Chapter Eighteen

Katsuki's POV:

It's Thursday and I could hardly sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about my date with Shoto today. I asked Kirishima if he thought the clothes that we tried on at Forever 21 were good enough for a date, and he said yeah. He asked me if I was going on a date and I told him no. He didn't believe me though. When I didn't tell him the truth, he got sad and gave up. I hate that I couldn't tell him. I'm too nervous about coming out and I don't know if Shoto wants to come out. It's a while after lunch now, so we should be leaving school in about an hour. Yesterday when I asked Mother if I could hang out with my friend after school today, she got suspicious and beat me.

When she was done, she said I could go, but if she finds out that 'I'm being a faggot', she'll kill me. I'm in class and after tapping my pen furiously, the bell finally rang. Me and Shoto are meeting at the store we went inside to change on Halloween. I brought my clothes with me to change there because I didn't want to run into Mother as I'm hurrying to leave. When the bell finally rings, I grab my stuff and rush out of the room. I try to get there as fast as possible so that I have enough time to change and pretty much get ready in the bathroom. I brought some Cologne. It's not too strong, but it's really good.

After a while, I get to the store, and then go into the restroom to change. I run into a stall and lock it before turning around and quickly taking off my school clothes and putting on the outfit that the guys and Mina got me. It's chilly outside so the checkered sleeves would be good and I didn't know whether or not to leave the chain. I wasn't going to wear the sunglasses and the chain kind of made it what it was. I don't even know if Shoto would like it. How would he dress? Are we going somewhere fancy? Ugghh I don't know. I'm going to ask him. I pull out my phone and go to his contact name 'snowflake.' I text him, 'are we going somewhere fancy?'

After a minute, he replies. It read, 'not anywhere fancy like the first restaurant I took you last time. It doesn't really matter because you'll look great anyways.' I blushed at the last part. I texted him back an 'okay thank you.' I decided to put on the chain. After a minute or two, I was done. I put on the scar make-up and double check the eye make-up. I put my stuff in my backpack and then head out. I brought my money so that I could buy my own dish. I would hate it if he thought that I expected him to buy everything. That was not going to work with me. I got out and was looking around the store. There were a few toys and snacks. I checked the time and saw that it was 4:36. We were going to meet at 4:45.

I continue looking around and then I hear the bell of the door. I turn around and see Shoto standing there. He's wearing a black turtle neck, some black skinny jeans, and some white converse. We make eye contact and we both smile. We start walking towards each other. "You look good," I say, trying to sound casual. I look away while saying that and when I look back up, I see that he's still looking at me. I get a confused look on my face. Do I look ugly? Did he realize that he's making a bad decision? "You look amazing Katsuki," he says. "I-um thanks," I say. I'm pretty sure my face is beet red. He sounded out of breath though. Did he run here or something? He didn't look sweaty or tired when he came in. "Why are you so out of breath? It doesn't look like you ran here." He looks at me for a moment before responding, "It's nothing. No I didn't run here." I just nod and stand there.

Shoto's POV:

Katsuki looked absolutely amazing. He was so breathtaking. I had breathed out, "you look amazing Katsuki," because he was just so wow. Anyways, we were just standing there before I realized that we were going on a date. I planned everything out. We're going to a park that no one really goes to. It's beautiful and I love going there. "Oh yeah let's go," I say. Before I turn around, I look at him and say, "Oh um can I hold your hand?" He nods. I see that he still has his stuff though. Did he just come here right after school? He only has his backpack, so maybe he brought his clothes in there. Why didn't he go home and change though? He still would've made it on time if he had gone home. I'll ask him later.