Chapter Five

Katsuki's POV:

Both our faces turn red. I quickly stand up and stick out my hand to help him up. He grabs it and I pull him up.

We both stand there awkwardly. Then Shoto speaks up, "Hey I told you that it's okay to call me Shoto. Now, let's go." He grabs my arm, but this time it was my left. Ouch. He's turned around so he doesn't see my face, but my eyes are closed hard and my face is contorted in pain. It's unbearable, I feel my eyes watering. I can't take it anymore, so I yell, "Stop!" But it's not an angry yell, it's just a surprised one.

I meant to sound mad, but my voice failed me again. He stops quickly and finally decides to let go. I put my arm down and he looks at me surprised. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"Um, nothing, just still wondering where we're going."

He looks at me, his eyes are squinted. He looks suspicious of me. "Okay, sure," he says. Then he turns away and tells me to walk faster because we're wasting time. I jog up next to him and we keep walking.

On the way there, my anxiety builds up. I have no idea how this will turn out. I hope it goes the way I want it to. He can't find out about anything else. If he finds out about anything else, I will literally lose my shit. He knows too much. I just don't want him to find out about this one thing. I shudder thinking about it and quickly push it to the back of my mind.

When I snap out of my thoughts, I see that we're in front a a very fancy restaurant. It looks expensive. Will he make me eat? He probably will. He said that he knows I've been skipping out on lunch. Crap, I should've been more cautious. I thought I was, but I guess not enough.

He looks at me before saying, "Let's go in, we wasted about 10 minutes getting here." I took too long, I made us late. Why do I always mess things up? Even little things like this. Why can't I just do things right?

We're walking in when a nice looking lady comes up to us. She smiles and takes us to our booth. It's away from the window, thankfully. When she gives us our menus, we both thank her. "No problem," she says. She walks away and we awkwardly look for something to order. I look at the prices with pure astonishment. The prices range from $40-$300!

He's going to waste that much money on me? Nope. The salad was the cheapest, and it's the healthiest. But damn, that steak looks good. I quickly look away from the menu and put it down. Looking at all this food makes me realize how empty my stomach is. I haven't eaten in over a week.

Grrrrrr. Oh. My. Gosh. That was my stomach. I see Shoto- ugh I have to stop calling him that. I mean Todoroki has looked up with a surprised look on his face. He looks at me suspiciously. Expecting me to say something. It's silent for a few seconds. "Wow, I guess not having lunch for one day really takes its toll on me," I say. Phew.

He still doesn't seem convinced but just hums in agreement. Then he starts talking, "So do you know what you're going to order? Don't worry about the prices, I stole my dad's credit card and he's loaded." I look at him and nod.

He sees the waiter and calls her over. She comes over to us. "So are you ready to order your food and drinks?" Sh-Todoroki speaks and says, "Yes we are, I will have the Lobster with butter on the side with a Blackberry tea." She writes it all down before looking at me. Todoroki does too.

"I'll have the lobster salad with Italian dressing. And a water," I say. She quickly asks "Would the salad be small or large?" Before I open my mouth, Todoroki says, "The large." He looks at me while he says this.

I just sigh heavily and give the menu back to the waitress. When she leaves, Todoroki starts talking. "So what was that about? I thought you were hungry, I can clearly see that you're starving. I know it's been more than just a day since you've eaten. You're cheekbones are starting to show a bit. Do you eat at home?" Wow that was a lot.

"Dammit IcyHot, I know how much food will fill me up! I do eat at home! Why do you care anyways?!" I hate yelling. And I know he knows it too. He also knows I'm lying. I don't get to eat at home. But no one knows that. I avoid eye contact. I know he's looking at me. A few minutes go by, before he starts talking again. "Okay, so I told you to come with me so that I could talk to you."

I look up. "What did you want Half'n'Half?"

He looks at me dead in the eye, "I told you that it's okay to call me Shoto. I just wanted to ask you some questions. I've noticed that you've changed a bit. I don't think anyone else has noticed. You're pretty good at hiding it." I start getting nervous.

"Tch, I can call you what I want IcyHot!" I say. He knows more than he should. I know he saw me in the bathroom, but he knows more than that.

What else does he know? He doesn't know that thing. No one does. Not even any of the pro heroes. I don't want to think about that. Especially not right now. "Are you okay?" That's what he asked me. And let me just say, it took all of my will power to not cry. Those three words, the ones that would definitely bring me to tears.

I look everywhere but his face. Then I look back up, determined to seem good. "Tch, of course I'm okay, IcyHot! Why wouldn't I be?!" I yell. Damn, why do I have to be so loud? He doesn't believe me though because he also asks, "Why haven't you been eating? What's happening with you? Have you been sleeping? Do you want me to bring in a teacher?" No not a teacher. I don't know which questions to answer.

I go in order, "I have been eating!" Lie.

"Nothing is happening with me, I'm the same old me!" Also a lie.

"I sleep all the time, too!" Lie number three.

"Why would you bring a teacher in when there's no reason to?!" Finally I'm finished with his dumb questions.

At least I thought I was. He didn't find out anything. What the hell? I just need to get him off my back. My acting is great. How does he know that I'm lying!? Ugh. I just need to leave. If he keeps asking too many questions, I will just break down in front of him and the workers in this place.

He's about to speak when the waitress comes back with our food and drinks. Oh no, I forgot, I have to eat. When she places my plate down, I nervously thank her and slowly reach for my fork. Todoroki is already digging in, but I can't even force myself to pick up the damned fork.

He looks at me suspiciously, and that's when I pick it up, and start eating the salad. It's okay I can just throw it up later. I eat it at a normal pace, even though my stomach is begging for me to stuff it all in my mouth. I'm starving. Mother doesn't care enough to make food for me.

Even if she did, I don't need food right now. I would be much better off without any. I also eat the food, because then Todoroki would have spent $45 for nothing. I can't do that. It's too rude. How many times did I have a close breakdown today? Too many. Today was just not a good one. At least I didn't start it off with a beating.

The whole meal is silent while we eat. Todoroki is enjoying his meal, while I'm almost done with mine. I take sips of water here and there. I have to get home before the food digests and the fats get released into my body. I sit there quietly until Todoroki is done.

He asks for the check and I think, wow, is this it? It wasn't as bad as I thought. Wrong. It's about to get much worse.

***
Word Count: 1,453
OMG my story already has over 140 reads. And it's ranked on a Bakugo list thingy. Lol I have no idea what it's called, but it's ranked!! Ahhhh I didn't think it would do this good. I mean I just expected like 5 readers. Okay so I've decided to update on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So since today is Thursday, I won't post until Tuesday. If you would like me to post on two different days than the ones I chose, then just tell me which ones you would prefer. Ahhh omg I'm just so hyped. Tell me what you all think. Ooof this is already a long author's note. Okay have a great dayyyyyy. Please give feedback. <3