Chapter Seventeen

Katsuki's POV:

My alarm rings and I wake up from my not-so-great sleep. It's Tuesday now and Shoto asked me if I could go over to his house today. He asked me on Saturday after the mall just to know so that he 'can prepare'. He's so weird sometimes, but I like it. He's funny and cool. Anyways I start getting ready and as I'm brushing my teeth, I think about what I could wear on my date with Shoto. Hm. Maybe the outfit that Mina put together at the mall? It looked nice and not too casual. I could take off the sunglasses. Yeah that would be better. I really liked that idea. But I don't know who to get the thumbs up from about that outfit. I can ask Kirishima if he thinks it's a good thing to wear it on a date. When is the date?

I get nervous thinking about it and then when I snap out of it, I realize that I stopped brushing my teeth. I continue until I feel satisfied with how clean my mouth feels, then my tongue. I finish getting ready at around 8:20 including the scar make-up and stuff. I grab my things and head to the door. I make sure to be quiet, but when I turn around, I see Mother standing there. She has this look on her face and I know that she's going to do something. "I want you home by at least 8:30 tonight. One second later and I'll make sure you won't be able to breathe correctly for days," she says as she walks towards me. I tense up. She punches my stomach and then pulls my ear, dragging me out of the house. I've learned not to make any sound when she's doing this.

It hurts like a bitch, but it could be worse. When we're outside, she pushes me harshly. It's unexpected, so I fall on my butt. My face scrunches up in pain because I hit my tailbone. "Get up," she whispers aggressively. I quickly do so. "Why are you still here you useless piece of shit? Go to school and if I get a call from school because you're late or absent, I'm going to beat you worse than ever before. You got that?" I nod quickly before hurrying to school. I check my phone and it's almost 8:35. Class doesn't start until 9, but I'm still really scared to be late. I slow down and put on my act again when I'm closer to the school. I walk into class around 10 minutes later. I just went to check the make-up again really quick and make sure there wasn't a bruise where mother punched me.

I sit down, but when I do, the pain hits me. I know it's not broken or anything, just bruised. Hitting your tailbone hurts like a bitch. I don't react or anything like that, I just stay still and try to sit like I normally do. No one is in class yet, so I take out my phone. I play some games before people start walking in. It's Tuesday, so Present Mic is going to teach today. He teaches on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. He's loud, and sometimes I flinch when he yells. The loud noise, reminds me of Mother. Okay so loud noises give me so much anxiety. Like when I'm walking up the stairs and I hear cabinets slamming or mother yelling at the TV, I get so anxious. It makes me want to run up the stairs and hide under my blankets. Also the noises when a bus stops and the screech happens suddenly. Or in movies where a big scene happens, and they play a loud music cord all of a sudden.

Like in scary movie when there's a pop-up, they play loud music. I don't like scary movies. Yeah they're cool and scary, but sometimes too loud. I'll watch them and stuff. Sometimes I even prefer to watch scary movies sometimes. But, when my anxiety is high, I prefer not to. As I'm thinking, Izuku comes up to me. "Hi Kacchan!" I grumble at him before yelling, "What do you want, nerd?!" He looks hesitant, but then decides to speak up. "Do you want to hang out after school?" I squint my eyes at him and send him a glare. "I already have plans! Also why would I want to hang out with you?!" He laughs nervously. "Oh, okay then maybe another day." He walks away and then Kirishima walks towards me.

"Hey Bakugo. What's up?" I look at him. "Why do you want to know Shitty Hair?" He frowns at the nickname. I know he doesn't like it and I hate using it on him now. "What are you doing after school?" He asks. "None of your damn business is what," I say. He nods and smiles. I look at him with a confused look on my face. "Okay well I'll see you later then bro." He walks off and as soon as he sits down, Present Mic walks it. "OKAY LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN. WHO'S READY FOR ENGLISH!!!" There is no response. It's actually quieter than usual. He sighs. "Okay let's start. We're going to go over writing techniques." The Baku squad groans exaggeratedly. Well most of the Bakusquad. I don't of course since this is easy work. I've never found academics too hard. Yeah I'm not the best, and I could be better, but doing it takes me no effort.