Chapter Two

Warning: more depressing thoughts and words and some self harm.

Kastuki's POV:

Villain. Fuck-up. Angry. Bully. Jerk. Asshole.

Me.

I'm all those things that people call me. I'm also a depressed freak who cuts himself to punish the annoying boy who ended All Might's career.

I'm in class completely zoned out thinking about how messed up I am as a person. My mom hates me because my dad left us when he found out I was gay. That was the first time she beat me. I will never forget that day.

~~~~~

I had been questioning my sexuality for a few months, and when I finally came to terms with it, I decided to tell my folks. I thought they would be more accepting. I was wrong. My dad yelled at me for being a 'faggot' before he kicked me down and left. His only words being: "I can't deal with this anymore."

My mother, of course, blamed me and took out all her anger on me starting with a liquor bottle to the head. She beat me until I couldn't breathe and passed out. I woke up the next morning with blood around my face since the bottle cut my scalp a bit.

~~~~~

I felt my anxiety rise as I remembered that day. I was shaking, and thankfully, no one noticed. I tried to calm myself down as Mr. Aizawa spoke about controlling our quirks. I have to get out of here. Right now.

I composed myself for a couple of seconds before grabbing my bag and telling Aizawa I was going to the restroom. He nodded and continued his lesson as the class stared at me for my sudden action.

I quickly looked away and as soon as the door closed, I ran to the restroom. I needed to calm myself down. When I got to the restroom, I ran into a stall and locked the door before falling to my knees. When my knees hit the floor, I started crying hard, I cried so hard that I couldn't breathe. I started breathing heavier and heavier by the second.

I'm having an attack now? Here at school? I started thinking about how many people would find out if the wrong person walked in. And as if on cue, the bathroom door opened.

Someone quietly walked in and got in the stall next to me. I stopped crying and focused on staying quiet until the person left. The person finished their business and went to wash his hands. When he turned off the faucet, a voice suddenly broke the silence.

"Bakugo I know you're in there." Oh no, it was Todoroki. What do I do? Do I get out of the stall? If I even try to talk, I will most definitely break down again. He started walking towards the stall and knocked. I stayed still, eyes wide.

I let out a shaky breath, and with the silence in the room, he most definitely heard it. He spoke up, "Hey, are you okay in there?" At this point there is no hiding how scared I am about him seeing me so weak. He knocks again and says, "I can see that you're sitting on the floor." Fuck.

I finally speak up and say, "Yeah I'm fine Half'n'Half, now leave!" My voice didn't sound so threatening though. Dammit, stupid traitor voice. I know my eyes are red and puffy, and my breathing is ragged and stressed.

He can definitely hear my breathing, so he uses his quirk to freeze the lock before breaking it. I start freaking out. What do I do? What do I say when he sees me like this? Will he tell everyone?

I don't have enough time to compose myself before he opens the door. When we make eye contact, he freezes. He looks shocked. He quickly asks, "Hey are you okay? What happened? Do you need me to call someone?" I quickly yell, "NO! No, please don't call anyone, just forget you saw me please." I'm sure I look like shit.

He crouches down so we're at eye level, and asks, "What's wrong?" I look away, my face turning red from humiliation for being caught looking like this. Especially by Todoroki. Why now? Why today? He's my competition, I'm supposed to prove myself to him and Izuku.

I don't know what to say to him so I quickly come up with a lie. "I um, felt sick and came to throw up?" It came out as more of a question and he looked at me like 'really?'.

Todoroki just sighed and stood up. "I know that's not true. When I was nearing the bathroom, I heard loud sobs. Also, there is nothing in the toilet and you didn't make any noise or movements since I walked in, so I know you didn't flush," he says as a-matter-of-factly. I look up at him defeated.

I slowly stand up and walk out of the stall. I brushed passed him and our hands touched for a split second. I didn't make it all the way out of the stall before he pulled my hand back so that I would turn around and look at him.

This was awkward and when he noticed that, he quickly let go of my hand and blushed a little from embarrassment. He asked again "What's wrong Kastuki?" I just broke down again. I felt everything hit me.

What? Why? I crouched down and covered my face, trying to mute the sobs that were coming out of my mouth. I don't know why I started crying again. Maybe it's because he asked, I don't know.

To be honest, I always thought Todoroki was hot, I mean come on, look at him, but I never knew he could be so worried about someone. Me of all people. I had felt him come down with me and he wrapped me with a tight, warm hug. He smelled so good. Like apples. That calmed me down a bit and he held me until I stopped crying.

When I finally calmed down, he looked at me and sighed. I didn't know what to do, so I just turned away. This was so embarrassing. At least he didn't come in while I was cutting. That would've been a nightmare.

As I was facing the other way, I answered his question. "Nothing is wrong Shoto, I just had a bad morning is all." But it came out as a mere whisper. Crap. I called him by his real name. And not only his real name, his first name. He must've noticed my face because, with a smile, he said, "It's okay, you can call me Shoto."

I looked away blushing. I have to make it seem like I'm okay. "Tch, shut up you idiot." "Don't act like you're okay Kastuki, I can see that your make-up has come off, you have bags under your eyes." I gasped. Oh no, I forgot about that! I'm so stupid! I quickly got up and made my way to the sink. It's a good thing I brought my bag, it has a spare foundation, just in case.

I turned around to look at him but he was already making his way out the door. "Wait!" I yelled. He turned around startled. I continue, "Please, don't tell anyone." He looked at me and said, "Don't worry, I was never going to tell anyone, but just know that if you want to talk, I'll be around."

I looked down embarrassed, and said "Thank you." It came out so helpless, I had no idea if I could look back up. The last words he said before he left were "It's really no problem, I'm glad I could help." I turned around red-faced and started to reapply some foundation and made sure I had no remanents of tears or sadness. I walk out and head to class. Crap, wait, how long was I in there?

***
Word Count: 1,332
Okay so that was Chapter Two. I hope you guys liked it. Please give me some feedback and tell me what you think. I'll post the next chapter before Wednesday.