chapter 15

WARNING - MUSHROOMS ( SMUT ) (READ BIO TO UNDERSTAND...) Hey so yeah we're here now... I'm soooo sorry it took this long I just couldn't bring myself to write this chapter and I did it! I'm so proud of myself. Ok go ahead, read it.

You can hate me for this later

__________________________________________

The doctor rested on his bed waiting for the personnel to at least dim the lights. It sucked that the lights had to stay on all the time. He could never get enough sleep but he didn't mind it now that he had something to do. He glared at the picture he found of him and the mask. Even if he didn't feel like sleeping he felt his eyes flutter shut as he drifted off into a deep slumber.

A moment later he found himself standing elbows deep in a corpse. it looked like he was experimenting with different chemicals to perfect his cure. He looked up from the cut open body and looked around. He wasn't at the foundation anymore rather what looked like a small cabin. Outside the window it looked pitch black so it must've already been night. It felt familiar in a sense but nothing was. Suddenly two arms swung around his waist and a body pressed tightly against his back. It was warm and welcoming but the arms were cold and mushy.

"When will you be done with this one?..." The still unknown figure asked. Nevertheless, the doctor now knew exactly who it was by the sound of their voice. He moved his hands to remove the bloody gloves from them and reached down to hold one of the arms wrapped around him. The warmth of the body was surreal, yet he must have been dreaming... He untangled his fingers from the other's hand and turned around to see exactly who he expected. The mask, who was looking back at him with his amethyst colored eyes. They stayed like that for some time before the masks' hands landed on the doctors chest, and soon enough they were both red like ripe tomatoes. the mask examined his flustered face and spoke.

"Are you alright darling?" He paused to look at the other's chest. "Your heart is racing..." he looked back up at the doctor and smiled. He was right his heart was indeed racing but, he couldn't help it. It was peculiar, they only knew each other for less than ten years. The first time they met it was at the foundation and because of their 'great connection', or however the scientists put it, they where deemed dangerous to keep close by each other.

But why this? Why this feeling? Something about forbidden love? Was it the fact that they were just too compatible and at risk of working with each other to do something... create something? Prove that the monsters in this prison do have emotions and feelings? Was it about proving a point? Or simply just- Love?

But what did he know? This was the first time he had it happen to him personally. At first, he thought it was a disease, some kind of virus that spread like the pestilence. He was naive and young it was hard for him to grasp the whole idea of anything that had to do with anyone else on a different level.

Suddenly the mask broke him out of his trance. A hand landed on his cheek and his eyes darted towards the shorter SCP.

"You need to take a break, you're completely out of it." He told the doctor with great worry.

"I guess..." The doctor complied and fought the urge to take his mask off and kiss the other. He knew it was wrong. Mask was his friend. But it was like he couldn't move away. Suddenly he didn't care anymore of what the other would think. 'Just one kiss' he wondered... He slipped his mask off and leaned in towards the others face. The sensation was odd it was like he kissed him before. After he came back to his senses and realised what he had done he pulled away quickly.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry I- but before he could say more the mask pressed his lips back up against his and they both stayed there for as long as they could. The doctor ,who was dazed and confused, looked at the mask with sparkling eyes. The mask took him by the hand and led him away from the corpse. The next few moments where a blur. It felt that in an instant he appeared to be lying on the fluffy vermilion couch with the mask on top of him staring down into his glistening golden eyes.

It felt like a million butterflies where let loose inside his stomach. Everything happened in the matter of seconds and soon enough he felt a cold hand upon his skin. His vision fell blurry but he knew exactly what was happening. His surroundings faded away as he found himself and the mask at the center of the whole night. The only light illuminating the dim room now filled with sharp breaths was a small candle in the corner of the room. Realising what had been happening he quickly struggled to push himself up.

"Wait! please..." the mask was held back as the doctor grabbed his forearm with both his gloved hands. "Wait... We cant..." He panted struggling to stay together. He never felt this vulnerable around anyone but at the same time he wanted to be vulnerable. He wanted the mask to do things to him but he couldn't bring himself to speak.

"Sorry I got carried away..." The mask sat up and his face turned to a frown. Naturally the doctor would say something smart but he stared dumbfounded realising mask had shown a side of him he never did before. A sweet and tender side. One of a lover he appeared to know a bit too well.

"No, its okay..." He managed to muster up a couple of words. He felt bad to see the mask look so sad. He never liked it when the mask would frown in a melancholy way. He reached up to the others cheek and caressed the masks smooth edges. The black liquid trickled down the mask and landed on his hand. He'd normally wipe it off as soon as it touched his skin but now he just ignored it. Suddenly unexpected words blurted out of his mouth in a whisper as he leaned in closer.

"Touch me" He said calmly like it was his own brain that had created these words. His hand retreated to his lips as he leaned away again. He did not just say that.