tear-shaped scps hopped into docs arms and he cradled it gently. It's great eye staring right through him.

"Well they sure are exceptionally adorable" his eyes smiled. The mask has never heard him say anything like that, it must've been a while since he'd met with anyone other than scientists and guards and such.

"Uhm mask... This one odd thing happened to me while I was in containment when you were gone. I just want to ask if you had anything to do with it." he asked nervously.

The mask nodded his head curiously.

Then the doctor started a rant about meeting a girl in a hallucination and gaining new memories. Also something about meeting a strange and unfamiliar man who told him he knew the girl.

The doctor couldn't bring himself to tell him about what he heard from that mysterious man. For all, he knew it could've all been a lie. Surely they could've known each other before containment.

Although now it was almost apparent that it was in fact true. Especially with all those new memories of times in the outside world with the other. 

They both abruptly stood back up when they heard footsteps from around the corner. The smaller scps ran away disappearing out the door that the mask came through. They looked at each other when they heard the almost too familiar crackle of the radio in the next room. Soon enough the door slid open revealing an NTF squad of three. They where out of that room before one of them could say anything but it was obvious that they saw them and were now in pursuit.

They reached a storage room, and so they hid, and they prayed. Luckily enough doc had a Key card on him from a previous person he had encountered so they were able to slip inside quickly and easily. The mask remembered the last time something like this happened, it was shortly after he ran to save his own life while leaving the doctor behind.  He felt his stomach turn even thinking about it. 

It appeared as though in the heat of the moment neither of them noticed how close together they were. Almost as if they were scared to leave the others side even for a second as if, if they did they would shrivel up and die without the others reassuring touch, so it was obvious that they were both aware of the huge empty space within the room. 

We make a good team

The mask whispered into the doctors mind not wanting to disrupt the silence. 

I suppose your right... I feel that you complete me in some ways. 

The doctors thoughts echoed back.

Mask gripped the other's hand tighter as the door suddenly swooshed open and it was non-other than their jailors. Although they weren't animate for very long as they both glared as each of their bodies fell to the ground with a loud thud. Their necks contorted and twisted in ways necks should never be twisted. A raspy voice broke the heavy silence.

"Come, come, I believe we need all the help we can- oh!" It was Peanut. "Mask we need to go outside right away the girl you talked about she told me to gather us all outside we need to fight come on." 

There was no time for explaining or rethinking there was now and only now and it could be their only chance at changing anything. After everything, a little change couldn't hurt anyone. As they ran trying hard to keep up which was nearly impossible the sounds of gunfire grew to an almost deafening amount and the trembling of the ground got so bad they both tripped at least once while they ran.

However, now there was no denying it. Everything that the doctor has experienced this past week or so was real. It wasn't just hallucinations or his eyes playing tricks on him... 

 Was this it? Where they really going to get out of here?